4.0 out of 5 stars Don't despair - Troubleshooting tips!
I was apprehensive about buying the SportBand after reading all the negative reviews, but in the end I went for it, figuring that the potential benefits of having a really useful and relatively inexpensive instrument outweighed the inconvenience of returning it should it prove to be a lemon or a dud. I've only had this for a day so I can't speak about its durability or...
Published on July 27, 2012 by *

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly executed product
Pros:
- comfortable wrist band
- small and lightweight
- USB connector idea is pretty neat

Cons:
- display is very hard to read: no backlight, digits are small, watch face is oriented 90 degrees from viewing angle
- mileage tracking is grossly inaccurate (up to 30% off), even after calibration; appears to make the absurd assumption that...
Published on January 13, 2012 by J. Marr

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I was very excited when I bought the sportband three months ago. Now, well, I'll put it in the garbage as it is too late to get my money back.
The band is fine when you are a beginner. It is easy to use and very intuitive. However, it is not enough for more experienced runners and totally useless if you run at night, since there is no backlight.
Also, the software that uploads the runs to the Nike+ website is also very poor. I cannot sync the runs and that was the dead end of this product to me. I don't know why, but Nike seems to hide its customer support numbers and emails. I tried to contact them via facebook, but have never got an answer back. But, if you don't bother with the Nike+ website, you should be fine with this.
Pros:
Easy to use, especially for beginners.

Cons:
The sync software doesn't work;
You need to spend extra money to buy a special nike+ polar heart monitor, if you wish to check your heart rate
No backlight makes it totally useless for night runners
Lack of customer support

Bottom line: Spend a little bit more money and buy a decent monitor. Nike is great for sports shoes and clothes. Monitors, watches and other electronic gears are not their specialty, so, don't expect much out this type of Nike products.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 8:50:52 AM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
Hi Gabriela - Thanks for posting your feedback. It sounds like you could use some assistance. We'd like to help in any way we can. Please reach out to us through one of the channels listed below, and we'll be sure to follow up. We look forward to hearing from you.

US: USA 1-800-379-6453, 5am-10pm PST., 7 days a week
UK: +44 (0) 207 660 4452, Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Central European Standard Time
You can also reach out to us on our social media channels:
Twitter: @nikeplus
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nikerunning/app_265092000187882

1.0 out of 5 stars GPS doesn't work, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I love the watch in itself, the color, feel and display, but the GPS unit only worked the first time I used it and now the watch doesn't even register it at all! I don't live in an extremely remote location, so I expect the GPS signal to be picked up just fine... Also I do not have Nike + shoes with the GPS unit place holder in my left shoe, so I have to carry that in my pocket or inside of my hat which is not convenient at all! I have tried "waking up" the GPS unit and that seemed to work once, but then it stopped tracking my run shortly thereafter :(

Posted on May 21, 2013 2:29:42 PM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
Let's get you back on track, Laura. Please contact us through one of the channels listed on nikeplus.com/support, so we can work to get you up and running again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nike+Sportband, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
i really like the product but now it won't let me upload my run to my computer?! it hasn't been that long since i purchase it? it's been what, a month or less?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good training tool and excellent customer support, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I have had my Nike + Sport Band for about 4 months now. Until today it worked excellent. I was no longer able to connect the device t my computer. (Did not detect USB device). I contacted Nike customer service. They helped me try to trouble shoot the problem over the phone but with no success. Since the product is still under warranty, Nike is shipping me a new sport band at no cost and I will be mailing them back the old one upon receipt.
I have enjoyed running with this sport band. The accuracy is only as good as your calibration. As long as your pace is consistent with the pace you calibrated it at. If you run faster than the pace you calibrated it will record a slightly shorter distance whereas if you run slower than your calibrated pace it will record a slightly longer distance that what you actually ran. It will get you in the ballpark though.
The biggest draw backs are the absence of a light to help with night runs and the fact that it is not water proof although it is water resistant.
Good Job Nike and thank you for the wonderful customer support I received over the phone this morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sportband is great, June 16, 2012
I love my Nike sportband. I find it very accurate and a great motivator to keep exercising consistently - by tracking mileage and pace it keeps one pushing harder and going a little bit further. The feedback keeps me from skipping days as you get addicted to the progress charts on the Nike+ website. This is a great tool

2.0 out of 5 stars Do some research first, October 23, 2011
nc43202 (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
My wife and I both own the Nike Plus sportbands and both have had trouble logging into the system. I've been unable to enter the website for three months now and Nike has not returned my email messages nor postings I've placed on their Facebook page. I'm currently using the sportband during my runs to track pace and distance but as I said, I can't get into the website so I can't view the workouts. I was finally able to log in yesterday, but was directed to a page that said the website was unavailable while they performed system upgrades. I've tried from other computers as well with no luck.

