5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful play on words, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Good Night, Good Knight (Penguin Young Readers, L2) (Paperback)
It is a wonderful simple story about caring for others set with adorable dragons and a valiant knight. My grandson loves the play on words, and insists that when I put him to bed that I say "Goodnight, Good Knight".

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story for early readers, October 6, 2013
worked well for us- son loved the story and the a-z lettering corresponded to what he was using at school so we knew exactly where he was for his level.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read-aloud book., April 17, 2013
After finding this book in our local library and finding it so much fun to read to my grandsons, I had to buy a copy for our family. I also ordered the rest of the series and we have enjoyed all of them. Last year I shared the books with the librarian at our oldest grandson's elementary school and she ordered several books from the series for the library. This is a fun book to read aloud to a pre-K child or a young elementary age child. It is also a good book for early readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Knight Books Are Great!!, January 19, 2013
My grandson got a castle toy for christmas. I wanted to get him books to go along with it, to help encourage more imaginative play. He is 4...This book was a hit. It has just enough text for a parent and child to share during story time or before bed. The pictures and story are great - The little dragons are soooo cute!! My daughter called and wanted to know "where did you get that book! " (My answer of course was AMAZON ). She said my grandson loves this book and the other one I got him which was Get Well Good Knight. My daughter was impressed with the Penguin Young Readers books and wants to get him more like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all the Good Knight books!, December 11, 2012
My mother and I discovered our first Good Knight book, Take Care Good Knight, at a garage sale. We must have looked hilarious, two adult women giggling as they read a children's book about 3 little dragons, who couldn't read, trying to take care of the wizard's cats. At the time my mom didn't have any grandchildren but decided to buy the book anyways. Fast forward 3 years and I now have a little one and my mom has her first grandchild. My mom discovered a second Good Knight book, Get Well Good Knight, and it was one of the first books on my son's shelf (she couldn't part with the first book and kept it to read when he comes to visit). Once I realized that there might be more Good Knight books I started searching Amazon, bought all of them, and they now happily reside on my son's bookshelf.

If you or your little one loves dragons and knights, then these are the books for you. The illustrations are adorable and the Good Knight is very patient and gentle with his little dragon friends. The books are fun to read out loud and I hope one day my son will enjoy reading them himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book to read to my boys!, November 6, 2012
I love this book! It is adorable and it's one of those books that's fun to read outloud. We have read this book so many times and I'm never disappointed when they pick this one! Great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Games, November 7, 2011
Christmas is on the list and getting special items are the fun of the seasons of the year. Thankyou much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Knight, Great Story, July 23, 2011
This is a wonderful early reader that can also be read to younger children . . . perhaps even as a bedtime story! The sentences are such fun. "Away!" he cried. Cliippety-clop. Clippety-clop." The sentences are repeated after each of the three episodes, one involving each of three little dragons who need a comforting ritual before they'll fall asleep. And then there is a fourth episode -- the little dragons need just one more thing. The good knight, being good, performs his duties and help the little dragons. A delightful book, a great concept to help children learn to read and also to show them Medieval times and allow them to ask questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars We ADORED this book!, December 4, 2009
Our daughter's 3rd Grade teacher is having a baby shower and the students are each getting her a book. When I asked her what book she'd like to give her teacher, even though we haven't read it in years, she didn't hesitate for a moment: Good Night, Good Knight. It was both my girls' favorite. And a joy to read aloud. It's sweet, adorable and so lyrically written. Bedtime, let's be honest, not always fun but even on "one of those nights" this book can really put a smile on a parent's face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good party favor for a "royal" or knights party, May 3, 2009
My daughter wanted a princess party for her fourth birthday, but we had a lot of boys coming so we did a princess/royal ball/castles/knights party. I really wanted to give books as a party favor and I had a hard time finding something that would appeal to both boys and girls. This book fit the bill perfectly. It's a knights and dragons tale, but it's not violent; on the contrary, it's a very sweet tale. My daughter loved it and I heard positive things from moms after the party too. Great price when you take advantage of 4-for-3.

Good Night, Good Knight (Penguin Young Readers, L2)
Good Night, Good Knight (Penguin Young Readers, L2) by Jennifer Plecas (Paperback - October 14, 2002)
$3.99 $3.59