Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Size: One Size|Change

on August 3, 2011
I got the Nikon lens pen for my camera lenses, based on the positive reviews. The overall design is compact, and I like the retractable brush. However, the pen itself is not very effective at cleaning glass. The tip is shaped like a suction pad. Rubbing it repeatedly over smudges or residue does gradually start to remove them, but it's much slower and less effective than a microfiber cloth. In some cases the lens pen also leaves behind a light streaking, which is again easily removed by a microfiber cloth.

I think I'll keep the lens pen for its retractable brush, but in retrospect it would have been better to get a standalone brush.
VINE VOICEon April 26, 2011
I have used lens cleaners for years and this one is the best yet. There is a cleaning felt at one end and a brush at the other end. The brush slides in and out of the tube thus keeping the brush intact. This is a quality product and anyone that needs a lens/camera cleaning brush should consider this one. It is light and compact and the price was certainly right.
on July 3, 2009
I got these to have in my pocket for when I walk around at car shows or dusty areas that I can just take out the pen and open the brush and brush my lens off.

The other end has the cleaner/smudge removal pad and that works really well but I don't use it as much because I rarely touch the lens..

But it works great!

Another great product from Nikon.
on January 30, 2010
I purchased one of these lens pens for myself six months ago. It's compact and fits in a pocket, easy to use and does a good job of cleaning the lens without any scratches. When my daughter told me that she had gotten a new Nikon camera I immediately ordered one for her. I sent it to her and she told me how pleased she has been with the great job it does.
on July 19, 2007
This cleaning brush/pen fits in your pocket (has clip) and works as expected. The brush is retractable, and there is a small circular cleaning pad under a cap at the oposite end. My only complaint is that there should have been a cap on the brush end as well. Though the brush is retractable, the open end is upward in your pocket letting dust settle in.
on February 25, 2008
If you purchase this pen cleaner, not only does it do a wonderful job of cleaning lens but it also does a great job on cleaning any glass object with a finger print. A good example is scanning all those film prints. Dust the scanner, dust the picture and then there is much less dust that needs to be Photoshoped out. Great product owned by a Canon user.
on August 28, 2007
I previously bought one from Sony store at a cost of $60.00 for one.
I lost my camera on a cruise and have replaced everything except this lens cleaner and happen to go on line looking for it and there it was.
Very pleased and also bought two for my sons.
Thanks so much for having this product and also at a reasonable price.
karwie
on February 25, 2011
I received the lens pen as a gift...a very thoughtful gift. It is very portable...easy to both carry and store which leads me to actually use it! The brush end is sufficiently dense and very soft enabling me to safely remove dust or debris from my lenses without fear of causing damage. I highly recommend this tool for everyone.
on March 13, 2008
Bought it for my Nikon D80. It works very nicely! On one end is a retractable brush to lift dust off your lens; on the other is the actual pen tip that smudges away fingerprints and dirt with a cleaning solution that comes out. It is a very neat solution that eliminates the need for those old bottles of lens cleaning solution.
on March 1, 2008
theres a brush to get rid of lint and a foam sponge with cleaning liquid that comes out, although it looks black when it came out. I'm going to be using it with a telescope and its same for multi-coated lenses. It won't be able to clean any eyepieces smaller that about a cm wide very well since the sponge is bigger than that.