Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nightingales Under the Snow: Poems
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

50%
50%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 28, 2000
This is one of my favorite books of poetry. Schimmel, a scholar and teacher of Rumi and Islam, not only knows her subject intellectually, but shows in this slim volume that her heart truly resonates with the "Longing for the Beloved." Read these words and you will get a "taste" of the spirit of Schimmel, Rumi and Sufi mysticism. You as reader may also come to know the longing for the beloved that lies buried in your own heart. This is the true teaching of this book of poetry and it achieves it masterfully. I had Professor Schimmel as a teacher in the classroom, but she reached me through this book.
on July 28, 2013
I chose this book because I am a great admirer of Schimmel's scholarship. These poems flow with a soft fluency that carries the reader across India and Pakistan and back to New England. I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys poetry or who is a student of Sufism.