Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Misc. SuppliesChange

on June 28, 2009
This product is lots of fun and easy to use. Make sure you get the correct one for your location...there are different versions for different latitudes. It's easy to store on a shelf or bookcase so it's always accessible and never lost. It's pretty sturdy and the information won't every get old! It should last a very long time.
11 comment44 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2010
The Night Sky Star Wheel is a must have for all new and old star gazers. Just set the wheel to the time and date and you can locate all the stars in the sky that are on the wheel....great product. Using a flash light with a red lens you can read the Star wheel at the same time you are looking at the sky....
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I was a little disappointed with this item. I had one years ago and it was twice the size of this one. Also, the one I had glowed in the dark so you could read the constellations at night. I guess I just expected that this one would be similar. Would probably not have bought it if I had known the size.
22 comments25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
This is a great product, but I needed more information about it to make the best purchase choice. There was another sky wheel listed that looked exactly the same, only a different color. There was no description explaining the difference between the two. Turns out that the one I chose was specifically for skies with light pollution. It features only the brightest constellations. A bit disappointing, considering I live in the "wild" with next to no light pollution.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
This product is wonderful You can change the month & day and the view of the sky will change. It also has the cardinal directions on it so you can orient yourself to the directions and see the whole sky. Very highly recommended!
on March 4, 2011
A little confusing at first sgiht, this star wheel is actually very simple and shows a lot of the major and well-known constellations. Very nice for high school astronomy students.
on March 20, 2013
This is pretty cool because it lets you know where the stars are based on the date and time. I love to star gaze - now I know what I'm gazing at.
on October 13, 2011
I have just begun my journey to amateur astronomy several months ago and just decided to buy this chart add in my experience and discovery of the night sky. I have found this chart to be very useful and reliable during my observing times. The back of the chart has an explanation on how to use it, if you are like me and never used this type of star chart. I enjoy the fact that this chart is not cluttered like others I have seen. This chart contains only the brighter stars and constellations to help ease the beginner into the hobby.
on April 29, 2012
I like the product. Only thing that could be better would be if it were made of plastic instead of heavy cardboard. It would hold up better to dampness and just plain use. Otherwise, I really like it! The directions for use are really clear and easy to understand. The main stars are labeled and the constellations are well marked. Now I understand what I have been just "looking at" for years.
on June 16, 2013
Although I am familiar with many of the constellations, this 'gizmo' will really help out in learning where they are. Also it will help me become more knowledgeable in regard to many other star formations. I can recommend this to anyone who wishes to 'explore' the heavens. It's easy to use, just line up the date at the top, orient yourself, and enjoy the star-studded sky.