4.0 out of 5 stars Performs Well Underwater
We took the camera snorkeling in Hawaii. It took great photos. It is easy to use and no water entered the camera. It is really sealed up well. The only shortcoming I see, is that the screen was hard to see underwater - so you were really pointing in a general area and shooting.
Published 21 months ago by SGS

1.0 out of 5 stars not so waterproof
I bought it for my daughter and her family for Christmas, we just go to use it at a pool party and it got water in it and screen is haywire when its comes on. Of course I ordered it to long ago to return here so hoping Nikon will do something about it.
Published 9 months ago by Debra L. Heitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs Well Underwater, March 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S31 10.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 720p HD Video (Blue) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
We used it hard in the Philippines. Worked well and no problems at all. A great camera for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, December 12, 2013
After researching MANY waterproof digital cameras, I finally went with this one and was not disappointed. I bought this camera to use not only for snorkeling and underwater adventures, but also just to take pictures at the beach and in the pool. It works really well - a huge improvement from the disposable underwater cameras that I used to buy for vacations. I used it for a week straight in the Cayman Islands and did not experience any issues at all. The underwater pictures were very bright and clear for the most part. I even used it to capture some pictures of a sunset and the colors in the sky came out beautifully. I read some reviews where people complained that it did not take good pictures at night. I did not use this camera at night so I cannot comment on this, however I would not let that deter you since the purpose of this camera is mainly for underwater daytime use. To keep this camera working properly, I took the advice of other reviewers and made sure I rinsed the camera off in fresh water after being in the ocean or pool every day. It's also important to keep sand away from the camera to avoid any jams in the trigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great camera!!!!, August 9, 2013
I purchased this for my six year old grand daughter for her birthday...... She loves it and so do I.... Well worth the money..... Easy to use and great pictures....

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect camera for the money!, September 6, 2013
Jessica (Clay, NY, US) - See all my reviews
After reading and reviewing a million cameras, I decided on this one for an upcoming trip to Europe. I was very skeptical, as I knew once I purchased one and took it on the trip there was no turning back. We had some sea-side escapes planned and I wanted to be able to bring a waterproof camera into the water while we were swimming and snorkeling. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure the calm, crystal blue Aegean Sea may have been a factor in how well the underwater pictures turned out, but these came out better than some other camera reviewer's photos taken in a pool! We didn't take many night-time shots, so I can't comment on that, but day time, underwater, and pics while the camera was wet came out crystal clear. Would definitely recommend this camera to anyone. Side note: in 3 weeks' time I only had to charge the camera once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the little photographer!, October 25, 2013
This camera was a reward for my six year old's great behavior. It is amazing. Easy to use, works well under water. The picture quality is great. It is the perfect transition camera from a toy camera to an adult camera. My daughter enjoyed putting cartoon frames around her pictures. I recommend it to any parent who is looking for a camera for their photographer in training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for me, November 15, 2013
Bought it for our underwater excursions, and it is very good for the price. good pics under water for a layman, not photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for the price, November 14, 2013
Exactly what I wanted and am very well satisfied with the camera and price paid is with in my price range

5.0 out of 5 stars If you live near water or have a pool, buy it!, September 5, 2013
We bought this camera for the summer because we happen to have a season pass to a water park in Orlando. This thing takes great pictures and perfect for any water activity.

This product is highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix, May 24, 2013
I like the waterproof housing and it's ease of use. The display is a bit hard to see in bright sunlight.