Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 29, 2013
After reading previous reviews I was leery about buying the Coolpix L28. But, I really like my Coolpix L120 so I thought I'd take a chance on the L28 because I needed something really portable. I made sure that I ordered a memory card that is rated at class 10. The slower cards (class 4, etc) will take somewhat longer to snap and store a picture. Wait times with my class 10 card are only about a second or 2 at most. Pictures I've taken so far are reasonably sharp and colors are true. My PC recognized the camera immediately without installing Nikon software and it was easy to move pictures onto my HD. The high resolution of the L28 means pictures can be enlarged considerably. For closeup I snapped a picture of a printed page at about 5 inches and the type was perfectly clear. It is true that the L28 doesn't do as well in a dark room as my L120. Pictures are a bit grainy, but normal room lighting produces good results. In my opinion, for people who want a snapshot camera that is small and portable and reasonably priced, the Coolpix L28 is a good choice.
66 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2013
This camera is really user friendly. It doesn't have the advanced features of some cameras, like manually adjusting the aperture, but it has many features and the exposure can be adjusted manually. I really like this camera and am very happy with my purchase. It is compact in size, but seems sturdy, like it could get accidentally dropped and not break in to a million pieces.
on August 14, 2013
Nikon COOLPIX L28 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Zoom Lens and 3" LCD or any small digital compact camera. I you want fast response time between your next shoot, you have to use very fast SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash memory card 45/MB/s or 95MB/s. Normally this type of memory is used in DSLR cameras, but will work in any camera that can take SDHC memory card. I found this out about 6 years ago when taking pictures at a track event. I was missing getting the winner crossing the finish line, because of slow response using SDHC 10/MB/s memory. Another guy who was also taking pictures heard me complaining about missing the shots & told me about using 30/MB/s which was the fastest during that time. I later bought it & have been changing out my camera (for more megapixel & the faster memory every 3 to 3 years). With the faster memory you get one (1) second response time between your next shoot, instead of 6 to 8 seconds when using SDHC 10/MB/s memory card. I am currently using the SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash memory card 95MB/s.

You have to pay more than $10 or $15 for the fastest memory so that you get 1 second response time between shots.

As of 08-14-2013 here are some Amazon price on the Fastest SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 flash memory cards for 45/MB/s or 95MB/s.

SanDisk Extreme 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $16.82 & free shipping on orders over $25.00, List Price: $48.99

SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $27.99 & free shipping, List Price: $78.99

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $57.99 & free shipping, List Price: $199.99

SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $123.99 & free shipping, List Price: $174.99

SanDisk Extreme Pro 8 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $23.63 & free shipping on orders over $25.00, original List Price: $62.99

SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $38.39 & free shipping, original List Price: $78.99

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $63.22 & frees shipping Regular $199.00

SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s by Scan Disk
Price $132.52 & frees shipping Regular $349.99
66 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2013
I ordered this one straight away when my L18, which I loved, took a dive off the tripod. Even though I read the reviews here about blurry pictures, I had really loved the L18 and thought, quite honestly, it had to be the operator of the camera. Wrong. I did everything from close up mode, to auto mode to various scene modes, even used the timer and not touching the camera, and using a tripod, to finally contacting Nikon tech service and asking 'what am I doing wrong', pictures are not sharp. Sent them sample pictures and the final response from Nikon - the pictures are good for that camera and was told I could send in for techs to look at the camera. Thank goodness for Amazon's 30 day return policy. Brand new camera without sharp pictures. Not messing with shipping back and forth to tech support. Camera went back.
on November 1, 2013
On October 2, 2013, I received the camera that I had ordered as a gift to my wife. I tested it and everything was perfect. My wife used it on October 3, 2013 (2 pictures), October 5, 2013 (27 pictures), October 12, 2013 (37 pictures), October 20, 2013 (10 pictures), tried on October 31, 2013 (Halloween) and the 3"LCD screen does not work any more. All the times, the camera had been store within a hard case, in a safety place, and handed by my wife or myself. Nobody had used, touched, or dropped it. When trying to use it with our friends last night, the camera was worstless. What can we do?
on April 18, 2013
Used it for two days and promptly boxed it up. First it had only one previous review so I didn't have much to go on. I tested the zoom, scenery settings, and flash and found all lacking. Very fuzzy pictures even without the zoom and long lags between photos. I'm sorry for the lack of technical verbiage, but hope this is helpful. I ended up trading to the Canon PowerShot SX160, which while not a DSLR camera, is a better point & shoot for me. It is much heftier (this Nikon was too small for my hands), much shorter lag time, and provides higher quality shots on just the auto settings.
66 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
This camera was easy to use and took great clear pictures. If you are looking for a small great camera to just throw in your pocket this is perfect.
on August 8, 2013
I love the size, etc of this camera BUT i have sent it back to Nikon twice because after taking a few pics the camera "freezes". It won't do anything. Just sits at what ever position or function it was in when it "freezes". I have to take the batteries out and let the camera "sit" for a few minutes and then reinstall the batteries and then a few pics later it "freezes" again. Nikon says they can't reproduce the problem.
on January 4, 2015
Really all of you people out there with your sob stories about the issues and bad reviews of this INEXPENSIVE camera. What in Gods name were you expecting from a BASIC point and shoot camera regardless of it being a NIKON. Did you even bother to do some research on it BEFORE you bought it? It is plastic and the shutters commonly jam up regardless of brand and watch out with sand on the beach. The battery door again are very easy to break ...again regardless of brand. If you want high end pictures of the children. Soccer games, fast response time saving to the SD card, rapid fire shutter speed, ultra crisp images and LCD blah blah blah. Then go do your research and go drop $500, $600, $1000+ dollars and get all of what you want and desire. This camera is a basic point and shoot not a high end NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, TIME MAGAZINE, camera. This fine for your kids first camera and if they break it so what it's cheap just go get another one. And yes when you use the flash regardless of camera brand you're going to eat batteries, try using lithium they hold up much better than alkaline. And the crying over the 5x zoom not being strong enough than you would have realized that before you bought it by doing some reading up it's not going to equate to something that will get you 180mm. This is a low end basis point and shoot and all Nikon's camera's on this level don't put it up even though there waring the Nikon name! I've shot only Nikon since the 80's when what films were the hot topic to buy and I have never been let down with the brand. So do your home work before you buy any camera, how fast it process's information, lighting levels, modes then you won't wind up crying on Amazon's website blaming them for your lack of knowledge in the camera department. My 11 year old daughter loves it and if she breaks it oh well it was cheap I will just go buy another point and shoot. Get a grip people, you buy cheap you get cheap.
on October 16, 2013
My husband gave me the Nikon Coolpix L28 for my birthday. He bought it on the advice on a salesperson at Best Buy who said that the camera was very fast for a point and shoot. I currently have a Casio point and shoot that has an enormously long delay and so was excited to have this new camera. After using it several times, I have returned it. The quality of the photos was just abysmal.The photos were blurry no matter which mode I was in. The continual shooting feature did not work at all, in either the sport or pet mode. I actually thought that the camera might have had factory defects, but after reading other comments here I have decided that it is just an awful camera. I am now researching other cameras and have learned the hard way that you really do get what you pay for. This may be okay for an amateur (as in a small child). I'm no professional photographer by any means, and I do like a small point and shoot camera for convenience. But it has to take good photos and this camera just doesn't.