Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon COOLPIX S02 13.2 MP Digital Camera with 3x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and Full 1080p HD Video (Pink) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 28, 2013
This is the newset version. This most different of this camera compare with previous version is CMOS. S01 uses CCD. Coolpix S02 has increase up to 13.2MP. The quality of picture is better. To say extractly, this camera is cheap and very good for point and shoot. light, easy to use and best photos.

If you want a professional photo, you can try this coolpix:

B00EZAYD4A
on August 14, 2014
I bought this camera for social events and rock climbing. I got it quickly from Amazon just in time for my trip to Yosemite to do a week long climbing trip. It is a very simple camera.

Interface: 1 star. I really don't like the interface because almost all the interface is done with the touch screen. It is not a easy, quick interface. Too many touches to get to the menu you want.
Pictures: 3 stars. The pictures I able to take were decent for this little camera.
Size: 4 stars. I love the size. Very small. Nice because I want this for the portability and using as little room and weight. It is however hard to take pictures. It is too small for that function. I have small hands. It would be difficult for someone with large hands.
Memory and Battery: 1 star. I DO NOT like there is no SD card slot. You must rely on the internal memory. That is both bad work flow and limits amount of pictures you can take before you have to download. Limits the portability. There also is no battery you can take out. So no back up battery and again, limits the portability. Both functions require you to plug the camera into an outlet.
Reliabilty: Can I give it ZERO stars. I had only had this less than a week. The camera froze twice on a full charge while the lens was out. Oddly, after just putting it down for a bit, I was able to press the power button a bunch of times and it closed the lens. The next time was the killer. I was climbing a 1300 foot wall and had the most amazing views. But the camera did this again. It froze again. I couldn't turn it off or do anything. So I put it in my pocket and kept climbing. I checked it two more times in the next couple hours. Still frozen open with power on. Unfortunately, I was on an all day climb. Since it was in my pocket, I laid on it a few times and the lens got stuck. Eventually, when the power was used up, it shutdown but with the lens open. I recharged it and pressed the power button. "Lens error". Piece of junk!
on September 3, 2014
Horrible photo quality. I am a photographer and I was looking for a small point and shoot to carry around to take photos of my kids, so I don't have to carry around my DSLR during her birthday party. Luckily I tested it out before the party and the quality was horrible. I thought maybe it was just the camera display, so I uploaded them and they were very bad. Returning. Better off using my iphone.
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2013
I bought this little baby to try and get an improvement over the fairly bad images my Nokia 925 provides. This fits in my wristlet without me having to remove any contents, and it's cute. The specs seemed good enough. However, once I got it home and charged it, and took some test pics, I am less than impressed. The camera phone does a better job! I got one crisp photo from it, and that was of a cat in sunlight; everything in "less than sunlight" lighting came out a bit grainy. The flash doesn't throw as far as I'd hoped, so that a box of crackers on a shelf two feet away came out well, but three feet away was grainy again. I am going to return this and probably look at the Nikon L620 instead.
on March 1, 2015
This may not be the camera you'll use while your out doing scenery photography, but you will use it a lot. I keep it right by my t.v. chair and use it for when the animals are being cute or if I want to remember something I've seen on t.v. (the pictures come out beautifully).
Plus it's so fun to show it to friends...they can't believe how cute and small it is!
I have 3 of them actually....one model "S01" and two "S02"s. The S01 is the slightly smaller one that I keep so I can say I have "the smallest camera Nikon has ever made". The S02's are the better cameras by far. I bought so many because the price was so low and they won't last forever.
I keep one in my purse too...they're so light weight. And well yes I do have a cell phone with a camera....But this thing is just so darn cute!
I think I've crossed a line somewhere and became a camera collector...
Well I love them...you will too!!! It's easy to use and even has special modes before and after taking the picture. It would make a great gift too...
on January 2, 2015
Very small and I like that. Decent pics especially outdoors. Not great, but good for an inexpensive pocket camera. The video, is shaky. Note, there is no tripod socket and I am not a steady video shooter. Also, if you have larger hands or fingers, you may find this a little difficult as the buttons are small. I am fine with that. I do like it because it is very small and I can slip it into my pocket easily. Flash is ok. Menu is very, very easy to navigate.
on March 17, 2015
This little camera takes the best pictures and is easy to use and it take videos as well. It stores so many pictures that you do not have to run to your computer to download and make room. I love the fact that it is so small that you can fit it in your pocket. I take it with me everywhere so I do not miss a shot. I would recommend this camera even to a novice because it is so easy to get the perfect picture every time.
on June 2, 2014
I expected the camera to be up to previous Nikon standards, but found a things that failed my expectations. Out of the box, every shot was over exposed. The other problem which is a major problem is the focus when shooting using the telephoto option. All of the telephoto shots were slightly out of focus.

This camera should be considered a throw away camera. Once the rechargeable battery dies, it can not be replaced.
on June 29, 2014
it take wonderful shots and even greater movies... do find that not being able to erase more than one picture at a time on the camera - except to reformat the card - to be somewhat of a nuisance.... but you can erase the entire card while attached to the computer.

Just would have thought Nikon would have come up with a better solution so that you can clear the card on the run.
on August 8, 2014
Good for everyday use. Love the color and size. Close up photos can be blurry, so a little distance is your friend. Overall, happy. In a house full of boys, there is no mistaken, this camera is mommy's.