5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly
This is a Neutral Clear lens designed for keeping your lens intact.

Most people should know that DSLR lens have a protective coating which wears away slightly every time you clean the lens. As such, most people usually buy a UV filter to cover the lens.

Published on January 31, 2011 by Toshi Yamioka

3.0 out of 5 stars Green lens flare artifacts from light sources
I bought this instead of the much less expensive Tiffen filter because of the great review of this product and the poor reviews of the Tiffen filter complaining of green artifacts from light sources.

Published on July 12, 2012 by Paul E

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
This is a Neutral Clear lens designed for keeping your lens intact.

This lens is as clear as invisible. I place it on a sheet of white paper and see no discolorations at all. If there wasn't a black ring and simply the glass, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice it.

I recommend this for everyone who's looking to protect their lens. Lens are more expensive than camera bodies most of the time, so preserving them would be in the best interest of anyone who is interested in doing photography with DSLR cameras.

I've purchased this in 52mm and 67mm, and both are very much crystal clear, multi-coated. If you don't want a UV filter, you can get this one instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 25, 2007
Fits my Nikon D40 Nikor lens perfect
no noticeable change in picture quality or lighting
a must have for any lense
should've gotten this when i first bought my camera

3.0 out of 5 stars Green lens flare artifacts from light sources, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)

I am pleased with the quality of the filter. It even comes with a nice hard plastic protective case for storage when not in use. I became disappointed when I began taking some test shots with the new filter on. I could immediately see green lens flare artifacts in about 50% of the photos I was taking that included a bright point light source.

If the picture includes a lighting fixture, lamp pole, car headlight, etc, in my experience there is about a 50% chance of the picture being compromised with annoying green artifacts. I am disappointed because I intentionally paid more for this filter with the expectation it would be free from this effect. I'll probably return the filter and shoot with the lens naked and just be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!!!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
Perfect protection for your lenses - arrived promptly, best price I found for these - fits 18-55 and 55-200 Nikon lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Filter, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
I like the fact that it's made by Nikon. Other than that, it's a clear filter... it fits perfectly on my 35mm f/1.8 AF-S lens... I haven't noticed any degradation in my shots since screwing it in. I don't plan on ever taking it off not even to put a Polarizing filter on it since it has threads on the outside to stack more filters onto it.

It comes in a very nice case that I'll never use again.

Overall, I can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon 52mm Clear Filter, February 7, 2010
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
If you are going to spend alot of money on a nice camera you NEED a filter for your lens. About 20 years ago I dropped my Canon AE-1, and the $12.00 skylight filter was smashed, but the camera lens made it through just fine. A cheap insurance policy to say the least, and you can't even tell there is a filter on in the first place! Great product and fast shipping to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 23, 2010
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
I was going to get some keep filters, but I wanted quality glass and so I had to spend some money on just a clear filter, but it's all worth it! No scratches when I got it, but when I did open it up, there was a finger print on the glass. Kind of upset, but just little bit of work,came right off and nice and clean now.

it is VERY clear and I do seem to notice some difference in my photos, since I had a UV filter that wasn't the best and my lens cap kept on falling off. My lens cap doesn't fall of from this filter!

Great filter, I feel like pro using it!

I'm actually going to be buying another one for my other lens that I got as well. Photography is a expensive hobby!

4.0 out of 5 stars NC Filter for my lens, September 19, 2013
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
I wanted a filter that would protect my lens, but what I hadn't expected was that you must be careful that the threads in the filter are correctly aligned with the lens when you screw on the filter.

I was shooting at Pike Place Market in Seattle on a crowded Wednesday afternoon when three cruise ships were in port. The place was packed with tourists, and several times I had to cover my camera with my hand just so it wouldn't get whacked by someone trying to rush past me. Unfortunately, someone's elbow came up and hit my lens. The filter popped off and went zooming onto the ground amidst many people trying to finesse their way through the crowd. When I bent down to pick up the filter, surprisingly, it wasn't broken.

I cleaned off the filter and when space allowed, I found a quiet nook in the market where I could reattach the filter to my lens. Long story, but the message is to make sure the filter is correctly attached before you venture out. The threads on the filter are very fine, and it's easy to "think" that it's attached securely, even when it isn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't settle for generic brands, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
Nikon says these neutral color filters (NC) are intended for everyday use to protect your lens glass. Other filters could do this for a little less money perhaps, but the anti-glare coating on the Nikon filters is amazing. When you first open the package, it looks like they forgot to put the glass in the aluminum rings. You really have to look at them from an oblique angle to get any reflection whatsoever from the glass. These filters are top quality. They will protect your lens glass and reduce reflection and glare considerably.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is...., July 20, 2010
This review is from: Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter (Electronics)
I am very happy with this filter. It is simple but well made. It is Nikon's protective (NC or Neutral Color) filter . It's not polarized nor will it do anything much other than protect lens from dust/damage. If you spent a bunch on a nice lens you should spend the extra money to protect it.

Nikon 52mm Screw-on NC Filter