Designed exclusively for Nikon DX-format SLR cameras, this 18-55mm lens approximates the picture angle performance of a 27-82.5mm lens in the 35mm format, ensuring superb versatility in a wide variety of shooting situations. The lens offers such features as a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) with a compact rod-type design that provides fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing; an ED glass element that minimizes chromatic aberration and produces a superior optical performance; a hybrid aspherical element that delivers high resolution and contrast; and a seven-blade rounded diaphragm that produces more natural out-of-focus highlights. The focus mode switch, meanwhile, makes it a breeze to switch quickly between autofocus (A) and manual (M) focus. Finally, the lens's Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare to provide an even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions. All Nikon lenses carry a five-year warranty.
- Focal length: 18-55mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/22-38
- Lens construction: 7 elements in 5 groups, with one ED glass element
- Picture angle: 76 to 28 degrees (at 50 feet)
- Minimum focus: 0.9 feet throughout entire zoom range
- Filter attachment size: 52mm
- Included accessories: LC-52 snap-on front and rear lens cap
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches in diameter and 2.9 inches long
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
Designed exclusively for Nikon DX format SLRs, this lens approximates the picture angle performance of a 27-82.5mm lens on the 35mm format.