Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 15, 2014
never knew any thing about compression shorts or the uses for them until just recently. i am a big guy at 6'2" and 277 lbs and at age 63 have been retired for two years. since retirement i put on close to 20 lbs and finally came to the realization i needed to drop some weight. jan 20th 2014 i started walking 1 1/2 miles twice a day on my treadmill on speed 3.2. after two weeks and logging 44 miles in sweat pants with my jc penney's boxers on it became uncomfortable to walk because of chaffing on my inner thighs. a quick search on the internet came to me looking into some compression shorts to relieve my discomfort. i ended up buying two pair of these nike shorts on sale for 1/2 price locally along with 3 pairs of starter compression shorts from walmart and a pair of underarmour compression shorts. 2xl in all three brands fit me even with my 46 inch waist and between the nike and starter brands the nike's seem to have more support and a little heavier material. the underarmours i have not tried out yet. i also have ordered 6 prs of underarmour boxer jock shorts because after wearing the compression shorts the fit and feel over my old jc penney boxers is out of this world. far superior with no chaffing and bunching of extra material in the crotch to make you hot and uncomfortable. these last two weeks i've walked an additinal 56 miles and shed some more weight and i know it would have been an even bigger struggle without wearing these nike compression shorts. my weight loss program will continue with many more miles and hopefully lost pounds and be easier to achieve with the help of these compression shorts..................UPDATE!......... after having worn and used three different compression shorts the nike 6" pro combat, under armour sonic compression, and the starter brand compression sold at wal mart all three seem to keep me from chaffing in the thighs while walking on the tread mill. the nike have the most compression and fit the tightest, the underarmour sonic 6" less confining, and the starter brand with the least support and compression. of the three the nike and under armour are noticeably better quality and feel better . if between the nike and the underarmour if you want the tighter fit and support go with the pro combat. i submitted my update comments after several weeks walking and over 250 miles on the treadmill.
0Comment31 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2015
They fit well and do what they're supposed to but after one wash they're coming apart.
review image
on January 12, 2014
I ordered a pair of these to test drive them before ordering several more so I would have a week of workout clothing.

The first pair was the black & grey color. They fit great. The best fitting compression sorts I have found so far. I would wash them every day and wore them for about three weeks to test them out. In the end, I was very happy and ordered three more pairs. The only difference was the color. The second batch was black & blue.

The quality of the second batch is terrible. The stitching that holds the elastic to the short has broken loose in several places along the waist band of two of the three pairs from the second batch I ordered. So of the 4 pair I own, two are falling apart after about 6 weeks or use. Given a few missed workouts over the holidays, that means they are falling apart after 4 wears.

I cannot explain why half of the shorts I own are in great shape and work well while the other half are already falling apart. I am very disappointed in the quality of these and am going to contact Nike to see if they will replace them (slim chance, but who knows).

I will try to post some pictures so you can see the comparison of the shorts that are falling apart versus the others.

Long story short, they fit great. I love the pairs that are not falling apart. But with 50% of the ones I bought reduced to garbage, I am not happy.
on November 17, 2013
I bought these after taking spin class with my wife and now I cannot imagine wearing any other underwear, EVER! They are as great fit, aren't too tight, keep moisture away and are, in my case, I have never chaffed once while wearing them. They are in my opinion the best underwear money can buy.
on August 21, 2014
Definitely thinner material and cheaper construction than the older design (also smaller cut). I've only had these for a few months and already the seams have ripped at the waist on both pairs from normal use.
on November 2, 2013
Fit is a little tight in the man region, as mentioned by a few. Like others, the color I received was not what I ordered. Doesn't really bother me, but I would rather get what I ordered instead of playing color roulette.
11 comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2014
Ive bought compression shorts from underarmour before and i suggest you get them there too. These are cheap and thin. Ingot mine and tried them on and was really surprised when i saw the part of the waist band that connects to the shorts was already ripped on some parts.
on December 22, 2014
Unfortunately they ran way smaller than expected. I've been wearing these for years (and purchasing the same size), and this is the first time they didn't feel true to size.
on September 30, 2014
Did not fit well. Smaller than store bought items. It fell apart after one use
on August 5, 2014
These are basically one step above boxers. I use Nike compression shorts to run in and tried these out yesterday on a 4 mile run. It was painful - way too tight in the crotch region and as far as the "wicking effect," it was non-existent. These are not the same shorts Nike used to sale. Somehow they have made them much thinner and a bit tighter - the quality of this product has gone way down. I wouldn't buy these if I were you.