Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 questions
votes
I am very pleased to have bought this - just the sight of it has kept the thieves away, but there are several defects. 1. The mini disk that it is supplied with is rubbish and needs to be replaced with a SAMSUNG 16G mini disk. (All 32G mini disks miss out some videos). 2. When a burglar comes near the nightwatcher, on sensing the movement, it immediately turns away from the burglar and scans something else, so you cannot get a clear view of the burglar. 3. The light, as good as it is, does not light up anything further than 15ft away at night time,so you cannot see anyone passing across the path of the Nightwatcher when it is dark. 4. Do not position the Nightwatcher near climbing plants, or [plants that move in the wind, as they will continually trigger the Nightwatcher to record.
Sep 1, 2013 by Mr. P. L. Hitchiner
vote
It takes a 1GB micro SD card. Manual says up to 2. I was able to get a 64GB formated, and used it for a month. However it got squirrely after that. The card would randomly become "unformatted" and would stop recording. I have had no problems with a 8GB.
Mar 17, 2014 by Mr. C
vote
No, but it can be move by using panduit boxes and panduit raceways and hardware if needed.
Feb 15, 2014 by Clifford Hutchison
votes
My personal opinion, for what it's worth. Pro's: *Light is bright, when it turns on at night there is no place to hide. *People are used to normal flood lights, and are not phased when they turn on by motion; however when the light starts to follow you, it makes you fully aware that you are being monitored. Great deterrent. Cons: Is a slight hassle if you want to view the video. You need to turn off light, un screw the sd card cover, remove sd card, and view on PC, put sd back into slot, re-screw cover and turn light back on. ( I personally do not pull card unless I think someone has entered my property. *Dust can enter into motor mechanism, causing unit to not rotate fully. Some days it turns all the way left and right, others it will only turn one way. (sometimes a little nudge is needed to get it moving again) *Unit can go into a "sleep like" mode, it flashes but will not turn on or rotate. Needs to be re-booted basically. Overall, I am less worried about the video aspect of this unit, as I am in it's ability to "follow" motion. That aspect alone is more than enough to ward off would be trespassers. I put mine up in July of 2013, been exposed to rain, dust storms, and hail, and is still working. Like I said, sometimes I need to give it a little push, but it does work, and it does record good quality video. It has it's quirks, but I do recommend it. Just my two cents.
Sep 4, 2014 by Mr. C
votes
Flashing orange indicates the motor is possibly out of syc. Try a power off reset . I've had this happen but honestly not frequently enough to count. We have several Nightwatcher Cameras.
Oct 26, 2014 by Mel D.
votes
It uses a microSD card and you have to remove the card to download the data. It does not work wireless and does not have Bluetooth technology. It is cool how it follows you when you walk near it. Day or night, it follows you, but the lights only come on when dark. The camera part will take photos in daylight or in the dark. It is a pain to get a ladder to take the card out, but even without the camera, the tracking of a heat source and following it is cool. I have captured bears and deer walking by the camera.
Oct 10, 2014 by John Carver
votes
You probably won't be able to recognize a facade well from 20-30 feet away. Not sure of the resolution either but,it's probably 720p or lower.
Sep 24, 2014 by Timothy E. Koors
votes
Don't know. If the voltage has changed then the wattage will also have changed. The nightwatcher has been such a great success that there has been similar products come on the market - not so cheap as the nightwatcher, but probably better - ie. nightvision. I have been very pleased with mine once I had changed the mini disk for a better one. No burglar comes anywhere near it.
Apr 30, 2014 by Mr. P. L. Hitchiner
votes
It comes with a 1gb micro card. It says not to use more than a 4gb card. The 1gb card doesnt record that much.
Apr 26, 2014 by Matt
votes
our temp got down to 20 this winter and as far as I know it was still working
Apr 25, 2014 by William Wilson
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers