Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikita: Season 1
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on April 23, 2011
I felt kind of bad just seeing just one fan review for Nikita. I disagree with the other reviewer to the extent that I wouldn't describe the two female leads as strong, I'd describe them as absolutely LETHAL! My wife and I gave up watching some of the other CW fare, like Vampire Diaries. That's a series caught in an endless and boring loop. Maybe we're in the "Too-Long-In-The-Tooth" demographic to appreciate some of these programs, but Nikita is an exception. Having come of age during the Cold War, I like Nikita for the nice, old Spy vs. Spy/James Bondian feel, the 50s and 60s cloak 'n dagger stories, framed in new technology. It also has a bit of the 1940s noir feel, too. Both female characters are sympathetic and likable, as well as being fine athletes and potent martial artists. I was also pleased to see the "thing" between Nikita and Michael come to fruition. So many scripts drag out the love connection and sexual tension and never come to any conclusion. ABC's Castle looks like its going that direction with its principals. The writers seem to be developing the characters in Nikita, and that makes them fun to watch. They change, they grow. I only gave my review 4 stars because I didn't want to seem too gushy. It's a guy thing.
on April 7, 2011
Nikita (starring Maggie Q and Shane West) is one of the better shows to debut on the CW in recent years. It provides something a bit grittier and mature than what we're used to seeing on a network that mostly caters to the younger viewers (with a few exceptions of course, like Supernatural and Smallville) while still pleasing the female demographic with two strong female leads. It is a sexy, edgy remake of La Femme Nikita and I couldn't be more hooked. It feels like a mini action-packed movie every week I tune in with no signs of slowing down. It is well acted, smartly written, fast-paced and incredibly addicting. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and I really hope the fun continues on past this amazing first (and hopefully not last) season.
33 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2011
I think Nikita may be the most underrated show on TV right now. Back in September critics hailed it as one of the season's best new shows, and that is what caused me to give it a try. Since episode one I have been totally hooked! I can't believe that the CW has already renewed 90210 and the rapidly declining Gossip Girl, but not Nikita! I watch all three of these shows, but Nikita is by far my favorite, and the only one I would be particularly sad to see cancelled. It has everything you would want in a show - action, romance, mystery, a solid backstory, suspense, passion, and humor! It really is unlike any other show on TV right now. I hate to see it get lost in a sea of cop shows, forensics shows, reality shows, and primetime soap operas. So many shows today are procedural, where you can skip episodes and still know exactly what's going on when you return. Nikita is the first show in a while to keep me hanging on the edge of my seat week after week. So much happens in every episode; you wouldn't want to miss one! It kind of breaks my heart that the ratings are not where they need to be... And I worry that it will be hard for Nikita to pick up new viewers because it's the kind of show where you really want to start at the beginning of season one rather than tuning in late. On the plus side, full episodes are available on Hulu.com, so new viewers can catch up there before season two (hopefully!!) premieres in the fall. If you have never watched, I implore you to do so immediately!!

