Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on March 27, 2013
We took the camera snorkeling in Hawaii. It took great photos. It is easy to use and no water entered the camera. It is really sealed up well. The only shortcoming I see, is that the screen was hard to see underwater - so you were really pointing in a general area and shooting.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
After researching MANY waterproof digital cameras, I finally went with this one and was not disappointed. I bought this camera to use not only for snorkeling and underwater adventures, but also just to take pictures at the beach and in the pool. It works really well - a huge improvement from the disposable underwater cameras that I used to buy for vacations. I used it for a week straight in the Cayman Islands and did not experience any issues at all. The underwater pictures were very bright and clear for the most part. I even used it to capture some pictures of a sunset and the colors in the sky came out beautifully. I read some reviews where people complained that it did not take good pictures at night. I did not use this camera at night so I cannot comment on this, however I would not let that deter you since the purpose of this camera is mainly for underwater daytime use. To keep this camera working properly, I took the advice of other reviewers and made sure I rinsed the camera off in fresh water after being in the ocean or pool every day. It's also important to keep sand away from the camera to avoid any jams in the trigger.
on May 5, 2013
We used it hard in the Philippines. Worked well and no problems at all. A great camera for the price.
on December 16, 2013
Great under water camera, just make sure after taking pictures under water that you wipe the water off the front lens so that your above water pictures do not get a blur spot in the middle of the picture. I learned this the hard way!
on August 9, 2013
I purchased this for my six year old grand daughter for her birthday...... She loves it and so do I.... Well worth the money..... Easy to use and great pictures....
on September 5, 2013
We bought this camera for the summer because we happen to have a season pass to a water park in Orlando. This thing takes great pictures and perfect for any water activity.

This product is highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon January 22, 2014
My daughter wanted a camera. "A real one," she specified. I wasn't about to get her a film camera, and I wanted something small and tough that took decent pictures. After months of research, this was the winner.

It took her only a couple of days before she had gotten the hang of taking good pictures (even using a tripod when warranted), and she has since moved on to the camera's fancier features — animated slideshows, special effects like "mirrored" images, and the like. I would never have selected the camera for these abilities, but she loves them all.

The camera isn't perfect; it's impossible to create a slideshow except by showing all the pictures taken on a particular date. Some functions are oddly greyed-out and can't be selected. Others can be selected but don't do anything (the faux-tilt-shift in particular). But the camera is in all other respects so excellent that I'm giving it five stars.
on October 25, 2013
This camera was a reward for my six year old's great behavior. It is amazing. Easy to use, works well under water. The picture quality is great. It is the perfect transition camera from a toy camera to an adult camera. My daughter enjoyed putting cartoon frames around her pictures. I recommend it to any parent who is looking for a camera for their photographer in training.
on September 6, 2013
After reading and reviewing a million cameras, I decided on this one for an upcoming trip to Europe. I was very skeptical, as I knew once I purchased one and took it on the trip there was no turning back. We had some sea-side escapes planned and I wanted to be able to bring a waterproof camera into the water while we were swimming and snorkeling. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure the calm, crystal blue Aegean Sea may have been a factor in how well the underwater pictures turned out, but these came out better than some other camera reviewer's photos taken in a pool! We didn't take many night-time shots, so I can't comment on that, but day time, underwater, and pics while the camera was wet came out crystal clear. Would definitely recommend this camera to anyone. Side note: in 3 weeks' time I only had to charge the camera once.
on May 11, 2014
I got it in the US and gave it as a gift to my daughter in India. She can't just go to a shop and mailing the thing back is too difficult and pricey. So when it jammed on the first try (lens reading message just said Lens Jammed or something like that), we contacted Nikon for assistance. Their suggestion didn't work. Now it's a nice lump of plsatic, glass and a little bit of metal and it never took a picture. Piece of junk with no customer service to speak of.