Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon Coolpix Floating Strap
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 16, 2013
This strap was advertised on Amazon.com as intended for either the Nikon Coolpix AW100 or AW110. However, the package that the strap comes in states that the strap will float a camera up to 178 grams. The AW110 weighs 195 grams.
on August 1, 2013
Took this strap to Maui and it worked out great. We used it in the ocean and pool. It fits securely and puts the camera is perfect shooting position. It is easy to connect to the camera and the quick disconnect made it easy to remove.
on August 10, 2013
I attached this strap to a Nikon AW100 underwater camera. I actually prefer this strap to the "out of the box" strap my camera comes with that doesn't float, even while I'm out of the water. I first tested throwing my camera into a pool at the hotel and the camera itself dangles like it wants to sink, but this Nikon strap keeps it afloat - only the tippy top of the strap bobbles in the water. Next day we went sailing in the Adriatic Sea and of course I yell "pass me my camera" to someone on deck and someone with poor throwing skills flung my camera into the water far from where I was swimming. I looked and prayed - yes the floating strap did its job (even in sea water) and it was floating around in the water waiting for me to swim to it. Also, I let my friend take pictures in a pool party full of about 5000 people and she didn't realize there was a button at the bottom of the strap to make it more secure on her wrist. It slipped off her wrist but she found it floating along not too far from her.

It's a great strap it survived 9 days of sailing, swimming, and some pool water in Croatia! Because my camera is so rugged, I have been treating my camera like crap so the strap has been through a lot! I have had no problems. Do note it takes awhile to dry but it's cloth/foam material which feels nice on the wrist. It is a bit bulky when carrying around out of the water or in your bag..again, totally worth it if you have an underwater camera. No regrets buying this. It is totally worth it if you don't want your camera or device at the bottom of the ocean, pool, or lake.
on December 10, 2013
These are the ONLY straps that we will use for our Nikon AW110 cameras. After ordering different "floating straps" and finding them too large, too lightweight, or just too poor of quality and returning them all, this strap was just what we needed. It's made for the Nikon cameras, it fits snugly (on both smaller and larger sized wrists) and it felt secure. It was just what we needed for snorkeling in Hawaii with our newly purchased cameras. We did not test the float-ability of the straps, but we felt secure enough with them that we weren't concerned about them coming loose and having to rely upon the float function. All in all, these are the only ones we will use now and in the future!
on August 25, 2013
When we bought the Nikon AW110 underwater camera, it didn't come with a floating strap like my previous underwater camera did. This makes up for the missing strap. It holds the camera well, floating with no problem.
on March 8, 2014
Purchased this for a trip to Kauai Hawaii in October 2013 for my waterproof Nikon digital camera. Expensive but seems to be well made. Used it all week in and out of the Pacific ocean & swimming pools. Strap is comfortable & easy to quick disconnect from camera if need be. Because it was so comfortable I usually just left it on. That way when leaning over railings at overlooks into canyons etc. I felt secure I wouldn't lose my camera. Used it again in San Francisco California in and around water with no problems. In December 2013 took a week trip to Panama City Beach Florida with same results. Item drys overnight if hung where air can circulate around it. Cleans up nice after use & is comforatable to wear. Floated keeping my Nikon AW110 afloat with no problem. (Tested this in the pool before hitting the ocean). Overall I think the Nikon Coolpix Floating Strap Replacement is well made & works as stated. I would recommend this item.
on June 19, 2014
I used this with an older Coolpix camera at both a beach and a water park.. and I'm glad I had it! It easily kept the camera afloat in both the pool and at the beach.. would highly recommend! It could save your camera from sinking into oblivion!
on August 28, 2013
This Nikon Floating Strap is sleek and a really good fit for my under water camera. I have a fuji finepix and wanted to avoid a big bulky orange floating strap and this one is great. It has a textured under part against your skin that adds security and is very soft and the snap on the cuff area adds to its secure design. Great design and very well made.
on June 13, 2013
It works, enough said. I've taken it in the pool, and the ocean with success every time. My camera keeps a floating along.
on June 13, 2016
I used this while river diving and it kept my Nikon Coolpix AW130 from disappearing when I accidentally let go of it (the strap just floated the camera to the surface). It also makes for a very comfortable wrist strap when using the camera on land.