5.0 out of 5 stars New to photography? You must have this.
There is no assumed knowledge with this book and I found that extremely helpful. Most people buying a D300s have some sort of background in photography. I did not, but knew I loved it and didn't want to waste money on cameras building up to this one. This book will take you from dummy to semi-pro in no time.
Published on April 14, 2010 by Toby Keathley

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK Guide but there are better
This Dummies Guide is Okay but there are better guide books. The Nikon D300 Digital Field Guide by J. Dennis Thomas also available from Amazon gives a getter overall view of the Nikon D300 DSLR
Published on April 27, 2012 by Texas Skunk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars New to photography? You must have this., April 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
I have a more expensive tutorial book for my D300s but this book is easier to read and contains more practical advice, easily understood without wading through a lot of extra verbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is easy to read, while the subject is highly technical. The pictures are very clear and extremely helpful to understand the subject matter.The purpose of the book is to teach a newcomer how to use the camera and the order of the chapters follows that of a user when familarizing himself with the equipment. In my personal judgement the book achieves its purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than just the D300s manual, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
Some of these books are just a rewrite of the manual. This one goes considerably further and explains the pro's and con's of various settings with plenty of very well illustrated advice (like what settings to use on a rainy day). There are pictures everywhere. This book is pretty encyclopedic as well as friendly. If you are not an expert then this book is definitely a worthwhile investment, as you will see why you might need this or that setting, and on the D300s there are a huge number of them.
The only disadvantage of this book is that it doesn't fit into your pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dummies., August 8, 2013
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
As the name implies this is a book for people that have no knowledge whatsoever of a camera. For anyone with even a little idea of photography, this book is way too simple. I was looking for a book that would explain in detail more about the menu items and how how to navigate them. It's hard to find a book that talks about the menus in depth. This book really skims over a lot of topics, but doesn't really go too in depth on any of them. I gave the book 5 stars because it was a good book for people without a clue. I won't bring the score down just because I am already too advanced for most of this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you know anything about photography get a more advanced book., March 2, 2013
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
I just wanted this as I do not have the manual for my cam. But this book is more about photography and less about my camera. Get a more advanced book unless you don't know anything about photography. I should have thought about that before I bought this.

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK Guide but there are better, April 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, November 29, 2010
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
My husband bought this for me along with my 300s. I love it. It's well-written and organized. The pictures are very helpful - and there's lots of them. I used this book when I first got the camera to thouroughly go through it - menu option by menu option. I still refer to it when I need to do something out of the ordinary.

3.0 out of 5 stars There are better books, June 13, 2010
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
There are better books written by experts in a language that makes the process of learning the camera in an easier way.
I recently purchased a D300s and decided to buy the book for my Kindle. I found it boring and a slow read - not enough explanation as to how and why's of the various modes and intracasies of the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, June 27, 2010
mbs (Tampa Bay, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D300s For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book before buying a D300s. It made me realize what a great camera the D300s is. After purchasing it I followed it closly and have taken some wonderful pictures.
I would recommend this book to anyone that is considering the purchase of this dslr, or anyone that feels a need to brush up on their skills.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nikon D300s For Dummies
Nikon D300s For Dummies by Julie Adair King (Paperback - January 7, 2010)
$29.99 $21.45