If you liked any of the following, definitely try Nikita: Veronica Mars, Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Dollhouse, Angel.
44 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2011
Nikita is an excellent television show. It is exciting, action-packed, and the plot moves at a rocket pace. The fight scenes are plentiful and very well executed, with Maggie Q doing her own stunts and portraying a very convincing strong female lead. The other actors also do a fine job, including a very enjoyable, deliciously dark and intimidating character played by Melinda Clarke. The show is never boring, with enough twists, intriguing characters, and action to maintain a high level of entertainment throughout the whole season. I highly recommend watching this brilliant series.
on May 18, 2011
For a perspective, I rate 24, Dexter, the Shield, and the Sopranos as 5 stars and Alias, White Collar, and Burn Notice as 4 to 4.5 stars. All of them are television-series entertainment of the highest caliber. The new version of Nikita, that I am reviewing here, is absolutely 5 stars. As good as the episodes are, when you get to the last few episodes of the first season, you then have revealed to you how so many things that you previously saw were woven together in incredible plots by multiple people or groups in their own directions or interests. The only problem with this action packed, fun, well acted series is that you should not watch it until you can buy the whole season. Otherwise, you will be left aching to want to see what happens next.
on July 30, 2015
I'm a Nikita nut (Thank you Luc Besson). I started with Point of No Return (ok) then saw Luc Besson's original French sub titled Nikita. Then I had to watch the Canadian one developed by Joel Surnow (24, Nowhere Man) with Peta Wilson. Then I found this and I love Maggie Q (Live Free or Die Hard, Divergent, Insurgent, MI3, etc.) and I love Melinda Clarke (Firefly, CSI -- so played a PRO in both) and there's Shane West (remake of Oceans 11 -- card playing actor) and Xander Berkeley (last booth). Once again a great cast. Xander is just as spooky, loveable and hatable as Glazer was in La Femme Nikita. Clarke was just as vicious as Watson in the Peta Wilson show. This was developed by Craig Silverstein (Standoff, TURN, Terra Nova, Bones) with McG backing. The pilot is a knockout (especially Maggie in the Jacuzzi sequence). It's a more formatted show than the Peta Wilson TV offering but for spy and Nikita fans you can't go wrong. Alberta Watson was brought in by the second season as an oversight type person (she was in the Peta Wilson show as well). This takes place AFTER Nikita gets out. As opposed to the Peta Wilson version where she's in all the time.
on November 27, 2013
This is perhaps the greatest spy-vs-spy storytelling ever to hit the small screen. Action, drama, romance, comedy, and fast-paced plotlines are all part of the package here. It's held together by a deadly beautiful assassin called Nikita who's trying to climb out of a sinful past of soul-damning acts by turning on the secret government agency that created her.

Sinister conflict and great fight scenes are part of most episodes, but it is the strong characters and superb storytelling that made the first season such a success. Maggie Q plays Nikita with great heart and charisma, but she is well-backed by the other female lead Lyndsy Fonseca who plays her younger partner-in-espionage Alex. The cast is rounded out by other solid actors, with each having well-developed characters that we get to know over time.

With heroines and heroes to cheer for and villains to hate, this show is a lot of fun to watch. There are some nice twists and turns along the way, and the pacing is fairly fast throughout. By the time we reach the season finale, it gets to be a bit of a dizzying ride but is well worth the journey.
on August 31, 2015
Great series, Nikita has it all. Though Maggie Q had been in earlier flicks, I fell in love with her in MI3 and Live Free or Die Hard. When this series was first announced I couldn't wait for it to air. Maggie Q is, IMO, fabulous in her role as a trained assassin gone rogue, and on a mission. The other main and supporting actors also do extremely well in creating characters you will either love or hate, or, in some cases, can't make up your mind because you really aren't quite sure whose side they are really on. One of the great features about the series is that most of the episodes are self contained, though all of them build upon each other, including the use of flashbacks, to further develop characters and plots and sub-plots (of which there are several). There is plenty of action to satisfy virtually anyone. Definitely recommended to those who are fans of Maggie Q, action/adventure, espionage and intrigue.
on January 3, 2012
I've been watching season 1 on netflix, it's great. Lots of energy, like a spy/action movie in each episode. The lead, Maggie Q is believable and serious, and she's interesting to watch. The rest of the cast is excellent as well, delivering solid performances.

Nikita is much better than many other action type shows, this one's a winner. Having almost finished season 1 as I write this, I'll be re-watching these in years ahead as well. If you like beautiful women, 'black box' government agency assassin type shows with machine guns and solid story lines, like I do, this one's definitely recommended. Thanks to all for writing/producing it.
on May 12, 2011
I one hundred percent agree that everyone in the entire world should be watching Nikita! I started watching Vampire Diaries last summer and got completly hooked and so watching Diaries exposed me to this new show called Nikita. I missed the pilot the first time it aired, but then it came on again and I decided to watch and fell in love. Every time I think about how close I got to missing out, it makes me upset. Thursday nights are my new CW nights! This show is so amazing, let me put it into a perspective everyone can in someway understand. My Thursday Nights used to be devoted to Bones and the Office. I now watch them both the next day because Nikita and Diaries are so GOOD!! I pray that there is a season two next fall and I hope everyone will start watching this highly underrated, but overly awesome show!!! Lyndsy Fonseca, Maggie Q, and of course Shane West have a real gem on there hands! (I love Mikita!) There is something for everyone and my whole family watches, and so should you!!!!!