5.0 out of 5 stars A Comparative Analysis of Leading Binoculars
After years of suffering with dark, weak, wobbly binoculars (thank you, Magnacraft), I found myself needing two types: the best quality I could find (1) at any weight but under $250 for use within a drive of home (home binocs), and (2) under 10 oz, easy to travel with in tour groups, simple for impatient family members, and ideal for night concerts and day baseball games...
Published on September 15, 2012 by Sam Vimes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not excellent
Its a good bino. I needed a 10 power and compare to some of the other binos its not too bad. I have had good experience with Nikon in the past and thats why I went back to it. Amazons price was much better than what I could buy this for locally. The Strap is not all that great, the lens covers are kinda cheap and not very well designed and functional. It feels good in...
Published on September 13, 2012 by Razr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens cap design may detract from otherwise quality binoculars, October 18, 2012
SB "sbutk" (Bloomingdale, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 7540 Monarch 3 - 8x42 Binocular (Black) (Electronics)
I haven't used these binoculars extensively yet, and even if I had, I'm truthfully only a novice and therefore wouldn't feel qualified to make any kind of judgment or critique on optical quality or anything like that anyway. ...What I will comment on, though, is an issue I have with the lens caps, for both sets of lenses. They are captive, attached to the binoculars' neck strap, which is a good idea. However their overall design is somewhat flawed. Neither set seems to fit their respective lenses very well - being too big in one case and too small in the other - and are constantly falling off when I don't want them to, especially when putting the binoculars away into their carrying case. ...Which brings up another issue: While the binoculars have a neck strap, the case does not. True, it has a belt loop, but I'd have preferred not use that, as A) the binoculars in their case are somewhat hefty to be wearing on one's hip, and B) unless you feel like wearing the case 24/7, putting it on / taking it off requires both time and partial disrobing in public. ...Again, I'm not commenting on the quality of the binoculars themselves, and I don't want to discourage anyone from purchasing what could very well be a quality set of binoculars. I just thought these might be a few small details I could warn a potential buyer about. But if you've read my complaints and decided they're not concerns for you, so be it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed about 4 months later when one of the eyepiece ..., October 9, 2014
I lost a pair of Canon binoculars with Image Stabalizer feature. I decided to replace them, but didn't want to pay over $250 and felt certain I couldn't find anything comparable for that price. I was very impressed with the reviews on the Nikon Monarch 3 binoculars and ordered them. I was elated at the image quality, ease of use and durability. I was disappointed about 4 months later when one of the eyepiece extenders fell off with the rubber cap. Upon inspection I found that all three of the guide screws had fallen off. In checking the other eyepiece I found that all but one of these three screws were gone. I was disappointed when service support would not send me replacement screws, but required me to send in the binoculars. Today, to my amazement, I received a brand new set of binoculars at no cost! This is great. Thank you, Nikon! I trust the screws in these will not fall out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, June 11, 2014
For our yellowstone trip we bought two binoculars. One Nikon Monarch 3 (8 x 42) and Bushnell bear grysllys (10 x 42). So we could see through both of them side by side. Monarch outperformed Bushnell bear grysllys very well. Objects looked sharper and brighter. Brightness difference can be attributed to the increased power in bushnell. But even in bright day light. Monarch was much better. We felt it was well worth it to put some extra bucks for Monarch 3.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, July 5, 2014
Bought these for 10 day trip to the Osa Pennisula. Both barrels permanently fogged on the first day. Worthless. Great optics when working, but not suitable for outdoor use or any application where reliability is important. Very disappointed. Order at your peril. Fortunately I had a backup pair (of Leupold Acadias) that worked flawlessly. Not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, November 23, 2013
Good size. Not too big, nor too small. Does very well in low light. Very comfortable grip and the neck strap is also very comfortable. All my birding friends are so jealous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear, October 14, 2013
An awesome set of binocs with excellent clarity. You won't realise how good they are unless you have used these before, or use them side by side with a cheaper pair. The clarity is worth at least an extra x5 power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for 1st time purchase or upgrade existing? Look no further, October 5, 2013
Not only are these a great price, but really are some of the best Binoculars I've interacted with. For the price you can not avoid these if you live ANYWHERE within an urban city!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out to be a perfect Mother's Day Gift, August 3, 2013
Oh boy, did this ever make me hero-for-a-day! Purchased it for my wife for Mother's Day. She has taken to birding of late. The optics of this device are crystal clear. It is comfortable in the hands, easy to use and focus and relatively lightweight. I have an old pair of Bushnell's and was surprised at the improved clarity that the Nikon provided. The differences are hard to describe in words, other than to say the Nikon is overall just more comfortable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BINOCULARS BUT BIG, July 14, 2013
Freysquire (HOBOKEN, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
I love these binoculars. They feel sturdy, well constructed, they work great, and the image is clear and crisp. When I bring them to NHL hockey games, I can see all the action on the benches from the stands. I can read the lips of players and coaches. BUT...they are big and heavy so I often decide not to bring them. I'd love them more if they were 50% smaller and lighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars great optics., May 15, 2013
Great clarity, easy to use , lens caps a little poorly designed but great overall value & nikon no question warranty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›

Nikon 7540 Monarch 3 - 8x42 Binocular (Black)
$339.95 $176.95