5.0 out of 5 stars EASY BREEZY!!
Published on August 4, 2011 by slippersister

2.0 out of 5 stars Pictures turn out blurry
Published on September 2, 2011 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY BREEZY!!, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S4100 14 MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch Touchscreen Display, SanDisk 4GB SD Memory Card, and Leather Case (Plum) (Electronics)
I am far from being an electronic wizard so I was very concerned about being able to easily (a) take pictures (b) review, edit and delete pictures and (c) dump pictures from a card into my computer. PLUS I wanted to do all of this with minimal manuial reading, downloading from the manufacturer and watching endless CD-ROMs and never getting the answers I needed. If these, too, are your criteria, BUY THIS CAMERA RIGHT AWAY! This camera is so easy to use and so user friendly, it's ridiculous! Not only that but Amazon has the BEST deal on the internet and I was able to purchase a cute purple bundle w/a leather case and strap, memory card and camera for $100 LESS than my local Radio Shack (they didn't have the bundle, fyi). The pictures are clear and crisp. Honestly, my relatives ooh and aah over my candid snaps which are over-the-top charming and fun. I love the confidence I have taking pictures that I KNOW are going to be excellent AND look cute and coordinated while doing it! One negative remark is the fact that it takes a few seconds between pictures for the camera to re-set...a minus when you're trying to capture candid moments in succession. But this is a minor quibble compared to how easy and wonderful this camera is to use! EXCELLENT PURCHASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Adequate, September 9, 2011
There have been many reviews that give this camera a less than satisfactory rating. The reasons range from the pictures being blurry to software problems. Well, I would like to tell you that I have no problems whatsoever. I worry that many people have trouble with blurry pictures because they fail to realize that you have to slightly depress the snap button in order to get it to focus. This is kind of a new idea, but I am a strong supporter for it. It allows YOU to have more control over what your picture will look like compared with earlier generations of cameras. The screen is BEAUTIFUL. The colors are very vibrant. I have taken videos and the video quality is definitely above normal quality, but the sound is what to write home about. The sound is crystal clear. The case here is normally like 50$ by itself, so you are practically getting the camera for a steal. I would recommend this to anyone who is an amateur photographer, who enjoys carrying around a camera all of the time but really wants good quality photos to reflect upon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little pocket camera, July 22, 2011
This is an excellent little point and shoot camera. In addition to this little pocket cam, I also have a Cannon Rebel XTi. As that camera is too big to carry around all the time, I often use this camera for friends' birthday parties, quick hikes, etc. I have been surprised at the quality of photos this camera produces. Occassionally, they are even better than the Rebel photos. The touch screen is a great feature, and I like being able to scroll with the screen. The memory card holds A TON of pictures. I can go months without deleting. The size is super convenient and fits in my pocket. A few issues: 1 - You have to use your fingernail to scroll when using the touchscreen, it doesn't like finger tips. Not sure that it would be of much use to someone with very short nails. 2 - I have not been able to figure out how to format the memory card from the camera. I load all the photos to my computer, then delete the camera pics while I'm in the folder (on the comp). 3 - You have to charge using your computer or a USB port to wall converter. There is no removable battery pack to charge (biggest drawback). Overall, the value for the money can not be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera - Great Value, August 8, 2011
Camera fit our needs to a tee. Small, light weight, click and shoot movies and pics. Good quality pics. Synchs with iPhoto, no problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, November 9, 2011
The service was quick and effecient and the camera and case etc arrived in good order. I love the camera itself but only a month after purchase i had to buy a new battery.
the camera itself seems to be affecting the batteries because the replacement battery i bought will not charge now either. I am not happy with this product at all

2.0 out of 5 stars Pictures turn out blurry, September 2, 2011
B. Lee (Kenosha, wi United States) - See all my reviews
I'll put some samples here of some pictures I took that were in Auto mode that turned out blurry. It's a nice looking camera. It looks nice and sleek, but whats the point if it doesn't do what its suppose to do. I use to have a canon powershot and it took better pictures and upgraded to this. Even my camera phone takes better pictures. When I snap photo's, I only pray that they'll turn out good. I'm going to try to get rid of it on ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this little camera, July 7, 2014
I LOVE this little camera! Took it on vacation with me. The pictures are so clear and pretty! And getting the extras (stylus, SD card, and case) was quite a bonus!

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay for a year or two, June 24, 2014
I bought this camera in September of 2011 for a trip to Hawaii. I found it difficult to use and most of my pictures turned out blurry, no matter what setting I had it on. I also had to press really hard on the touchscreen for it to work. But it was okay.

It worked fine for the times I needed it until June of 2013, when I charged it up for my sister's wedding. Once I arrived at the wedding, the dang thing wouldn't turn on. It was fully charged but just got no response whatsoever. I ended up missing out on taking pictures of my sister's wedding.

I ordered a new battery for it and it worked fine, so I figured the battery must've gone bad. I took it on my own honeymoon in October of 2013, and after taking a few pictures, I realized my cell phone camera took better and clearer pictures, so I used my cell phone camera instead.

It was sitting on my dresser for a couple weeks after the honeymoon. I picked it up to turn it on, and again got no response. I set it to charge and it wouldn't take a charge. I bought another battery and it worked just fine, so I think something inside must be shorting out the batteries.

I took it on a cruise in May of 2014 with another brand new battery. I wanted a camera that I didn't really care if I lost to take to the ports, in case I lost it, got mugged, etc. At this point, I no longer cared about this camera after all the trouble I've had with it, so I took it. I made sure to take the battery out immediately after each use, which reset all my settings every single time, but it worked just fine and responded each time. That is, until the one time I forgot to take the battery out immediately after use. Sure enough, when I tried to use it on an excursion a couple hours later, no response, and the camera would no longer turn on again. We were on a guided tour and couldn't run back to the ship to get my cell phone, so I ended up missing out on taking pictures during our excursion.

When I bought this in 2011, I thought Nikon was a good brand and that I'd be able to depend on this camera. Also, at $140, I knew it wasn't a top of the line model, but it wasn't bottom of the barrel either. I expected that this would last me more than two years. Hopefully I just got a faulty unit, but I will most likely not be purchasing another Nikon in the future and stick with Canon. I bought a cheap little Canon point and shoot in 2007 and it still works to this day, even though it runs on rechargeable AA batteries. I bought the Nikon because I didn't want to haul around a pile of AA batteries on all my trips, but maybe I should've just stuck with my Canon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice images, February 7, 2013
I loved the quality of images with this Nikon, but after about a year and a half it broke and would not turn on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible images.., January 1, 2013
This camera sucks..I had such a hard time getting it to NOT be blurry or messed up. I just gave up and started using my Iphone and Ipad for pictures. They came out so much better then this thing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›