5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! TSO returns with a huge album!
I have been a fan of TSO for about 10 years now. I have gone to 3 concerts plus one this coming year. I remember waiting for the Beethoven CD and it did not disappoint. Then I waited after many delays for A Lost Christmas Eve and it came did not disappoint. It has been 5 years sense the last TSO album and its finally here! I remember hearing the preview songs and was not...
Published on October 26, 2009 by Rob Michals

3.0 out of 5 stars Great and a little dissappointing after 5 years
Great:
It's been nearly 10 years since TSO's last non-Christmas effort, Beethoven's Last Night. While completely bombastic, over the top, and bordering on ridiculous, it was a great and very original take on a story involving a key figure in musical history. The arrangments (vocal and instrumental) were solid as was the majority of the song witing and the...
Published on October 27, 2009 by B. E. Nickerson

‹ Previous | 131 32 3340 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TSO has done it again!, December 6, 2009
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
TSO has done it again! They created a great cd with original songs. I never would have believed that I would actually like 'classical' music. If you haven't seen this group in concert you missed something wonderful. It's a must hear!

5.0 out of 5 stars The experience of a moment, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
TSO is one of my favorite music experiences. You have to read the story that comes with the music. With the explanation of the stories, your music becomes more magical. The highs of the treble and deep lows of the base feel like they flow through your body and mind. Just close your thoughts and let the music flow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
Being a long-time fan of TSO, I thought I knew what to expect with "Night Castle." I'd just seen them in concert about a week before buying the disc, so my expectations were more than elevated after hearing several songs from the album performed live. "Night Castle" delivers so much more than expected; the story behind the songs, and the songs themselves are so rich, so well crafted that I find myself hitting the "replay" button on several tracks just to hear them over again. I know, I know - some may find the story formulaic, while others might fault the music for being "prepackaged" and a bit overproduced, but the simple fact is that the two elements are so well intertwined that it's seamless, which makes this rock opera (yes, that's what I'm calling it) not only an audible fireworks show, but a great story to read along with the music playing under it. Some of the journeys we start are meant to be finished by others. Much like this review...

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE Night Castle, December 4, 2009
Tamalee (Centerville, Utah) - See all my reviews
You have to buy this! It's only $3.99!!!
Incredible deal!
Night Castle is awesome. I listen to it over and over!
You MUST read the story to truly enjoy this album.
It is so touching! I LOVE TSO!
My adult children took me to their concert a couple of years
ago and now I have to see all their concerts.
I went this year looking forward to hearing them perform
Night Castle and I waited and waited and they kept doing
Christmas songs so I finally asked my husband what time it was
and they had played 1.5 hrs. It was nice of course but I was
waiting for NC. I thought they were going to end the program
because it was a matinee and they had to perform again but
they didn't take a break and started into some of the NC
songs and played another hour. They were incredible.
Nobody does concerts like TSO!
They said they may take that on
tour in the spring. I'm so excited!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fabulous!, December 4, 2009
GamesBond (Wallington NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
I first heard "Christmas in Sarajevo" in 2002 on my car radio and has been hooked ever since. I am proud to say that I purchased this from Amazon on the day it was officially released and I don't regret my decision. All of the songs are excellent and very invigorating to hear. The music is quite rich and each track is unique. The vocal performances are stunning in their perfection.

You will need to read the attached booklet to understand how the characters interact with each other but the magic that is woven by TSO in the story and the music is quite enchanting.

If you are a TSO fan, then go ahead and buy this today and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Happy Listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 1, 2009
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
This 2 disc set is a great addition to your TSO collection (or a good start to a collection)! My husband and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Customer Service of any on-line Vendor out there!, December 1, 2009
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
The CD is one of TSO's best yet. I highly recommend it and in buying on-line Amazon.Com has the very best Customer Service of any around. They want you happy from beginning to end and make sure that you are. From now on as much as I can, I will be shopping Amazon.com.

What was the best of all, they actually have a phone number to call if you need one on one for any reason. Super Job Guy, hope you don't change.

Thanks,
Texas Evie

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets better with time, November 30, 2009
G. Anning (Red Deer, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
After a first listen to this album, I was quite disappointed but I found that I liked the tracks better with each listen. There's nothing especially ground-breaking about the music, but it's good solid TSO fare. I was hoping for more covers of classical pieces, but the original compositions are still good with plenty of passion and feeling.

The story, as usual, is convoluted and confusing and is also somewhat non-sensical and pointless. As usual, it features a strong spiritual element. One single line in the text - which, I might add, is completely extraneous to the entire story and adds nothing to it - betrays the writer's Universalist worldview. While the story might otherwise have had a good message, this slip-up by itself castrates the entire message and leaves it limp, lame, irrelevant and pointless. As with BLN, just ignore the bewildering mess that is the back-story and enjoy the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars night castle cd, November 30, 2009
iodine (Benton, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
I recieved this item in atimely manor and just absolutely love it. I have become a real fan of opera classic rock. The cds done by the Trans Siberian and Manheim Orchestras are wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent and well priced CD, November 30, 2009
John C. Mcgraw "jmcgraw" (Spruce Pine, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Castle (2 CD) (Audio CD)
TSO continues to create great and very creative music and at a very affordable price. If you are a TSO fan this 2 CD set won't let you down.

‹ Previous | 131 32 3340 | Next ›

Night Castle (2 CD)
Night Castle (2 CD) by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Audio CD - 2009)
Rate and Discover Movies