5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Outfit - Nikon D7000 Essential Gadget Bag
I recommend this great bag for getting the things with you that you need, . I have my D7000 with attached neck strap, with attached Nikkor 18mm to 200mm zoom lens and ready to go in it including attached lens hood! It's sideways ready to grab. It's possible because you can rearrange the section dividers (velcro held).

I also carry the 50mm 1.8D AF (in its...
Published on April 22, 2011 by Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite enough protection
Published on January 29, 2011 by brodone

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite enough protection, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Nikon Deluxe Digital SLR Camera Case - Gadget Bag (Electronics)
I got the deluxe SLR bag as part of a kit for my new D3100 camera. It does a pretty good job of holding the 3 lenses, filters, battery charger and extra battery etc. The padding did a good job of protecting the camera but I noticed that when I picked up the bag by the top handle, not the long strap, the inside of the bag was open at either end and you could see the camera through the ends. I am very leery of a case that is poorly sealed against dust and dirt and I tend to carry the bag by the top handle when I get in a situation where I want to keep the bag close and there is more activity ( and more chance of dust). It is comfortable to carry but I am shopping for a bag that can be completely closed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Outfit - Nikon D7000 Essential Gadget Bag, April 22, 2011

I also carry the 50mm 1.8D AF (in its protective bag; this lens is not part of the basic outfit, see nikond7000dslr org) which fits on top lengthwise with the zoom lens in its protective bag if desired.

The front side zipper compartment (protected by the top cover of the bag, so no water/spill can enter the compartment) contains my USB file transfer cable, the charger (I do not carry the 110V cord as the charger can directly plug into an outlet), the zoom lens protective bag with the rear cap and the AV (audio/video) cable (the camera does not come with the HDMI cable, at least my kit did not, and I probably would not use the AV cable). That still leaves plenty of room for additional `digital film' SD cards.

The release shutter remote (not part of the basic outfit) and the viewfinder cover are in the inside zippered net of the bag cover. I just haven't taken the time to attach the remote sleeve onto the neck strap.

The bag closes without being overfilled or any stress - I think this is the most important part of utilizing a bag... don't stuff twenty pounds into a 5 pound bag. When closing the bag cover, it fits around all openings snugly and protects the front zippered section in addition to the main camera compartment of water/spills. Some will like that and others might prefer to have access to the zipper without having to open the main compartment. There is no perfect compact bag that will make everyone happy, but no doubt Nikon took the path of best protection over convenience. It's a trade off.

On the outside of the bag is a small front zippered sleeve section (I have nothing in it, but SD cards would be ok in it) and there is a rear open sleeve in which I have carried the D7000 user manual which I may read when I have down time waiting for something and I am carrying my camera of course.

Overall the bag is of high quality and its purpose is to carry the necessities, not a photo lab. For that purpose, this bag is the best choice to get started, in my opinion.

I do not carry the camera bag at its top handle other than taking it from the house to the car, because the long carrying strap is more convenient and keeps the bag sealed at all times. Using the handle and depending on the weight inside, small gaps between the main bag compartment and the cover could potentially be an issue. I like the long shoulder strap. By using the shoulder strap this potential issue can be avoided.

Outstanding price for the quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars nikon bag, December 5, 2010
My daughter and I recently bought 2 Nikon d3000 cameras... we are both beginner photographers... she asked me to purchase a bag for our cameras.... I bought two of these bags.... and they are great...! good workmanship... Nice looking... made out of good materials and above all our cameras fit perfectly... there is plenty of space for accessories, cables, etc. there is also plenty of space for extra lens, batteries,manuals..
We highly recommend this bag... the price is fifty percent less as retailed in other stores...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, January 17, 2014
Bought this bag to go with a new D3200 and am very happy with the purchase. The bag has enough room for the DSLR, two lenses (one 18-55mm attached and a 55-200mm) and misc other small kit (filters, an extra battery and whatnot). The compartments are re-organize-able enough thanks to the velcro lined dividers and interior and the bag feels very sturdy with metal front buckles and a quality heft. Overall, extremely happy with the value of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved big for the same item, May 7, 2012
I got the same bag at Wal-Mart for double the price! I found it here, returned the bag to Wal-Mart and saved 50%!!!! The exact same camera bag! Proves you can always save money buying on line...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Bag, June 29, 2011
D. Baumwald (Gainesville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this bag shortly after ordering my D3100. Since I am just starting out, I don't have much to carry when I go mobile. This bag is perfect for my needs.

