5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cheap camera for features
I am very pleased with this camera. This is the third Nikon I have owned and the best by far, and all three are great.

Published on April 27, 2012 by Peter Bradley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not an SLR
Published 22 months ago by The Handyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cheap camera for features, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX L820 16 MP Digital Camera with 30x Zoom (Black)Deluxe Bundle With 8gb SDHC card , Digpro Case , Claning Kit (Electronics)

I have found no problems with this camera, and the accessories that came in the bundle are good too. The tripod is a little stiff and flakes of paint come off the legs when you bend them, but you can't tell where they came from by just looking at it. The carrying case is plenty big and surprizingly well built.

The camera really surprized me. The display screen and picture quality are supurb, and the menus are straight forward.
If I had to say something bad about the camera I would say it is advertised to shoot MPEG-4 videos but doesn't. It only shoots MOV files which is no problem for me. Maybe you can convert them with ViewNX, the software that comes with the camera, but I haven't tried yet. This camera is smaller than I expected it to be. The advertised picture is deceiving to size, but that's not a problem either.

The picture quality is very clear with the 16.1 MP, and the 26X zoom gets very close to what you are shooting. Taking 3D pictures takes a little getting use to. It puts a sillouette on the screen of half the picture you just shot, then you line it up with the image on the screen and it automatically saves the shot. If it fails or succeeds to line up it does not save the first picture, only the 3D shot.

Videos are easy. Push the button to start recording, and push it to stop. It has left and right microphones on either side of the flash that pick up sounds decently.

Overall, for less than $300 you get a camera that does options that $500 and up cameras advertise. If you are looking for a camera under $200 I would suggest spending a little more and getting this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Little Point and Shoot for the Novice!, June 16, 2012
I received this camera only 1 day after purchasing it and immediately tried it out. It was very simple to operate and start taking pictures within a few minutes. Buying the package made this camera even easier to operate-no guessing what I might need-it was all included!

The camera worked very well for what I needed-a simple little point and shoot camera that takes nice pictures with little to no effort. The only negative I found was that it can be slow to take pictures or change zoom function. For the price, I couldn't beat it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent nikon bundle, July 19, 2012
Exellent camera, I recomend it, exellent camera for the travellers, the things in the combo are really good, really quickly deliver, confort size in the cam and all the things in the package

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera Package, Good Price!, June 2, 2013
'Easy to use, takes great pictures, small camera with a zoom that is really awesome. I love this camera! Would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a small camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not an SLR, May 5, 2013
The Handyman (CLERMONT, FL, US) - See all my reviews
The camera has many nice features. eg.26X zoom, image stabilization, compact size and numerous settings. However as a Nikon user for over 40 years it did not meet my expectations. Takes way too long as it "hunts" to focus...I can manually focus my old Nikkormat and take several pictures while the L820 is hunting. Even the 990 had superior focusing. If you're serious about photography go fo a true SLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD CAMERA!, February 28, 2013
Meet all my spectations, also want to inform that I used in a very cold enviorement and also very HOTTT enviorement; Works perfectly and no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Product!, February 21, 2013
Love the camera. The bundle price is a steal, and I bought 3 as gifts because of it. The clearness of the picture is amazing. Would recommend this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, October 22, 2012
Excellent camera. I reccommend. Good price and quality of images. I don't like the menu option. Should be better with more resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars My sister loves her camera and so does everyone else, October 16, 2012
She's no professional photographer, but she's a mom with a good eye for photo ops! The pictures have all turned out just as you'd want them and the record option is great because home videos are always great to sit down and watch with the family. She feels like she got the greatest birthday present out of everyone this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars L810, October 13, 2012
Product is as advertised. Got it in good time. Could be better if it had an optical viewfinder backup for outdoor briht light situations. Overall, I am pleased.