4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, but too small for "me"
This is a really nice bag, but it's way too small for me. If you have a point-and-shoot or DSLR with a couple of small lenses it's probably perfect. But if you have even one long lens there's no way to partition this bag to get them both to fit.

Published on July 17, 2006 by Sheldon

3.0 out of 5 stars RAL
Published on January 7, 2007 by R. Lopez

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, but too small for "me", July 17, 2006
Sheldon (Aspen, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 5874 Deluxe Digital SLR Camera Case - Gadget Bag for DSLR D3, D3x, D3s, D7000, D5000, D3100, D3000, D700, D300s, D90, D60, D40x, D40 (Electronics)

I gave the bag 4 stars based on build quality and the fact that it is a really nice bag for the price. It has lots of pockets and places to stash memory cards, film, filters, and all kinds of stuff. A bit more padding on the strap would have given it 5 stars easy. This would also make a nice bag for a camcorder or even your lunch.

Anyway, I gave the bag to my neighbor. We both have Nikon D70's, but his telephoto is physically much shorter than mine, so it should be perfect for him.

Currently I'm using a Lowepro backpack case which holds everything I have, including a tripod and Nikon flash. I was looking for something that I could just throw a few lenses in and run out the door, but this ain't it -- at least for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather boxy, but sturdy., August 20, 2006
J. Lemke (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I thought the bag would be more of a backback style, but it was very much the traditional rectangular box with handle & shoulder strap.

Nevertheless, it's quite functional: sturdy, well-padded, with Velcro dividers to allow for flexibility.

Enough room for the D50 w/lens, longer lens, flash, charger. Plenty of pockets for filters, spare batteries, manuals, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and roomy, March 4, 2007
Leo (California) - See all my reviews
I bought this one for my D50 and I couldn't be more happier. I am able to fit camera with attached lense, two additional zoom lenses, SB600 flash, two chargers (one for camera battery and another for flash batteries), half of dozen of special filters, and some other small staff. It has a lot of paddings that are velcro attached and can fit any configuration. It is also has one large pocket in the front and another small one on the cover. It provides an excellent protection for my camera and conviniece to carry my staff on small package. I am very pleased with quality of materials. This is defintly a bag to own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth $100., February 2, 2007
this is a basic, black camera bag with the nikon logo emblazoned on the front. when the bag arrived, it looked smaller than the picture at first. but while the bag is compact, it also has a nice vertical height, so a 70-300 slid right in.

here's what i was able to fit:

-dslr w/ w/a lens

-small notebook

-pens

-a cel phone

-sunglasses

so basically, everything you need for a day of shooting can fit. if you have a really long zoom, you'll need a bigger bag. and you might have to leave lens pouches, lens hoods, and the case for the flash at home. the ergonomics of this bag are fine, not super hi-tech, but the sections are well-spaced out for organizing. apart from the nikon logo--which can easily be covered with electrical tape--the bag is nondescript. it does have the classic camera bag shape, although it's big enough to maybe pass as a messenger bag. the ballistic nylon is soft but rugged.

but it's not really a $100 bag, which is what amazon claims the msrp is. for $30, sure, it's a relatively painless Nikon Aquisition Syndrome purchase. the biggest flaw is that it doesn't have a reinforced shoulder grip-pad (Timbuk 2 makes one), nor a removeable strap. but it does have reinforced webbing in critical areas, and two side Q/R buckles that will help stabilize the load when fully packed. only time will tell, but it looks durable enough to hold up to some serious abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars small but nice, March 30, 2007
Small but nice bag. I can put my Nikon D80 with kit lens attached, and take two additional lens 80-200mm (yes the big one) and 60mm together with Nikon flash, charger, reserve battery and some other things. If you want to put camera with big lens (80-200) attached, you need to rearrange bag and you will spend out almost all space. Anyway bag looks professional and I like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars RAL, January 7, 2007
R. Lopez "RAL" (Glendale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bag for my D80 with 18-135 lens. I think the quality is good, but the size was a bit bigger than I really wanted. I was looking for a bag to basically hold the D80 and some memory cards. This bag is about twice the size that I needed. But I guess it was my fault for not really checking the size, since the description did mention it. The thing that I don't like about the bag are the 4 quick release buckles (QRB) which hold the top on. Personally, I think it should have had a zip top and possibly one quick release buckle in the center. It just isn't quick enough to have to buckle/unbuckle 4 QRB's everytime you have to get into the bag. It kind of drives me crazy. But if you can get over that, the bag is descent and the price is great. Also, if you have several lenses it has the space to hold them. I'm still looking for a bag small enough to just cover the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plus a beer, June 18, 2008
I was a little worried about the size after reading some of the reviews but decided to take a chance because of the brand and price(great brand/good price) and I'm glad I did. There is ample room for my camera and a couple of lenses,plus misc equipment. There is even an extra slot for me to carry a beer undetected when I have to go to teetotaling Aunt Matilda's.
I probably wouldn't recommend this bag if you have a lot of gear, or if you don't drink, but for the average person it's great.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a "Small" Camera Bag., April 30, 2007
I don't know what some of these reviewers are talking about when they say that this camera bag has "plenty of space". It would "most assuredly" be classified as a "small camera bag". If you've only got 1 camera, one extra lens, an external flash and the normal amount of "support" items for this gear, then it will work, but still small. But it is priced right for its size.

My biggest complaint is that there is no "quick" zipper under the flap to quickly secure the lid. Instead you have to buckle "4" buckles down to secure the lid. And the shoulder strap has "NO" padding. I removed it and put another one on that had padding. I was lucky that I had an extra "black" strap with padding laying around.

I guess it's fine for the price, but definitely smaller than I had imagined.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 11, 2007
The only camera bag you will ever need! simply awesome,i have a d50 18 - 70 lens and a 70 - 300 as well as extra battery and a sb-800 and it all fits surprizingly well in this case. a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Basic Bag, December 7, 2007
This bag is plenty big for me; I have a D-200 with an 18-200 lens attached most of the time and it fits vertically into the bag just fine. There is also room for another couple of lenses, flash, batteries and other accessories. I wouldn't want to carry around any more.

The only problem I have with this bag is the shoulder strap that I wish was wider, or had a padded piece over the shoulder. If you fill this bag, it can get to be a pretty heavy load.

All in all though, it's a well-constructed, functional bag at a reasonable price.