5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well. . .
Published on March 23, 2010 by Tracy Cathers

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy NicoDerm CQ instead
I ran out of NicoDerm CQ patches so I decided to try these to save a couple of bucks. Big mistake. I used one and was instantly nauseous and within an hour I was vomiting. I removed the patch but felt sick for the rest of the day. I used NicoDerm CQ for three weeks prior and never had a problem.
Published on January 18, 2010 by Shane E

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well. . ., March 23, 2010
This review is from: Nicotine Step 1 Patch 14-pk. - Original (21 mg) (Health and Beauty)
I've used the Equate (Walmart) brand in the past with success. I relapsed a few months ago and when I went looking for the Equate brand, I found that they are on some kind of recall. The pharmacy doesn't know when it will be back in stock and I needed to start a quit right away. I found these online and so went to my local Target and purchased a pack. They work very well--just as well as the Equate. I tried the Nicoderm brand once and I can honestly say, this store brand works equally as well. I find that my cravings are almost silenced by the patch.

I would also like to suggest to potential quitters that if you decide to try the patch, it's also a good idea to chew Extra gum in conjunction with the patch. It's sugarless and the flavor really does last a long time. I don't like the nicotine gums because they have an unpleasant bitter taste no matter what flavorings are mixed in.

One other thing, any patch you use may cause vivid dreaming. It doesn't bother me but if you have problems with that, you can take the patch off before going to sleep and put one on as soon as you wake up in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat the Habit with 21mg Patches to Your Rescue!, November 2, 2010
Ganymede (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I saw the mixed reviews on these nicotine patches and felt compelled to share my experience with this brand. I have been using the 21mg nicotine patches (Step 1) for over two months and I must declare that they work well for me. Some might think that two months is a long time to be on Step 1 but I have been smoking ten years and this is the most challenging task I have to undertake, so I know it will take me a considerable amount of time to completely feel free of the desire to smoke.

These patches do what they are meant to do and that is to seriously cut or eliminate your cravings for the deadly cigarette to which so many of us are addicted. I have had absolutely NO negative side effects from this product, such as nauseous or vomiting or anything physically related. However, I think it should be mentioned, that you remove the patch before you go to sleep. It is relatively well known that nicotine patches of any brand can cause strange and very vivid dreams. Honestly, I forget half the time to take off the patch at bedtime and I have only had one experience that seemed more vivid than my normal dreams, but no harm done.

Lastly, the main reason I started buying this brand of nicotine patches was because it was considerably less expensive than any of the other brands, almost by half in some cases, and like I said this brand of patches work for me. I have tried the other patches and their horrendous tasting gum, too, and did NOT notice a difference of any kind with the more expensive patches. But truth be told, I suppose if money was absolutely no issue for me, which it is, I would probably be a snob and go with the name brand patches because I would think that I was getting something better for all that extra money, but I really wouldn't be getting squat.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last -- SUCCESS, February 2, 2011
I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to quit a habit that lasted more years that I care to remember. I have tried everything, but everything I tried either made me nauseous or made me suicidal. I didn't much care for either state.

However, these patches let me make it through a day at a time. I wish I could tell you that I have no craving to smoke. I still occasionally crave a cigarette. But now I know, with the help I received by using these patches, that I won't lose my mind, nothing bad will happen, and I will make it through without having a cigarette. I suppose, given the length of time that I did smoke, I will always have some craving for a cigarette. But I find that the very intense cravings are fewer and farther between than before. I no longer have the urge to grab a cigarette out of the mouth of passing strangers or from the person in the car next to mine at a stop light.

I highly recommend this product for stopping smoking. It worked for me after trying many, many other ways. I used strictly the Up & Up brand, the first and second steps. By the time I got to the third step, I didn't feel I needed the patches anymore, but have the third step on hand, just in case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy NicoDerm CQ instead, January 18, 2010
Shane E (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews

Nicotine Step 1 Patch 14-pk. - Original (21 mg)
Out of stock