Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 questions
vote
It's an AFS lens so should work fine
Sep 11, 2014 by Chupacabra
votes
it sure is. you will not be disappointed. you really need to do alot of shooting to make it worth while. casual shooters should use the 1.8 and call it good unless ;your rich
Jan 13, 2015 by jim sterner
votes
Honestly, there are some available on ebay with buyer protection (but I understand why you would want to get it from the above places instead). The 70-200mm is a great lens, but if you have your heart set on this particular lens you should wait to get this one :) I just ordered one from ebay but I did my research on the seller first.
Nov 27, 2010 by Raymoose
votes
From dpreview optically there is no big difference between the two except the gold ring is 1 stop better. in construction there is a huge difference the 1.4 is weather proof and magnizium body the 1.8 is plastic.
Aug 7, 2014 by Hatem
votes
Jack... YES. I say this NOT from experience of a comparison but based on the fact that I'm been a Nikon shooter since the mid 60's and this is THE BEST LENS I have ever shot with. Buy it. Spend the money. Use it. Your images will be the payoff and ROI after your first, "OMG shot." I forgot what the dumb thing cost because I use it and love it. I'm pretty sure it was stupid expensive. Oh well. Life is short. Treat yourself to this lens. Let me know how it goes after the fact. Regards... Marc
Feb 5, 2014 by Marc B. Blake
votes
That would depend on what camera it was mounted to, if not a full frame sensor the lens would be more like 120 mm. Any vball venue I have shot really doesn't allow enough room for the length lens. It is how ever a great lens fast and tack sharp.
May 8, 2015 by marpater
votes
It's not a good lens for portraits, it's a great lens for portraits! Just remember its a lens meant for a full frame camera so on an aps sensor it would be a 120 mm lens, which would require and large studio or outdoor shoots.
Apr 8, 2015 by marpater
votes
It would be perfect for both the camera and the subjects you mentioned photographing.
Sep 5, 2013 by David L. Updegraff
votes
Hi! Yes, this lens is amazing! Are you using an FX camera?
Nov 6, 2013 by Joe A
votes
This lens is useful in many low light situations. it is like the 50mm 1.4G (only bigger, longer, heavier, sharper and a lot more expensive). Compared to the 50mm 1.4G, it also and requires more light due to the longer focal length. Is it suitable for museum or church or any indoor shoot? Yes. Is it worth the price? That depends. IMHO, 50mm can perform that just as well, except it does not that reach.
Sep 16, 2013 by Anthony V. Loh
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers