Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on May 7, 2012
I am a professional photographer and have been looking for a little point and shoot to carry around for convenience. I want quality....but I do understand that any point and shoot is going to have some limitations. It's wonderful to be able to grab the camera and shoot away without having to worry about settings. The exposure compensation and scene modes will give you what you need for everyday fun photos. I might even consider using this camera as a second camera for some of my professional photography. I spent quite a lot of time researching point and shoots. I have Nikon professional cameras, so I do lean a little toward Nikon. My daughter just purchased a pretty pricey Canon point and shoot..her pictures are below standard in my opinion compared to what I am able to capture with this little camera.

Of course, you do have shutter lag....that's just a point and shoot....For the money this is a great little camera. Thank you Nikon :-)
55 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2012
When I finally made the leap from film to digital camera I searched for a long time for just the right camera for me. In fact I had another camera saved on my wish list so long that when I compared this camera to the saved one, this one had better features on every point! I love the ease of just pointing and shooting and still getting wonderful pictures. I recently went to NYC and took a bunch of pictures and only had to delete one! Transferring pictures to my computer is also a breeze. I wholeheartedly recommend this camera to someone looking for an easy to use point and shoot camera that takes beautiful pictures!
on April 19, 2012
I ordered this camera because it wasn't that expensive and I loved the color. The picture quality is better than I expected and I wanted a camera that had a video app as well. It works great, I would highly recommend this camera!
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2012
My wife and daughter took this camera with them when they went to Kenya on a mission trip. They also took a high end SLR, and I am having a hard time telling which camera took which picture...pretty cool!
on October 25, 2012
I bought this camera because it had good reviews, it stated it took professional type pictures at the zoo. But I had one big problem with it. Even though the quality is great, the shutter lag (time between pressing the button and when it actually takes the shot) when taking pictures indoors is too long. Outside theres hardly a noticable delay. And because I bought it to take pictures of puppies, it was quite frustrating, as the little guys tend to move alot. Also the delay between pictures is longer than I'd like, after the flash I get the full attention of my little subjects only as long as the delay. Some of its good qualities are if you forget to put a camera card in, you have the option to transfer photos from camera to card. It also has a touch screen, so when getting your subjects prepaired for a picture you can just tap the screen to shoot. I know I need a more expensive camera but can't afford it, so with some practice I was still able to get some really good shots.
66 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
I bought the more expensive Nikon Coolpix a few months before for almost 3 times the money. I hated it, and began using my previous Nikon Coolpix that had cracked. Then, I happen to see this one and for the cheap price, I took a gamble. It works great. I love how easy it is to use (the other one kept accidentally taking photos and was very hard to open and close). This one is smaller and much easier to use. I never did find the video button on my expensive Nikon, but this one is right on the front.

Also, I love the zoom feature. I've never seen one that is so easy to use and has access to this feature right on the front top right of camera. You can zoom in and out while you are taking videos too. And, when playing back the photos, in order to view them closer, simply move your finger over the same zoom button. It's very light weight and fits into the pocket of my purse.
on January 12, 2013
I bought this camera for my daughter 11/30/2012. I gave the camera to my daughter on Xmas day. She used the camera approximately two weeks. At this time the camera ceased to work. Of course the 30 days are up, even though she has only used it two weeks. The camera is now enroute to be repaired. I think a new product is in order, not a repaired camera.Oh yeah! Be prepared to pay all postage, and handling to return your defective product.I received my camera back today 01/28/2013! The camera is still non-functional, same issues. I now have to send this new product back again. Customer service is as non- functional as their product.
on May 16, 2012
Have had it about five months. Took it and an older Canon that is a few steps up technologically on a road triptrip - New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona. Used the Canon's viewfinder in the sun. Coolpix worked great taking video and snapshots from a moving car. No problems.
on November 26, 2012
This camera was purchased for me as a gift so that I could have a small,portable point & shoot camera in addition to my Nikon D40 DSLR (which I love). Unfortunately, I didn't use it until just after the 30 day return policy was up. On the third day of a family vacation, after using it for two days, I pulled it out from the safety of my camera bag to use it, and turned the power on. The screen showed a lens error, then it immediately powered down. A friend, who assembles computers for a living,couldn't even get it to work. About the only thing that I might have done to cause the lens error was that there was a small piece of fuzz from the camera bag in the lens, that I removed following the lens error. The day before, I dropped it from a distance no greater than 15 inches, but a camera should not be so fragile that it can't handle an occasional minor drop or two. I am convinced that the camera was poorly constructed from the start. After my vacation, when I looked at the pictures taken on the first two days with it, several of them had half of the picture missing, as if the shutter was stuck.

When the camera was "working," I was frustrated with the fact that I could take pictures by touching the screen; I found this very annoying as I accidentally took several pictures of my shirt, the ground, etc.

I am extremely disappointed in the lack of quality from this Nikon camera. I cannot afford to keep buying $130 one-use cameras, so I will never buy another Nikon point & shoot camera. My kids have Canon Powershots that have lasted for 3 years so far.

Camera was not purchased from Amazon.
on March 21, 2013
Picture quality is great. A variety of options and extrremely long battery life. The onscreenmenu's could be easier to understand. The manual that is on disc is very thorough though. Fairly easy to use, compact and even takes pretty good video.