Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 27, 2014
The one great thing about the entire line of Time-Life series written around this time is beyond the amazing detail and handling of prose - it may lie in the fact that most of the content is drawn from sources so obscure and novel that the reader would be hard-pressed to find references to such material otherwise. In this case, whereas the story of Grendel and Beowulf is pretty well known, and Dracula besides, the tales of evil trolls, Hecate, cannibalistic wives and demons included here are not so familiar. (These are the stories and perspectives that are now lost on this new generation of supernatural-romance novel fans. There was a time when being a vampire or werewolf was anything but sexy.)
on November 8, 2002
Excellent book, with beautiful pictures representing the stories. This book describes everyones hidden fears of what goes bump in the night all the way back to the beginning of recorded history.
on May 18, 2013
I fell in love with this series while I was in Jr. High. It's a magical set geared toward those who are fascinated with myth, folklore, and story-telling. The book is filled with fascinating stories and delightfull imagery. Some of the volumes I cherish dearly, such as Fairies and Elves, Night Creatures, Ghosts, and Water Spirits. Others are merely okay. Unfortunately the set has begun to disappear from libraries. If you are a lover of myth, folklore, and story-telling then grab this set before it's gone
on December 17, 2010
My family collected the entire Enchanted Worlds series when I was tiny, and I used to spend hours looking at them as a preschooler, and then as an older child. Night Creatures however absolutely terrified me - I first read it as a 4 year old, and still occasionally get flashes of the creature that lived under stairs and grabbed children by the ankle. Very scary! Beautifully illustrated though, and I definitely appreciate the series now that I'm older.
on February 1, 2013
Had been looking for this for some time. Family member saw it sitting on book shelf, became freaked out, destroyed book. Will be ordering another.
on June 10, 2011
This series was very entertaining to me as a child. I repurchased some of these books looking to re-experience the thrill. Unfortunately, this series is written poorly - and I can see it entertaining to youngsters - but as an adult the writing lacks depth and is annoying. It almost reads like a dungeons and dragons overview of worlds - than actual short stories or mythology.
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2007
This is a very good book full of information, and stories, I most captivated by the illustrations. A wonderful book to add to your collection.
on September 12, 2014
I've waited nearly 30 years to get my hands on this book & it did not disappoint. Love it. The book is clean, no funny smells. It came from a library, but there's no writing in it & none of the pages are torn or missing. I am very happy with this book.
on January 3, 2011
If you love fantasy, mythology, and folk tales and myths, then these books are for you. The Night Creatures book is amazing. The illustrations are beautiful yet frightening, and the book itself is wonderful! A must have for everyone in my opinion.
on October 23, 2012
I've been on the hunt for these books for years and now I almost have the complete set. The book is in great condition and the service was prompt. :)