4,291 of 4,351 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Review Written for Beginner Photographers
I am a photography teacher in NYC and online. (See my Amazon profile for my website.) I teach beginner and intermediate photography students every week. I've also been a professional photographer for the last five years with images published in The New York Times, GQ, New York Magazine, Women's Wear Daily, The New York Observer, The Village Voice and Time Out New...
Published on October 12, 2011 by jpullos

1.0 out of 5 stars Major issue with some D5100
The D5100 was a great camera for about 5 months. All of a sudden images where black. I called support and they had me fix it with a camera reset it worked. Two months goes by and the same issue again This time "reset" does not work. Other have had the same issues on the boards and Nikon support did not fix it when the camera was sent for repair. The Camera could be great...
Published on December 5, 2011 by THanley100

‹ Previous | 147 48 4985 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera!, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Nikon D5100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens (OLD MODEL) (Camera)
This camera is just the camera that my husband and I were wanting! We wanted a camera that would take good pictures and video of our one year old daughter, and it meets all of our expectations! It arrived well before we were expecting it to arrive, so we were able to start playing with it right away!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a very good camera,packaging was great, January 4, 2014
It is a very good camera,packaging was great. It is better then D3200 which has higher picture resolution.Will definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera and great price, January 3, 2014
researched Nikon DSLR's and have bought one at another store. this one is better and better price.
can't go wrong with Nikon brand. always great and reliable product. best camera's out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, January 3, 2014
Mike Rider (Cincinnati, Ohio, US) - See all my reviews
This is a great camera, easy to learn . This is the first Nikon I have owned and I am glad I bought it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, January 3, 2014
Barbara J. Manges (Roaring Spring, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Takes great pictures and love the special effects. Easy to use and would highly recommend. My first Nikon and very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera..., January 3, 2014
Good camera...I am a beginner and I really liked the camera and its features...need to still explore more about the camera....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 31, 2013
I've always owned Nikon cameras, bought this to upgrade from my Nikon D50. It has special effects that are fun to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D5100 review, December 29, 2013
The camera came quickly and every piece was wrapped. We were very impressed. The camera was for our son who went to Tanzania with his grandmother over Christmas. He knows a lot about cameras and was excited with his gift. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a camera!, December 28, 2013
I used to shoot with a Cannon AE1, but that was like the last decade! Ordered this as a Christmas gift to myself. What a camera! Now all I have to do is learn how to shoot good pictures with it. Maybe some day I'll get a different lens, but for now, it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT!, December 27, 2013
I just love the camera! I was about to buy the new D5300 but at the end I decided to go with this one because of the price difference. It was a great buy.

‹ Previous | 147 48 4985 | Next ›