It's still a good tool for the price but it's frustrating to not be able to get into the website. If all you want is to use it while you run, then it works fine. One other negative I've found is that once your workout goes over 60 min, then the seconds are not visible so I wind up wearing the sportband plus another watch when I'm running a race.

Google "nike plus problems" if you want to see what others are saying.

UPDATE: March 17, 2012 I don't know when it was fixed, but I am now able to access the website and download my runs and view them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wildly inaccurate even after calibration, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
This is a very disappointing piece of technology. Nike's claims of 90% accuracy even without calibration are a prime example of false advertising. My device was overestimating my mile times by 2:00 minutes on the first run, and after the recommended calibration was underestimating my mile times by 5 minutes! I promise you, Nike- I cannot run a sub-4:00 minute mile.

The functionality of the device itself is severely limited by its accuracy and precision. Beyond that, I had two gripes: the band itself is not comfortable. The attachment of the band through the holes spent the greater part of my run trying to eat through my epidermis. Needless to say, it was not pleasant. Also, the USB connector is designed extremely poorly. Because of the connectivity, I had to lift my computer off the table anytime that I wanted to plug the USB in due to the overhang that would force the USB to disconnect.

All in all- save you money. This is a very poorly conceived, inaccurate, and superfluous piece of technology. I would recommend getting a GPS watch from Garmin if you are interested in keeping track of your runs with any precision.

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 2:00:11 PM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
We understand your frustration, apompaios. Being able to accurately track your workouts is an important part of the Nike+ experience. It sounds like you're experiencing some unexpected behavior with your Nike+ SportBand. Please reach out to us through one of the channels listed on nikeplus.com/support, so we can work to get your device up and running normally. If we're not able to get your SportBand calibrated, then we'll be able to discuss your return/exchange options.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibility Inaccurate GPS feature, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I have both Garmin and Timex GPS watch which I run with to measure time, distance, pace, etc. I purchased the Nike sportsband because it provides same features but the band looked significantly lighter which is helpful during long distance training. I ran the same route I used both Garmin and Timex GPS on and both measured around 6.5 miles and Nike Sportsband measured 3.1 miles! What a difference. I tried a different route since this route was up and down big hills and sportband might have trouble measuring altitude so the next day I ran mostly on flat surface which I measured using the Garmin, Timex and my car resulting in 10 miles. Nike sportsband only measured 4.6 miles! Way off!! I read the instructions on line and followed the instructions to calibrate the sportsband and when I followed the instruction to change the miles from 4.6 miles to 10 miles, it said, the miles were out of range and would not allow me to calibrate the sportsband. As a result I will return this incredibly inaccurate sportsband. Too bad since I was excited to use this product to improve my run and keep track of my records online.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:59:15 AM PDT
(MANUFACTURER)
It sounds like you could use some assistance with your Nike+ SportBand. Please get in touch with us through one of the options listed on nikeplus.com/support, so we can help get you back on track.

2.0 out of 5 stars good idea, bad accuarcy, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I bought this because it is so easy to use, however the accuracy is terrible. When you go to the wesite it has a place to input actual miles run but does not fix the watch. I have ran 3 half marathons and 2 12k's and the mileage recorded has been short every time. Really messes up your training when you are trying to run a specific number of miles. Looks good though, and I just wear it as a watch, not a training tool.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 11:32:56 AM PST
(MANUFACTURER)
Let's see if we can get you up and running, Denise. We recommend calibrating your Nike+ Sensor for optimal accuracy. You will want to make sure that your workout is calibration eligible meaning that it is at least 400m and completed at a steady pace. Check out the following link for step by step calibration instructions: http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/support/#answers/detail/a_id/23624/kw/calibration . If you continue to have the same experience please reach out to us through one of the avenues listed on nikeplus.com/support. We understand that being able to accurately track your workouts is an important part of the Nike+ experience and we want to help get you back on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Nike + SportBand (Sports)
I have a very small wrist for an adult female and this band fits great. The mileage was off a bit, but once I calibrated it it seems to be spot on up to about 5 miles. It is very user friendly and a great value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›