The outside of the bag is made mostly of heavy-duty Nylon. The look and feel immediately exudes protection. The bottom of the case has hard rubber feet to prevent slipping and protecting the bag covering itself from scuffs and such. Opening it up, the inside is very well padded. Included are four, hook-and-loop dividers of differing shapes and sizes. These are padded as well, and they easily, and securely, attached to the inside of the case at any position. Currently, I am only using three of the dividers. I have my D3100, with the 18-55mm kit lens attached, taking up roughly two-thirds of the available interior space. The remaining space is bifurcated, with a 55-300mm lens on one side, and a SB-700 on the other. This is a variation of the setup depicted in one of the Amazon product images. However, I am sure as my inventory of equipment grow, I will experiment with different configurations. Having the option to define the interior space was a huge plus in the decision to purchase this bag.

As for pocketed storage, a zippered, mesh pocket is underneath the top of the case. This, for now, holds some filters, extra lens caps, and some cleaning wipes. The large, zippered pocket in the front holds more cleaning wipes, battery charger, and flash accessories. Perhaps, this pocket could have improved by including some dedicated, fitted sleeves for extra memory cards, since there are none with this bag.

On the outside of the case, there are four more pockets. On the very top, there's a small, zippered pocket. For me, this only holds extra Eneloop batteries for the flash. On either end of the bag, there is a pouch pocket that's held closed with hook-and-loop. These pockets were difficult in determining their function. I recommend storing something tall and relatively thin. It's not easy to dig deep for something smaller inside these pockets, especially for someone with larger hands. Personally, I keep a USB cable in one and a remote shutter in the other.

Finally, on the back of the bag is one large pocket that is not secured or padded, and for these reasons, I tend to keep unimportant items inside it, like cleaning cloths or wipes. Another suggestion was to use it for manuals or something similar. This seems like a logical use, and it would work well for that purpose.

Summing up, this is a very high-quality product for the price, considering the manufacturer. It's customizable for individual needs and of a perfect size for the casual photographer or beginner. I can carry everything I need, so long as I've planned appropriately, and there's no worry about the security of my valuable investments inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, real nice bag for my Nikon, December 28, 2013
I like it the moment I got it. It fits my Nikon D3200 with its 55mm lens and the 55-200mm telephoto lens too, plus there is space for more things, including my little Nikon pocket camera. And it arrived fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection for my DSLR, March 3, 2011
a very good protection carrying case for my DSLR. With enough space inside to fits in my battery , chargers and also extra lens. Highly recommended. Nice and inexpensive

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Good Looks, June 24, 2011
J. Larson (Rhinelander, Wi. United States) - See all my reviews
I have owned numerous camera bags, mainly Lowepro, which are high quality. This Nikon bag compares favorably. It exudes Nikon. I just wish it was about 2" larger all the way around. I can get my Nikon with lens, zoom lens and flash in but it's a tight fit. Overall I would highly recommend this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars but I'm glad because everything fits perfectly, July 8, 2014
A lot larger than I anticipated, but I'm glad because everything fits perfectly! I have a Nikon D3200 with 2 lenses, and this bag holds them both with only a little room to spare. It also came with moveable velcro dividers, so each lens and the camera itself are protected from bumping into each other. It has a front pocket that I put the Nikon D3200 manual in, and an inside pocket that fits the battery charger and cables. Perfect for traveling. Fast shipping, good price, only good things and 5 stars from me!

Rate and Discover Movies