Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 63 questions
vote
James, it's a big lens and on the heavier side. That said its awesome IQ is excellent for all around lens. Used by weddings guys as well. For hicking I would pack it in a Tarmac or loweprro backup style vertical bag as the lens/body combo will remind you that you are carying a hefty piece of gear. Do not strap it accross your shoulder attached to the body, as it will constantly weight and move when you hike. I find that on hikes and outdoor sports when I am constantly moving the 70-300 F5.6 is more practical.... But you would compromise on overall lens quality and 3 F stops speed. Hope this helps.
Mar 29, 2014 by Serge Azadian
votes
You need a reasonably good tripod to support it. I have a Really Right Stuff replacement foot, RRS ballhead, and a Gitzo tripod. That's overkill, probably, but it does all work well. Anyway, do a google search for 'bythom tripod 101' for a nice, introductory writeup about getting tripod/support equipment.
Apr 4, 2014 by D. Clemmer
votes
Yes. The D80 is compatible.
Aug 6, 2013 by Ian T.
votes
This lens is for full frame camera, D5000 is DX camera, you may want to look at AF Nikkor 55-200mm 1.4-5.6G ED as equivalent. For closeup portrait, you can try Nikkor 60mm F/2.8G ED AF-S.
Jun 9, 2015 by Jia
votes
These reviews and questions are for all versions of this lens and the same info is visible under all different sellers of this lens. Amazon likes to mix all reviews together. So basically, we can't answer that question here because it depends on who you buy it from. Only buy from authorized Nikon sellers and you should have US warranty.
Mar 30, 2014 by Matt
votes
Zip case carrying bag, lens hood, tripod mounting foot. You shouldn't need anything else. Works on all of Nikon's DSLR cameras (as it's AF-S), and a few of Nikon's film cameras I believe.
Jun 18, 2013 by Ian T.
votes
If it is gray, forget about it. If it is USA, up to 5 years from Nikon USA with proof of purchase from an authorized Nikon US dealer.
Mar 17, 2015 by L. Angier
votes
This is an outstanding, fast lens used by photojournalists, sports photographers, and enthusiasts the world over. It is one of three zooms carried by nearly every Nikon-shooting professional. it would depend on several factors: your camera body, is it APS or Full Frame, what is it's resolution (if you want to crop), and how well does it control digital noise at high ISO. Also, the actual distance you are from your subject. This lens should meet most of your expectations. If it doesn't, you might need a much more expensive, longer lens, say a 300mm.
Mar 7, 2015 by Keith Sparbanie
votes
Yes! One of the best.
23 days ago by Jake Cohen
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers