Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon Coolpix L22 12.0MP Digital Camera with 3.6x ..." and save 23% off the $129.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
2-Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Nikon Coolpix L22 12.0MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Silver)
|Price:||$129.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- 12.0 megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 3.6x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens (37mm to 134mm); bright 3.0-inch LCD
- Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector; capture 640 x 480 movies with sound at 30fps
- 3-way VR Image Stabilization System
- EXPEED Image Processing; Smart Portrait System
There is a newer model of this item:
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230,000|
|Effective Still Resolution||12 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, Auto gain ISO 80-1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 1.1 x 3.86 inches|
|Item Weight||0.4 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||5 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.1 - F6.7|
|Maximum Focal Length||134 mm|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,000|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||37 mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||12.1 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Processor Description||Expeed C2|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.05 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||2 x AA batteries (Alkaline, NiMH or Lithium)|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
- 12.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 3.6x Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range from 37mm to 134mm telephoto coverage that gets you close to the action while capturing expansive landscapes
- Big, Bright 3.0-inch LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with a wide-viewing angle and anti-glare coating
- Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector simplifies your picture-taking experience by letting the camera automatically select the best setting to get great picture
- High Quality TV Movies with Sound records 640x480 at 30fps movies for easy in camera playback or on your computer
- 3-way VR Image Stabilization System
1. Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
2. Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for cameras hake and subject movement
3. Nikons original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
- ISO up to 1600 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System includes:
1. Smart Portrait Mode makes sure youll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles.
2. Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
3. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again
4. Face-Priority AF Nikons face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 3 faces
- AA Batteries for ease of mind with long battery life plus easy, anywhere replacement
- 16 Scene Modes
- Macro shooting as close as 2
- 5 Color Options for special filter effects. Choose from: standard color, vivid color, black-and-white, sepia and cyanotype
- EXPEED Image Processing ensures
From the Manufacturer
Make memories and share joy with Nikon's new high-resolution Coolpix L22 and its 12.0 effective megapixels, 3.6x zoom and huge, bright 3.0-inch LCD. Nikon's 3-way VR Image Stabilization System automatically detects subject movement and adjusts the shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and minimize image blur. The camera's Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector simplifies your picture-taking experience by letting camera automatically select the best setting to get great pictures. Nikon's Smart Portrait System will; fix red-eye, detect faces, fire the shutter when your subject smiles and warn you if they blink, to get you great portraits.
Carefree operation and high performance combined for consistently great pictures
Combining the precision optics of a Nikkor lens with the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept, the Coolpix L22 is a quality compact digital camera that combines high performance with outstanding operating ease.
Intuitive and automated operation ensures carefree command over the high performance features of the Coolpix L22. Activated in Easy Auto Mode, Nikon's Scene Auto Selector makes capturing special moments as easy as turning on the camera and shooting without worrying about any settings. Electronic VR image stabilization, Motion Detection, Nikon's BSS (Best Shot Selector) function and ISO 1600 capability help ensure sharper results in lower light, or when capturing fast-moving subjects.
The Coolpix L22 is powered by AA size/R6 batteries, for the added advantage of being able to pick up a new set in virtually any corner of the world. The Coolpix L22 provides reassuring freedom from any worries about recharging or running out of power when a special shutter chance presents itself.
The large high-resolution 3-inch LCD monitor offers a bright image that is a pleasure to view, even outdoors. Controls are sized and placed to ensure intuitive operation. For example, dedicated buttons on the back of the body make it easy to switch between shooting and playback modes. And the contours of the large thumb rest and the body itself assure a solid grip. Design is just one aspect of the Coolpix L22 that combines beauty and functionality.
Nikon Coolpix L22 Feature Highlights
EXPEED digital imaging technology
Nikon's smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon's comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography.
Intelligent automation contributes to carefree shooting
Easy Auto Mode simplifies photography by taking control of settings; just turn on the camera and shoot freely. Activated in Easy Auto Mode, Nikon's Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, making it faster and easier to capture the moment in beautiful fashion. The Coolpix L22 and L21 use this intelligent function to analyze the subject and its surrounding settings and automatically select the most appropriate scene mode to achieve optimal results.
* The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimize each image.
Automatically detecting as many as 12 faces in the shot, Face-priority AF helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smart Portrait Mode* helps to faithfully record precious moments by automatically releasing the shutter when the subject smiles. Blink Warning displays an alert when it suspects that a subject has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
*The Smart Portrait Mode function for the Coolpix L22, L22 and L21 operates in the same fashion as the Smile Mode function for other models.
Nikon Coolpix L22 Other Features
- Macro shooting from as close as 5 cm (2 in.)
- ISO 1600
- 16 scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Two movie modes with sound
- Approx. 19 MB of internal memory
- LR6/L40 (AA-size) alkaline batteries x2
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- AN-CP19 Strap
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
Pro's: price, simple to use, slips right into you shirt pocket or purse, very good pictures, bright LCD (sorry Kodak), uses AA batteries, good video.
Con's: none! I highly recommend this camera.
The only con is that there are many possible settings and most of them are pretty specific. If you get the wrong setting, then pictures will look odd (strange colors or incorrect focus). However, these were very specific situations (like the aquarium) and once I figured out which setting to use, it works great.
This camera has numerous features and settings. The navigation between settings is pretty intuitive, and the instruction manual has lots more ideas too. It has good video capability for capturing something in a video file when you don't have a camcorder handy. You don't need special software to upload photos from this camera - I have a card reader in my computer to do all that.
The camera does a good job conserving battery life. We use rechargeable AA batteries without any problems for hundreds of photos per charge. It's compact and fairly lightweight, and it fits into a shirt pocket with ease.
The large screen makes reviewing photos easy, and deleting ones from the camera is simple with just a touch of a button plus an "are you sure?" question to keep you from potentially erasing something in error.
The 3.6x optical zoom is an improvement over the previous Nikon Coolpix we had, so this is now the favorite camera in my home! If you've had a Coolpix in the past and are thinking about getting a newer version, definitely do it! You'll find the operations and menu choices very similar to what you're used to, but with added improvements that you'll appreciate.
We've not had any problems with the battery cover on this camera or the previous Coolpix cameras we still own. If you break the battery cover, it's time for a new camera, unfortunately. But it's very sturdy and reliable, so we've never worried about it much.
The camera takes nice pictures and is a very good price for a 12 megapixel camera. There is a large view screen, which is also a plus.
However, there are two major downsides to the camera that I wish I would have known before purchasing:
1) It uses AA batteries -- NOT a rechargeable battery pack. This actually makes the camera more expensive in the long run, since you need to constantly purchase AA batteries. It also makes the camera wider than battery-pack cameras since there has to be room for batteries. Hence, a camera that doesn't fit in your pocket as well as other models
2) After hitting the shutter button, it takes a LONG time for the camera to actually take the picture. So being out at the bar, everyone has to wait a LONG time holding their smiles... almost uncomfortably long. So this camera is not recommended for use at sporting events where you are trying to capture fast-action motion
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Buttons a little small, for even a small size hand with skinny fingers.Published 21 days ago by Richard Miesel
For a cheaper camera this takes beautiful pictures.
There are many different shooting mode options to choose from. Read more
very cheap...I got just what I deserved...The battery wouldn't stay in and I had to use tape to keep it together.Published 2 months ago by KC
If you are serious about taking pictures or even just want good pictures in general, this is not a very good camera. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Gracie