Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 27, 2012
"Nightmare's Paradise" is an astonishing debut novel for writer Walter Williams III. His protagonist, Samuel Vesey Anderson, has had a psyche-scrarring war career in Afghanistan, only to return home to an apocalypse. Now he has to find the people he cares most about and navigate his way through an even more terrifying landscape than he faced abroad.

Williams combines his background in video games and literature to create strong, relatable characters, vivid action scenes and resonant themes. I also believe -- although Williams might say I'm wrong -- that "Nightmare's Paradise" is also ultimately a deeply spiritual book.

Whether you're a fan of zombie holocaust fiction or vampire romantic nihilism, you'll find that Williams goes beyond those genres to create a new realistic horror fiction that will keep you reading -- and wanting more.
on October 7, 2012
The story is original, engaging and a truly fun jog through a landscape no one would want to go for vacation. However, and this is a HUGE however, the book is so rough as to be nearly unreadable. Words are misused, misspelled and missing. I would say my rating would go 5 star should someone would take the time to do a basic edit of the text.
on June 22, 2014
Overall I enjoyed this book. I liked the pacing, the complex and realistic characters, especially Samuel.
What I liked best was that the book's plot was revealed very well. You don't realize the twist until you start to get the feeling that something is wrong, almost like something's approaching in a fog, you have an idea of what you're looking at, but it doesn't fully take shape until its close. I also thought the meteor theory was a good way to lead readers into thinking a certain way.
Very interesting and well executed.
My only issues are with minor editing and proofing mistakes. Incorrect grammar, misspelled words, wrong words, etc. I came very close to putting this book down in the beginning because of this. I'm glad I didn't, but I wonder how many people have put this book down when they would have enjoyed it.
Again it's a great book and when the funds allow I'll definitely invest in the series.
on October 3, 2012
i can tell that these people that left reviews before where asked to by the author himself. there are tons of errors and its irritating!! it distracts me from the story line! please tell me that you just auto corrected your whole story with out reading it again. its then not than through most of the story and people stood on the curb not curve. please fix so its not so annoying to read and remember to end with " when someone is done talking! the story is good im half way through it hope to finish it without throwing my phone because of your repeated errors.....
on November 23, 2014
Wow! What an imagination Mr. Williams has. This book has so many twist and turns it keeps you constantly enthralled.
It seems the world has come to and end in some mad way. A small group of people who happen upon each other through terror on the streets of an unwordly kind. Creatures, undead, evil angels, darkling children and unknown mercenaries. This group of people have no clue what is going on all they know is their survival is all they can hope for as they fight through it all.
on January 3, 2015
The first circle is full of monsters and factions of angels both dark and light. Like raisins in a pudding are bewildered people wondering what is going on. And even when they find out, they remain confused.
on July 22, 2014
While there are a few grammatical errors, and then/than are often misused, the plot lines are tight and the characters are well written. If you are looking for something fresh and new, you will enjoy this greatly.
on November 16, 2014
If I can read the description and find punctuation and wording errors, there's little hope that the I'll enjoy the novel.

Since the writer didn't care enough to proof the "hook," what hope is there the actual novel is worthy of reading?
on February 27, 2014
I am in love with this book and can't wait for the next one to come out... i finished it in two days (i have to work) I love how the author jumps right into the good stuff and we don't have to wade through chapters of build up to get to the meat of it all.. three cheers!
on January 24, 2015
I've now read this book twice and each time, it brings on new things. The Author knows how to pull you in with his descriptions to detail, its as if you're right there, watching it unfold as if watching a movie. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys an unknown path of the characters, that leaves you guessing at every stage. I look forward to a second, to learn the fates of the characters and to see more of the amazing imagination of the Author. It is a book i will read over and over because, there is always something new that i missed from reading it previously. Kudos to the Author and his amazing writing!