Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
Night time viewing Nov 29, 2013
Night time viewing depends on different factors. I am not an optical engineer but I would venture a guess that these are no worse, or appreciably better, than any other conventional binoculars for low light situations. Night vision scopes rely on electronics to enhance the images of objects which generate heat, you've probably seen them used in spy dramas. They are available on the general market for hunters, although only some animals are legal to hunt at night. As good as the Nikon Monarch 3 10x42 is you shouldn't expect miracles. While they may be heads and shoulders above their low-end competitors and slightly better than the competitors in their price class there are limits to what they are capable of doing.
Nov 30, 2013 by Seeker who has found
votes
This model comes with both a carrying case and a strap. Lense covers are attached to the body so you don't have to worry about losing them. This is a very nice unit for the price.
Aug 27, 2014 by Robb Saunders
votes
In a word . . . yes. New packaging, new binoculars and all Nikon paperwork, including warranty info, was received with my order.
Feb 15, 2013 by Walter H.
votes
I can't answer this. I have not been to Alaska ;). The only thing about these is the 10X42 the 10 is so tight that the slightest movement the object will "move" might try the 8X42s Have fun in Alaska. Betty W.
Aug 27, 2013 by Betty White
votes
These are made in China, but they're for the US market. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our sales department at 800-991-3350 EST. We thank you for your time and consideration!
4 days ago by Sarah
votes
I use them for birding,but seems to be fine for astronomy, as you say they are light and feel stable in hand.
Oct 15, 2014 by Diego
votes
Yes you can adjust focus on one side to match the other eye. Afer that the normal focus will keep both eyes focused.
Oct 10, 2014 by dfordivam
votes
They are normal size binoculars and are not very heavy. If, you want more lightweight ones, these may not be right for you. Also you need to hold them very steady as they are very sensitive to movement. Or you need a tripod.
Nov 10, 2013 by Annette Dobbins
votes
Ask the manufacturer or check out their website and see if that is a model specification. If it doesn't say it is waterproof, then it isn't. We are frequently looking for birds early in the morning and go to a wetland area in a fairly humid climate and it has not seemed to have a detrimental effect on the binocular or its optics. I certainly wouldn't drop it in a tub to find out and would not use them in a heavy downpour. Nikon is a pretty reliable manufacturer tending on the high end of the quality scale so ambient humid conditions should not be an issue but, again, rely on the manufacturer's claims and warranty information.
Nov 9, 2013 by Seeker who has found
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers