Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nightmares of Mine (Rolemaster Standard System)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 12, 2000
I came across a recommendation for this book while I was preparing to run a few horror scenarios in my AD&D campaign. While it is a Rolemaster supplement, I have to say that it's absolutely the best piece of writing I've ever encountered on running a game of any sort!
The author cleverly and masterfully breaks the horror genre down into its more basic elements and gives the GM clear and easily-grasped ideas on combining them into effective horror adventures. I recommend this book for GMs using any gaming system.
One thing to keep in mind is that this book contains no game stats. It is compatable with pretty much everything.
on November 14, 2005
Being the Rolemaster fan that I am I purchased this book just on the notion that it would be a quaint little collectors piece. I was far from being correct. Horror fantasy is one of my best run games thanks to this book. This book covers every kind of horror from the typical creepy kind to the gory blood splattering grotesque kind. It will help you define what kind of horror to place in your game. This book is a must for horror gamers for any RPG on the market!

Bruce
on November 9, 2012
Classic GMing advice from one of the best in the field. But after the publisher went bankrupt the price of this version soared. Not clear to me why. Much of the same material is available in a later book by the same author: GURPS Horror 4th edition. Maybe more system specific, but still similar content.
GURPS Horror 4th Edition (GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System)
GURPS Horror
I'd take a close look at the more recent book before sending money on this one.
on October 25, 2015
Owned it once before. I think this book is a must have for anyone running a horror game. This book has been invaluable to me and my players for when I run horror scenarios, which happen to apparently be the best games I run.....
on July 4, 2013
One of the most condescending, worthless products I have ever read on the subject of running horror in any kind of game or storytelling medium. The advice encourages simplistic, mindless behavior from two dimensional characters who ignore the most basic concepts of common sense and rational thought. Written as if by children, for children, the book will be worthless to any actual fan of horror film and literature. You will not only fail to become a better GM for horror themed games by reading and implementing the advice here - you will become worse.

If you are a player serious about running a Horror themed game, save your time and money, read some books on how to write horror by authors you respect and whose style you wish to capture in your own way.