4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected
Published on June 10, 2012 by Amazonian

1.0 out of 5 stars No support from Nightwatcher
Published on November 19, 2011 by H. Johns

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, June 10, 2012
I installed 4 of these over 4 months ago, and they have been working very well. I also installed two other cameras, from a different manufacturer that provide a live feed to the house, so these NightWatcher cameras are for backup/alternate angles (and also for their motion tracking lights). Since the NightWatchers record directly to their on-board SD cards, they are not useful for live-monitoring. However, they work well in their designed capacity. The tracking function is really cool, and seems to make for an intimidating deterrent.

One tip: One of my NightWatcher lights was coming on every time a car drove by on the street, because the motion detection has a pretty long range. I made it "near-sighted" by placing electrical tape over the upper portion of the motion detection window on the NightWatcher. Now, it only "sees" when there is motion on the driveway and near the garage. Perfect. Raise or lower the tape on the window to adjust the range.

I am satisfied with these camera/lights.

1.0 out of 5 stars No support from Nightwatcher, November 19, 2011
This review is from: NightWatcher Robotic Security Light with Camera-LED (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought and installed model 700 a week ago and it started shutting down and just flashing a green light in the sensor window after 4 days of operation. I have reset it daily and it would work for several hours and then stop again. I have tried to seek assistance to correct the problem from "Nightwatcher" to no avail. Three notes and three phone calls later I still have no response from "Nightwatcher". Light and camera would be great IF IT WORKED and if Nightwatcher had any support for their product. I purchased it based on Amazon and and HomeDepot carrying the product online and expected their support from their brand name would lend credit to the product. IT DOES NOT and it has changed my opinion of purchasing through Amazon or HomeDepot in the future. No returns...no support...no response after spending $245.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spent $250 for 4 days of security. This sucks!, January 26, 2011
Bought this to protect myself from insane neighbors and after 4 days it's already broken. Stopped going from side to side, just stays pointed in one direction at the wall and light won't turn off.

Luckily it's not too hard to put up, since now I'll be taking it down again. Just mad at how worthless this thing is. I had a feeling this would happen, but I figured $250 would allow me to at least use it for 6 months to a year. I would have been satisfied with that but 4 days is pathetic. Stay away, don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy - Item Does Not Work as Advertised, March 24, 2012
I purchased this product and had it professionally installed. It worked for approximately 2 weeks before, like other reviewers experienced, the product stopped working. The light would no longer turn and the light would no longer turn on and off as it is supposed to. The alleged "re-set" button does absolutely nothing. Do not buy this product unless you enjoy being ripped off. There is no customer support offered by Nightwatcher which tells you everything about the company you need to know. They do not stand behind their product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even work in the store, August 24, 2012
They now sell these at Costco for about $160. They had a display but it was unplugged. I plugged it in and it started right up and tracked myself and other people in the aisle about four times. Then it froze. We tried hitting the reset button and it still wouldn't work.

We found that the only way it would start working it again was if you unplugged the display for about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in. Even after doing this it would only work 3-5 times before freezing again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, June 19, 2012
Franklin "bfranklin" (Chandler, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Installation was fairly simple, and it seemed to work as advertised but it broke after a week. I predict they'll be out of business soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars ripped off, February 12, 2012
piece of crap. bought 2 and within 3 months are broken. can't get support and too long to return. one filled with water. the othe just died. don't by this . save your money and get something with a UL label. I wanted to give it a no star rating,but couldn't. so that one star is a forced rating....

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd wait..., June 21, 2011
tsunamiscott (State of Jefferson, USA) - See all my reviews
There is no sensitivity adjustment, and a small 2 GB maximum memory card limit, so the recorded history is less than 24 hours in our location. Switching to photo mode extends the recording time, but we are stuck with thousands of photos to look through. Our 2 cats, and the local raccoons, keep this unit very busy even though it's mounted 7' off the ground.

I'd wait for the next generation before buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd Wait..., June 21, 2011
tsunamiscott (State of Jefferson, USA) - See all my reviews

I'd wait for the next generation before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching you, August 22, 2011
This was a great purchase. Easy to put up and easy to use. Only problem I ran into was it was a little hard to see the little led light when you are changing settings. Also the time/date setting screen was a little hard to read. Most of the problem was I was doing it in the bright sun. Toward evening it was easier to read the screen. I would buy this again and tell all my friends about it.