Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon Monarch UCC Riflescope
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

90%
10%

on November 12, 2011
This scope is very clear and the BDC reticle is very nice. It got me my Bull elk from about 450 yards, and a head shot, this year. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the scope performance. It was a little hard to sight it in, apparenly the boresighting was a little off, but once I got it close it worked perfectly. Seemed to be plenty of adjustment and it stayed straight and true after a few shots. Mounted on a 7mm Mag Remington this scope looks and functions just fine. The reticles stay visible in low light and are easy to see. I wasn't sure if I would like the BDC reticle, because I am more familiar to a duplex reticle, but it is not at all distracting. The reticle does make it a lot easier to be confident in the amount of drop at a given distance, and to be able to compensate by using the reticle. Like I mentioned a 450 yard head shot, I think speaks for itself. I'm not sure I would have made the shot with my old Redfield, and it fogged after about 15 years of good service. One thing I can confidently say Nikon will probably be around to fufill it's warranty, should anything go wrong with the scope. I've only had it for about 6 mo., but it seems like it will be a fine scope for years to come. It is definately crisp and clear through the entire range, and it looks great.
on October 9, 2012
Several years past I had gotten fed up with my Leupold Vari-X III. It did not offer low light capability that I thought a scope of that quality should offer. I looked around and finally tried a Nikon Pro-Staff at Wal-Mart. The difference between the Pro-Staff and the Leupold was daylight and dark. The Nikon allowed far more light through, the filed of view was much crisper than the Leupold and the eye relief of the Nikon just fit better than the Leupold. I was sold. I now have Nikon's on 4 rifles with an old Tasco on one other. The Tasco is being replaced with my Nikon Monarch. I have used Redfields, Bushnells, Leupolds, Tascos and a couple of other scopes over the years. I have to say that these 61 y/o eyes have found a friend in the Nikon line of scopes. I usually do not shoot more than 100 - 150 yards simply because of where I hunt. I must say that the Nikons finds the little twigs and other obstacles that the other scopes did not pick up. I simply believe that an investment in a Nikon scope is money well spent and a purchase that will surely please.
on November 15, 2012
Love this product. Excellant clarity and light gathering. I comparied it with my Leupold 50 mm scope in the field and light gathering ability was the same. i highly recommend for the hunter. Great value.
on December 1, 2011
5th Monarch since '95. Was happy to find another for a new -06, just the quality and craft I expected. Never any issues in the field, mount it, sight it, and leave it alone.
on October 24, 2011
I just got into hunting last year 2010. I picked out the Savage Edge (now Axis) XP that comes with a bushnell scope. The bushnell scope was pathetic. The low light was awful, the detail was lacking, and sights lost their settings. Turns out if you google that scope model anything much higher than .270 will be too much for the scope and the sights jump around. I was also shooting cheap russian ammo that could not shoot 1" groups. Sighting it was a blast! ..not! My uncle recommended I go and buy real ammo and I picked out the Winchester SuperX Power Points 150 gr .308. My uncle also recommended a leopold scope. I priced around and they were pretty expensive. While I was searching I kept seeing Nikons being compared to leopold. While I was on ebay I found a deal on a leopold scope and a Nikon Monarch scope. I goggled for hours on which to get. I'm not saying Nikon beats Leopold hands down. But like Bose you do pay for a branding. You can't compare a Leopold base model 3-9x40 to a Nikon Monarch. You have to jump to a very expensive Leopold 3 to reach a close tie with a Monarch. Before I bought I went to bass pro. I compared the two scopes side by side. The Nikon won hands down. Better low light, better image quality, better eye relief, etc. I bought the Nikon Monarch. Now my uncle swears I made the wrong decision since he is a leopold fan and has them on all my scopes, but I really did my research. For the price, a Nikon Monarch will beat a base level Leopold at the same price range. I had a little trouble on attaching it to my rifle, but not because of the scope. Savage used cheap bolts and loktight and I stripped some bolts on my bases. I was able to remove one bolt by cutting a line for a flat head on the bolt. However on the other bolt it just fell apart. Long story short my scope ring is 3/4 on the rear base. I needed the slot in the base to be .5" forward. I tightened it up and it is fine. If you are buying a gun for the first time opt for no scope so you don't run into the base problem or take it to a gunsmith. Mr. Cheapskate has a scuffed up unremovable base to show for it. I ended up getting the scope sighted in now that I have a quality scope and quality ammo. I am very happy with the Nikon quality. So much so I went out and purchased some Nikon Monarch Binoculars this year for rifle season. You will be very happy with this scope. The image quality is superb. I was able to take a 9 point buck last year and I was within 1" of where I was aiming with this scope and savage edge .308 rifle. Nikons have a lifetime warranty just like Leopold.
on June 23, 2012
Fantastic scope! Dropped a 8-point buck at 300 yards this past season. Best for the money. I definitely recommend to buy
on December 9, 2010
This scope was everything I had hoped for. Crisp, clear visibility even in subzero weather and at times heavy snow and rain storms. Good all around product.
on July 20, 2011
While I have not used the scope in the field yet (hunting starts in October in my area) I can see that it does gather a lot of light. I will let you know more once I have sighted it and how it performs while hunting deer.
on March 13, 2011
Mounted this little beauty on Leupold STD base and rings. Its a a perfect match my my Browning X-Bolt at 100-200 yards.
on January 5, 2015
Very clear and bright. Zoom is great. Control knobs have broken internally twice. Each time Nikon takes months to fix it.