From the Manufacturer
The Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens is an ultra compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens with a 3.6x and 55- to 200-millimeter focal range that offers a remarkable cost-to-performance ratio. Optimized for use with Nikon digital SLRs, this lens is ideally suited for the Nikon D50 digital SLR camera.
This affordable and powerful zoom offers the performance equivalent to an 82.5- to 300-millimeter lens in 35mm format and is suitable for everything from candid portraits to sports, nature, and wildlife photography. Featuring a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) that offers smooth and quite auto focus performance, this lens comes in black and measures a compact 2.7 inches in diameter by 3.1 inches in length and weighs approximately nine ounces.
For optics, the lens employs two ED glass elements that achieve a high resolution and contrast while minimizing chromatic aberration and other forms of distortion. By using this lens along with the Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G ED lens (sold separately), photographers can achieve a focal length range from 18-millimeter wide-angle to 200-millimeter telephoto, providing a picture angle equivalent to a 27- to 300-millimeter lens in 35mm format. This range allows you to cover an extremely wide variety of subjects and shooting situations.
Note: This lens is not compatible with 35mm or IX240 format film cameras.
What's in the Box
Lens, snap-on front lens cap (LC-52), rear cap (LF-1), hood (HB-34), and semi-soft case (CL-0815).
- Versatile and ultra-compact with a powerful focal length range of 55-200mm designed exclusively for Nikon DX format SLRs, this is an ideal 3.6X zoom lens for portraiture, sports or wildlife
- An excellent companion to the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
- New compact rod-type Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions
- Two ED glass elements achieve minimized chromatic aberration and superior optical performance
- Focus Mode switch enables quick-switching between A (Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus)
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm for more natural out-of-focus highlights