4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, could use some updates.
Bought this camera since i lost my canon powershot sd900. I only buy canon products but since nikon has been advertising the heck out of their products i thought i give it a chance. Overall this camera takes awesome photos. The in camera features are great as well. My only problem is that in order to review your photos you have to turn on the camera you just can't...
Published on April 10, 2012 by Rcubed

2.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Guy finds S9300 mediocre and over priced
I'm sure I either have a bad copy...or some of the reviewing users here haven't put it through it's paces.

My problems:

1. S9300 will not lock focus when zoomed at or near it's maximum.
2. Selecting one of the Auto ISO ranges...125-800 ISO causes the camera to select very low shutter speeds, so that even with vibration reduction, if you are...
Published on May 6, 2012 by Ed911

‹ Previous | 1 2 364 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Auto Focus EVER !, July 23, 2012
J. Kuhr (Littleton, CO) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera specifically for a trip to Scandanavia, read all the instructions and did what I was supposed to. No matter what mode I set the autofocus in I got blurry faces. I tried Autofocus Mode in Single AF and Full Time both. I tried AF area mode on Face Priority, Auto, Center and Subject Tracking. All my pictures with people in them are blurry. Scenery shots are fine.

What a disapointment ! A $350 camera that I ca'nt count on. My daughters $120 Canon takes better pictures without any fuss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within months, and inquiring into tech support online gave me nothing but spam, October 16, 2012
Pretzelcuatl (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
The title of my review says it all. A few months after purchasing this camera, I started to have problems with the mode dial. I'd turn on the camera, and get a warning screen that said "MODE DIAL NOT IN PROPER POSITION", and the camera would shut down. Googling this problem indicated that I was far from alone with this. I wrote to Nikon, submitting a request for help, and got a stream of offers to buy more Nikon products, but never received an answer to my question. I'm going to keep trying, but in the meantime, this is my last purchase from this company. The scoundrels. The dirty, rotten jerks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Nikon!!, April 9, 2012
I've had this camera for a week now and I love it. I really went back and forth between this one and the P510. I chose this one for my upcoming trip to Europe due to the size. My husband wanted to fit it in his pocket. It is a great camera. I'm so glad I chose this one. It has terrific features (that I'm still learning) for great photos. The zoom is pretty impressive (obviously not as impressive as the P510). I guess the true test will be my trip.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nikon S9300, May 29, 2012
Originally had an S9100 and thought it was terriffic. We take lots of pictures monthly because of our work and it eventually quit working efficiently. Still, a very good camera. We then purchased the S9300 and we have think it is a piece of junk. It doesn't take pictures quickly, the battery lid opens all the time and the telescoping feature takes forever. I wish we had stayed with the S9100.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nikon fan NOT happy for the first time, August 20, 2012
I have always had Nikon. Have a couple of DSLR's and love them, and was looking for a small point and shoot to have on trip I cannot take my DSLR. But Nikon in this one went bust. It is extremely slow Camera. Forget about it if you are in a hurry to take a shot. By the time it turns on, you depress the shoot bottom it focuses and refocuses, charges the flash although you don't need it, the "nikon" moment passes. I tried returning it but the 30 day trial had gone by, so now I'm trying to sell it secondary market. Not worth your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon S9300, September 3, 2012
J. Lindner (MN United States) - See all my reviews
I love Nikon cameras. I am very pleased with my D3100 and the several lenses I bought for it. So when I decided I also wanted a point and shoot, I was not surprised when my list of desired features for my camera led me to select the Nikon S9300. I was confident my purchase would justify my evaluation of the several cameras available. But I am somewhat disappointed with this camera. At face value it seems to match up to the competition, but there is something missing with the camera as a whole. Let me explain what I mean.

The autofocus seems to work well, but once I download my pictures, they are not always clear. They appear clear in the view window when I take the picture, but the end result is not always what I expected. Likewise, the selector dial on the camera is easily rotated, even when I do not want to change the setting. It is as if the dial gets bumped or adjusted when I return my camera to my pocket or to its case. The flash settings also seem to get changed without my knowing. I set the flash to automatic, take some shots then return the camera to the case. When I ready for my next shot, the flash is on a setting other than automatic. These issues are annoying (though by themselves are not necessarily a dealbreaker). I realize I likely am part of the reason for my problems, but my old Olympus point and shoot never gave me these problems. Perhaps Nikon's desire to have multiple features is also part of the problem. In their attempt to make this camera user friendly, they overlooked the fact that not every user will be proficient in all aspects of its use.

On the positive side, the pictures that are in focus are great. Many of my pictures are of a work related nature (building mechanical equipment, roofs, driveways, etc.) so I'm not talking about missing out on the perfect "Kodak moment," but I do rely on my camera to capture a picture so I do not have to write the thousand words I'd otherwise need to write. The zoom lens is very powerful, though maximum zoom requires either a tripod or a very stable hand, and the pixel settings allow for well defined detail shots. The GPS helps remind me where I was when I took the picture.

I do not regret buying this camera. Afterall, it was the only camera that had all of the features I was looking for in a point and shoot. I just think that Nikon could have done a better job in constructing the camera so to avoid these bothersome issues. It is a comfortable camera to bring along on any type of outing. For these reasons I say this is a good camera, just not a great camera. My old Olympus lasted me eleven years before a mysterious hole developed in my viewfinder and I could no longer load the software on new computers. I wonder how long the Nikon S9300 will last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Cam, May 6, 2012
I appreciate the convenience of this small purse/pocket sized point and shoot camera which makes it easy for me to have it abailable when I want it. It is much faster to shoot, refocus and frame than my previous camera, and the zoom is quite effective for such a small camera. It is what I had been looking for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not lock focus when zoomed at or near maximum, June 1, 2012
Couple of comments:

1) Auto-focus takes awhile. When zoomed in completely, auto-focus usually skips over the position where it's focused and locks in where it's blurry. Sometimes it helps to push the shutter half-way a couple more times (each time it locks at a different point).

2) There is no manual focus override.

3) The USB connector is non-standard, requiring a special Nikon-compatible USB cable. (I do like the USB charging ability, though)

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as concert camera..., March 21, 2013
I'm far from a true professional when it comes to photography and especially concert photography but I've been to 80+ concerts. Every show I've been to I've always gotten pictures not worth talking about, well finally my go to camera died and I bought this one. I'm glad I did. I've used it at 3 concerts so far and it did amazing even at full zoom. I've never had such beautiful pictures from a concert. I will agree the battery is less than perfect so I bought a back up and it's just fine. I've posted some of my concert pictures in the user photos of this product for you to view.

The video: AMAZING at a concert too! The HD puts out amazing footage. This is primarily a concert use camera for me.

If you are a concert go-er and serious about getting some good shots, I recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected, May 17, 2012
I bought this camera for an upcoming Alaska cruise, mainly because of the zoom capability. Unfortunately I had problems with the zoom not staying in focus. I was extremely disappointed in this camera and returned it after only three days.

‹ Previous | 1 2 364 | Next ›