Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blue-Wi BW-NT5011 NightHawk Bluetooth Lapel Microphone
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 7, 2013
Google the Pryme BT-LMIC. They appear to be the primary retailer in the USA for this product, whether it is either their own development or an branded import product. I purchased one from Pryme and had mixed results. The audio quality is quite good. The LED placement is brilliant. Pairing was simple. You should be aware that the device does not have PTT functionality unless with some popular radios featuring built-in Bluetooth. My patrol radio is a Harris tri-band and both the portable and mobile components feature Bluetooth built-in. Both paired with the lapel mic but neither could be controlled through the PTT function. A technician explained to me via e-mail that there is no industry standard for PTT in the Bluetooth protocol so every manufacturer implements it differently. You will need a Bluetooth adapter specific to this device to attach to your radio or a happy coincidence of radio and microphone adapters using identical implementations of PTT. If I could have made this product work with my patrol radio I would definitely have kept it. It is a well made product with an unfortunate deal-breaking protocol problem holding it back...
on May 25, 2014
I use this on a Kenwood radio with the supplied adapter.

A little background, I have used a Freelinc wireless adapter for years. Their audio clarity is great, but the mic is larger than it needs to be these days. Also if there was more than one Freelinc in close proximity they interfered with each other. It was a real problem if you were in a struggle with someone with another officer, there was a good chance you wouldn't be able to get out on the radio because the Freelincs were voiding each other out.

So I looked for a better solution and found the Nighthawk. It is Bluetooth, so there shouldn't be an interference issue.

When I bought this, I had some of the same problems other reviewers have had. Sound quality was very poor, almost unintelligible and the first second of every broadcast was cut off.

I contacted Julia Oien at [...]. She was quick to reply to my questions and was able to determine mine was from a bad batch. I mailed the Nighthawk in on Monday and had it back in the same week. Sound quality was greatly improved.

Julia also told about a setting to keep the unit awake, I quote her reply. "I may have a resolve for the sleep mode it goes into. This is called Mission Critical mode. Means it will be awake all the time. To set this up on the Nighthawk press the POWER button on the bottom and the volume up button (+) until you see 2 red flashing lights on the radio adaptor then let go. Wait 15 seconds and now you are set up. You shouldn’t have to do this again."

This worked great for me, I no longer lost the first second of each broadcast, and I didn't notice any difference in battery drain.

One other note, the instructions tell you to turn the radio on while holding down the button on the radio adapter to make it go into pairing mode. This does not work on the Kenwood. You have to turn the radio on first, then hold the button down until the light flashes red and blue.

So out of the box I would have given this maybe 2 stars at best. After a quick repair and some help for settings, this is a great device now. It's not perfect, but probably the best wireless option on the market right now.
on April 16, 2014
I would have given it no stars if that were possible. After I received it I charged it and used it for a couple of hours. It would stop receiving in the middle of a dispatch. The next day I used and same thing. The third time I tried it wouldn't work and hasn't worked since. The company said it would be over a month before they will have replacement radio adapters. Their customer service is very courteous but if it takes that long to replace a defective product I would stay away from them.