Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

92%

on March 14, 2009
Night & Day is a lovely romance about two stubborn, set in their ways people who meet quite by accident on the Internet. Though one lives in America and the other in Denmark, they find they have a connection that transcends location. Knowing they are right for each other isn't enough, though, when neither is willing to compromise.

I greatly enjoyed this book. Hansen captures the unique qualities of the characters, making them come alive. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a true romance.
VINE VOICEon December 16, 2010
Some romances, you know exactly which protagonists are going to get together. You know it will be perfect. You're just waiting for the characters to work it out for themselves. But Sherrie Hansen's Night and Day isn't that kind of romance. These characters are all too real and too flawed for a perfect world. They're stubborn. They cling to dreams and don't want to compromise. Their relationships struggle to pass each all-too-human hurdle, and even as the story nears its close, it's not clear which lives will stay entwined and which connections will quietly unravel. Is love just an idealized dream after all, or are dreams the stuff of love?

Sherrie Hansen creates sprawling farm and comfortable home, American countryside, Danish streets, wobbling bicycles, squabbling siblings, lovers' arguments... Her scenery and her characters are all equally real, from Anders despising all things American, to Jensen delighting in all things historical, to practical Ed and misunderstood Tara, and parents who've moved away to Arizona. The love in these pages isn't syrupy sweet, the characters aren't cutouts chasing after dreams, the internet's not perfect and neither is love, or homeland. But the mysteries of a hundred-year-old romance have messages for an all-too-modern internet relationship, and the lessons of lilacs cut to make them bloom are relevant to all.

I loved following these characters as their relationships grew. I loved wondering what choices Jensen would make, and whether she and Anders could ever turn fairy-tale into reality. I loved the side characters. I loved the conversations. I loved the world...

Sherrie Hansen's created a thinking woman's romance, as full of depth and feeling and love as any other, but seasoned with history, internet, real relationships, common sense and hope; a wonderful novel, highly recommended.

Disclaimer: I got this book from a family member for my birthday; read it, enjoyed it, and reviewed it.
on March 14, 2010
If you want one of those books that grabs you and keeps you reading, this is it. I labeled it a romance for adults because it is about adults. It has just enough "steam" to make it a romance, but enough "story" to make it much more enjoyable to read. The author's tone is easy and comfortable...at the same time believable for the characters she brings to life.
on December 29, 2009
I just now finished reading Night and Day. It was such a fun book to read. I read it at night just before I went to bed. Last night I didn't have much to finish, but I was so tired I didn't want to be sleepy and miss the full impact of the ending. I was hoping it wouldn't be anticlimactic and it wasn't. I just sat there crying with Jensen.

I am not an editing expert, but certainly am a reader who responds to what is written - either skipping over to get it done with or digesting words and phrases and living the emotions with the characters. I loved this book! You wrote it so interestingly and I was surprised about the sex part. I have never read a romance novel so I really don't know how this compares, but it's like I wanted to hide for privacy when I read it. Also I have never visited a "chat room" so I learned about them also.

Thanks for sharing your gifts and talents.
on March 11, 2010
Night & Day was the first book that I finished in 2010, and as a stay-at-home mom of three boys, it really says a lot. Night & Day kept me exercising longer than normally, and it was really difficult to put down.

I can only agree with the other positive reviews, as this is definitely a book that I am happy I got my hands on.

I can highly recommend Night & Day by Sherrie Hansen, and I cannot wait to read Stormy Weather by the same author.
on April 18, 2009
I would highly recommend Night & Day by Sherrie Hansen. Sherrie is an excellent author that will capture your emotions as you read this captivating love story. She blends old family traditions and history with modern day technology and internet chat rooms. It will change the way you view internet dating. It will confirm your belief in the strength of family bonds. I can't wait to read more books by Sherrie Hansen.
on April 5, 2009
I was introduced to Sherrie Hansen's book at her Bed and Breakfast and was somewhat skeptical. I started the book and was hooked after the first ten pages. She brings her chracters together, pulls them apart, makes them unsure of their love and choices - all while a mystery in her past is being unraveled. It was a very enjoyable book and I look forward to reading more from her.
on May 27, 2012
*sigh* What a romance. Sherrie has captured my heart with this tender and contemporary romance. Enjoy this titillating modern story of love!
on April 3, 2014
I enjoyed reading this and intend to read more Sherrie Hansen books. I would recommend her books to others without reservation.
on April 29, 2012
This book, as well as Sherrie's other books, are absolutely wonderful. You will not be disappointed with any of them!