Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 13, 2014
First, we absolutely love the camera. The camera, lens, camera bag, and all Nikon products are fabulous. The spare battery we received with the order was not actually a Nikon product, but instead a third-party. I was afraid of something like that happening, but the listing says "spare EN-EL14 battery". The battery DOES NOT WORK with the D5300. The camera returns an error saying: "This battery cannot be used. Choose battery designated for use in this camera." The camera will do nothing else with the third-party battery installed, so it is essentially useless. This doesn't inspire much confidence with the third-party extra battery charger, either, so we feel that both the extra battery charger and extra batter are useless. We are currently in the process of contacting the seller about this and hope we can reach some agreement about rectifying the situation.

The tripod received in the kit is OK, but probably not acceptable for anyone but beginners. The 64 GB SDxc card seems to perform well.

All in all, we probably wouldn't order this package again, but the extras may be worth it for some. The extras do feel a bit cheap, however, and it may be worth a little more money to buy more appropriate gear for an $1100 camera and lens package.
on January 17, 2014
Actually, it does clean! I don't know how but it can clean it's own image sensor.

My wife and I decided to move up from point-and-shoot to DSLR for more variety and ability to take pictures with a little more special effect and lighting. This camera is way more than we really needed but it has the ability to take video at up to 60 frames per second (analog broadcast speed) for realistic playback without the "jerkiness" of slower video capture speeds.

The camera body is small in my large hands but still comfortable. The feature buttons and mode dial are well placed and easy to use once you remember where they are. The ability to change lenses according to your intended purpose takes some getting used to but once you have, it gives you the ability to take great shots you would otherwise have missed while waiting for the traditional point-and-shoot camera to make up it's mind about focus and zoom.

The accessories that came with the camera are useful and of good quality, even though they are not manufactured by Nikon. The case that comes with it is a little small if you plan to add lenses and other accessories bu it would serve well if you take just what you need for a specific type of photo session.

I highly recommend both this camera and the seller. Great customer service and information!
on May 17, 2014
I've had this Camera / Lens combination for a few weeks, and I've only begun to unlock the potential. I was considering a wide range of DSLRs, to include Sony, Canon and Nikon. Full frame was a consideration, but the price point seems stretched and there has been considerable concern about Nikon's D600 which has also trickled over into the D610. Even the D7100 seemed to be a considerable jump in price for nominal feature enhancements.

The PKG Kit referenced above is from Cameta, and I could not find a better combination of price and add-ons, anywhere.

I would recommend that folks considering any purchase make sure they spend as much money on the lenses as they do on the body. Yes, you can pretty much pair anything with anything, but the entry-level lenses such as the Kit 18-55 or even the VR-1 55-300 Zoom may be less than a match for the D5300 or higher body. If you're considering the D7100 and base lenses, I'd pull back on the body and throw the extra money on the glass.

The 18-140 lens is great for walking around, and I have spent little time with the 70-300, so I hope to amend this review as time goes on. I have experimented with the Macro mode on the 18-140 and achieved some astounding results. Be sure to change your JPEG setting to FINE. I can't wait to process RAW images.

At ISO 6400 I have taken some excellent images with good detail and very reasonable noise in low-to-moderate light.

I have seen other reviews critical of certain Nikon lenses which, after starting to experiment, may simply be a depth-of-field issue. On AUTOMATIC, the camera takes some fantastic shots, but it guesses at some settings that are better controlled manually.

The camera display and menu functions are very intuitive, and I have been able to operate everything without even touching the manual.

So far, although my expectations were reasonably high, the combination of the 18-140 and 70-300 VR-II Lenses and this body have equaled or exceeded what I was hoping for.

This is a great bundle from Cameta, and you won't be disappointed.
on January 2, 2015
Despite its extreme similarity to last year's D5200, Nikon's D5300 is a solid step forward that combines excellent performance and a surprisingly robust feature set. Mirrorless cameras are more improving at a rapid pace these days, and it's clear Nikon is feeling the heat. The D5300 may look like the same old boring Nikon DSLR, but with WiFi, GPS, an AA-less 24-megapixel APS-C sensor, stellar video quality and control, and the traditional comfort of an optical viewfinder, the D5300 is a formidable market presence that puts all of Canon's sub-$1,000 offerings to great challenge.
on June 2, 2016
If you need this camera/lens, this is a great kit. The memory card is fast enough for this camera, including the highest resolution video the camera supports and 64GB is plenty for shooting one family event before downloading the video/photos to a computer. The battery is not worse then the one that comes with the camera. You would have two batteries with this kit which is useful when the first one runs out of juice. The bag is just the right size for the camera, lens and flash. The USB cable works as you would expect. The tripod is cheap but if you do not have a better one this one could be useful, too. A lot of value.
on March 23, 2016
Takes awesome pictures, you have to order lens separate on this package, I'm still learning the lens , this cameras has a lot of features, and I'm trying to learn about them, overall excellent pictures.
on April 27, 2014
Very good purchase, only external flash could be better quality, its made of cheap plastic, even have problems to change batteries.
on May 6, 2015
So far, so good. We are beginners so we can't tell too much yet, but, is definitely a good pack.
on January 11, 2015
No can get the flash to work don't
on March 31, 2016