Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 18, 2014
with several trips to the Nikon service center, this unit has never performed correctly. Nikon is a great brand, however this specific unit fails in every way.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2010
After the D50, Nikon started senselessly crippling the hell out of their budget models. They dropped support for AF lenses, meaning now you can only choose between really expensive AF-S lenses, or manual focusing everything with AF lenses. I have 5 lenses, and only two of them auto focus on this crippled piece of garbage, and those two are the same 18 to 55mm kit lenses, one with VR. Oh joy. But I wouldn't need VR with my 50mm AF 1.8D, but nikon doesn't support that here, other than via manual focus. Sure, you can set up the range finder to help you, but by the time you're done trying to focus, your photo op just walked away and all your pictures turned out blurry.

And to change any settings on this camera is infuriating, as again, after the D50, all the buttons have no dual functionality, requiring most of your time spent fiddling with the damned menus. The D60 is a really heavy point-and-shoot camera with virtually no buttons. Look at the back of it to see how blank it looks. Not ONE button on the back of this thing will change even ONE setting. Every one of those buttons is used to tinker with the convoluted menus or thumb through pictures. If I wanted a monstrous and really expensive 2.5-inch digital picture frame, I'd get one. I got this to TAKE pictures, not look at them.

Nikon has leveled the playing field. Without support for lenses or buttons, you really have to go with Canon here.

If you already have AF lenses, you have to go with anything above the D40, 40X, D60, D3000, D3100, and D5000, because none of those support AF.

This camera is for point-and-shoot morons who want to feel special about themselves. And let me tell you, it works great for that. People came up to me all the time with this thing around my neck. But the truth is, it's stupid. I've wasted more money trying to up- or downgrade when I should have bought something better.
77 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2008
bought this camera when it came out big mistake.. it was not a big improvement over the d40 same settings... i have problems with noise in pictures. if you are just starting out I would recommend other cheaper cameras would do the same if not even better.