5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published on October 10, 2009 by R. HANSEN Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as clear as much lower end optics
I put this on a .300wsm and I have no evidence of it moving after shooting several boxes of ammo through the gun. Shot a buck in the neck at 100 yds. It was dead. Not sure how much more you could ask for. Will try for 200+ yd shots this year and update as necessary.

Update: I tried out some other guys scopes. Bushnell cheapos. They were clearer than my...
Published 8 months ago by payaintworthit

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 10, 2009
R. HANSEN Jr. (Springfield, OR.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
This scope is awesome. I was bore sighting it at dusk and was aiming at the top of a fence post about 100 yards away. It was getting hard to see it with my eyes because of light was low, but the scope seemed to double the amount of available light. My dad is a hard core Leopold guy, but after seeing this, he thinks this is the best scope he has ever seen. I would have to agree.
Now the bad news, I found this scope on Ebay for much cheaper than what Amazon was offering. I had some Amazon gift certificates I had to use so I opted to pay more, but if you are looking into this scope, check ebay first as it has much better pricing. (Unless you can get the Amazon vendor to match an Ebay price).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope at a Reasonable Price, June 25, 2010
I had to upgrade my scope on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical, but I simply couldn't justify buying a scope that cost more than the rifle it is mounted on (even though many other people do). So, I did some research and ordered this Nikon. I am absolutely thrilled with the clarity, the eye relief, the BDC rectical, and the over all performance of this scope. I was in between getting this and a Leupold that was over twice the cost. I shot guns with both before making the decision and I could only see a marginal (at best) difference in clarity and light capturing ability between the two, so I opted to save the $300 to buy more match grade ammo and hand loading supplies for trigger time. If you are considering a $500 or more scope, at least check these out. You will find that you don't need an enormous price tag to get a quality scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning., November 16, 2010
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
Beautiful scope with amazing clarity at a modest price. I recently purchased a 22-250 Savage Edge rifle at Cabelas. I looked at many different scopes while there and finally settled on the Nikon Buckmaster. So i went home signed onto amazon and bought her prime. Great optic with plenty magnification. Comes in a nicely packed box with everything in description. The warranty is just another awesome feature Nikon offers. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40, March 9, 2011
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
Wow is this scope is crisp and clear. I compared this Nikon Buckmaster next to the comprible Leupold scope and I did not find such a significant difference to justify the double cost of the Leupold. I am very happy with the scope and will be buying another one for my other rifle. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want, February 28, 2010
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
I bought this for my son, and he's been using it for more than a year. He chose the BDC reticle over the mildot, and he isn't disappointed in his choice. I would personally have chosen the mildot. However, the unit performs exactly as expected based on Nikon's description. This scope works extremely well at dawn and dusk, and can be used during a full moon at night (yes, only for pigs and coyotes). Controls are easy to use, it accepts standard sized accessories (e.g. spring loaded lens covers), and the lifetime warranty is an extremely comforting component. Absolutely no buyer's remorse.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting another..., October 13, 2013
This has been a great scope so far. I have had it for about a year atop a precision, bolt-action .308. It has held zero through several hundred rounds, and does not move unless I tell it to. The turrets return to zero with predictability and consistency. The side parallax adjustment is a nice touch. The optics are very good, showing little distortion and good light transmission. Just keep in mind that this is effectively a 12x scope... despite going up to 14x, the reticle is on the second focal plane. On this model, the mil dot's are only accurate at the 12x setting. I tested the 12x mil dot setting by comparing it to measured markings on paper at 100 yards. The mil dot intervals are spot-on accurate at 12x magnification. I highly recommend this as a great alternative to bulky, heavy "tactical" rifle scopes. I am about to get another one for my .300 Wby Mag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 19, 2013
This was my anniversary gift,(I have an awesome husband!) and I love it! The optical quality for the price is unheard of. Buy it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i was looking for, January 20, 2014
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
I shoot a lot of coyotes in the wide open prairie with my AR. This scope is powerful enough to reach out there and yet not so powerful that I can't make a running shot when I need to. The Nikon-spot-on Website is great for me to understand my affective ranges and it makes it almost unfair to the coyotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Buckmaster MilDot, October 5, 2012
I mounted this beautiful Nikon with a DNZ Game Reaper Mount onto my son's Winchester M70. The ease of getting this thing mounted and zeroed was so easy for my 15 year old to do. He was so happy to see that after 3 shots he had it zeroed. Took it out the next day to confirm and at 300 yds it was perfect. As advertised, view of targets at dusk was picture perfect. Side focus compared to the eyepiece focus on Prostaff is better eliminating the need to take eyes off target. Eye relief is easy to adjust on the fly. Highly recommend The Buckmaster 4.5-14x40.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality scope, June 13, 2011
This review is from: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (Sports)
I love this scope. Had a budget of $300 and after a lot of research I had it narrowed down to the Buckmasters 4.5 - 14X or a Monarch 2 - 8X. Chose this one because I wanted the magnification to shoot at greater distances.

I mounted it on my brand new Weatherby Vanguard .223 as a medium range small game rifle combo. Bought aluminum Talley rings to go with it. Took it out, zeroed it, and shot a 5 shot, .75" group at 100 yards. Click adjustments are tight and solid, and it has held zero perfectly. Set it, put the covers back on the turrets, and forget about it. Eye relief is good. The sight picture is very clear and bright with no distortion around the edges. I love the BDC reticle, but have yet to use it for shots past 100 yards. Cons are that the zoom ring is fairly stiff and requires a lot of rotation; and the scope design is not for the tactical, dial-in each shot type of shooter. If you are a holdover kind of person like me, get this scope with the BDC reticle and you will not be disappointed.

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (SF Matte, BDC)
$462.95 $319.99