Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 106 questions
votes
ours was a USA .. Marv ..
Nov 29, 2014 by Marvin J. Market
votes
Believe this is the USA one as it's shipped and sold from amazon - that being said price is dropping cause of the d810
Aug 20, 2014 by Jason Boerner
votes
What I received was US.
Aug 20, 2014 by JS
votes
This camera is a massive improvement over those. It is full frame, so the dynamic range (light vs shadow) will be leaps forward. Not to mention the incredible resolution of the D800. I had the d7000 and the d800 has truly been my first "real" professional camera. You will notice the difference.
Jul 9, 2014 by David O'Brien
votes
Almost any Nikon lens will work on this camera. I believe the lens you're inquiring about is a DX lens, which means the sensor will crop. It will still work, but you'll get less picture. If you already own this lens, fine. If you don't, you'd be better off getting a full-frame FX lens.
Jun 11, 2014 by TravelPhotog
votes
Anh, please don't take this the wrong way - but if you don't know the difference between FX and DX, this camera is likely WAY too much camera for you. To answer your question directly, it relates to the sensor size of the camera. An FX camera has a sensor the same size of a 35mm slide would have. A DX is roughly half this size. There are advantages and disadvantages to each - but while FX is the future, they tend to be on loaded cameras. Without know what you like to shoot, I'd nonetheless recommend a Nikon 7200 with an 18-200 VR lens to get you "into the game". Minimal investment, maximum return, and not so much that if you DO decide to migrate to FX in the future, it won't have been financially a hit.
Jun 9, 2014 by Bill Oakes
votes
I used my D800 to supplement a friend's wedding shot by others. I think they were using D300s, and was surprised they were lower end Nikons for something like a wedding. I love the amount of detail I get--I bought the 24-120 F4 due to cost considerations and an extensive test done by Photography Life. The lens does have slight vignetting which was aware of from the review but I don't mind. I don't recall any focusing issues in the dark reception but the file size eats chip space. You can go to DX for a smaller file size, but why would you do that with a full frame sensor. I bought the camera mainly for better detail for product work for offset printing. The quality in my opinion is equal to 2 1/4" film that is drum scanned for offset printing.
Jun 6, 2014 by Michael F. W. Jamison
votes
My Nikon D800 takes amazing landscape photos. I've never owned a Nikon D700, so no clue with that one...
May 27, 2014 by Joseph Tran
votes
I was not aware that the D800 was not recommended for sport shoots. I can't comment on that issue since I never shoot sport events. Sorry. Gilbert.
May 19, 2014 by Gilbert C. Pogany
votes
As far as i know there is no "oil" issue with the D800, but rather the D600. Which has been replaced by the D610. I love my D800 and highly recommend it.. I hope this helps, Scott
May 19, 2014 by Scott D. Koukal
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers