5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal
This is a great package for the price. I am a new photographer and after spending countless hours researching all the different kits available this kit came with everything and more that I needed to start taking great pictures. Highly recommend for anyone just starting and looking for a kit that has it all.
Published on July 15, 2011 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not upto my expectation
I bought this camera with much fanfare. However i am quite disappointed with the clarity....esp of the 18-55 mm lens. In fact, my auto Sony 7.5MP digital camera's output seems to be clearer than this 16.2MP camera. Why? Is it that the lens is NOT OK? I am a first time buyer and have compared it to my friends ~24MP Nikon 3200, which is fabulously clear. Still I wonder how...
Published 14 months ago by Sue Sundram

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5100 16.2 MP Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm G VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens with 55-200mm VR Lens + 32GB Card + Case + (2) Filters + Remote + Tripod + Cleaning Kit (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful package! only 1 problem., May 17, 2012
This package is incredible and came in a timely fashion. The only issue I have had is with the remote. I could not get it to work with the D5100. In frustration I decided to read the fine print on the remote's box and saw though many other Nikon DSLR cameras were listed the D5100 was not on the list. Just a heads up. The remote is practically free with this package though and is still worth every penny. I am not too sure if they just put the wrong remote in my package or not, but again for 2 bucks I can purchase the correct remote. No biggie.

5.0 out of 5 stars New DSLR user, April 29, 2012
Everything arrived nicely as stated description from the order. Everything was well packed. The camera worked amazingly well. I didn't even have to use the flashlight at night. As the new beginner for DSLR, I probably wouldn't be able to describe all the technical detail about the camera. All I can say is, I wish I switch to it sooner if it weren't so pricy! The color was so crisp. The action mode was smooth with 4 frames/sec. The effects mode was fun to work with. The combination package was great for the beginner like me and it's a good deal as well. The only thing is it gets bothersome sometimes to haul this camera on a hike especially when you have to climb, but I have to say, it worth every moment because my picture from Zion National Park and Grand Canyon was amazingly beautiful. Now I have to finish the book "Nikon D5100 for Dummies" so I know how to use other modes instead of the preset one. I would say even though you don't know how to use manual mode, the preset one still great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Value and Customer Serevice, July 27, 2012
This is the second camera that I have purchased from Cameta Camera. Both were the Nikon 5100 and they did an outstanding job on packaging and follow up with my purchase(s). My first camera package that I ordered was in great shape. The camera bag itself had a manufacturer defect in the stitching where the fabric had not been stitched to the bag itself. I notified Cameta via email and in just a few minutes they replied back and sent me a new bag. This camera is used for personal use and the second camera package that I bought (different from the first package) is used for work. I did a ton of research online and on Amazon.com about the 5100 and the 3100. If you can afford the extra 150 or so dollars I would highly recommend the 5100 for what it has to offer. I did not think that I would use the swivel screen on the back of the camera and I find my self using it more and more. Both cameras were delivered before the promise date. The tripod is okay but I probably will not use it as I have a few heavy duty tripods. I probably will not use the card reader as my computers have a card reader already installed. I think for the money this is a good starter package.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first DSLR and am I ever pleased, January 6, 2012
John Treble (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This is my first DSLR so I have nothing to compare it to except my parade of PHD (Press Here Dummy) point-and-shoot cameras with barely adequate optics, etc.
First of all, look for a bundle when you can because there is no retailer that will come close to matching the prices.
I am very technical but still had to face the User's Manual because this camera is so sophisticated. I strongly recommend that new owners RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) before venturing out for a photo-shoot. I did and am glad to admit it.
I won't even try to comment of the technical specifications of this beauty, except to say it is far more camera than I will ever use, so I am happy to learn and grow into it slowly.
The loudest recommendation comes from my technophobe wife (the main user of the PHD point-and-shoot camera) because once I showed her a few of the D5100 features, she was out snapping away and composing some really beautiful shots (mostly while we vacationed in Napa Valley).

So if you can afford the step up from the D3100 and don't mind the slightly larger picture file size, this is an excellent choice in DSLR cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, August 21, 2011
I love it. Everything in this package is very nice and I recommend it. There was a cheaper version of this package, BUT the zoom lens didn't have VR so it made it quite difficult to take pictures at longer focal lengths. I say you invest a bit more and buy this kit instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars great camera, but elsewhere, October 30, 2012
camera is good, but items received from cameta camera are garbage. camera was ok, but lens was not. rattling inside lens tube. looked like someone was inside the lens, and this was supposed to be new. returned for replacement, no problem was the response from cameta camera, but I got the same lens back, with the same rattle. highly recommend the camera and kit, but buy elsewhere. I don't write reviews, but this horrible experience well deserves a horrible review.

5.0 out of 5 stars These STARS Hit the Mark, November 9, 2012
Like everyone else, I read all the reviews on both the 5100 and the Cannon. Seems like you can't go wrong with either one but the popularity leans towards the 5100.

We've owned point-and-shoots for way too long. We have Kids in soccer and a 3 yr old that doesn't sit still and were tired of crappy photos and missed memories. The 55-200 zooms into the farthest corners of the soccer fields and takes crisp in focus shots. Very impressed!

My biggest concern was low lighting quality. Living in Washington our dark days last for about 8 months LOL... This camera is perfect, Id say 90% of the photos taken just on Auto even in very low light rooms with just the built in flash turn out awesome. Was worried about user friendliness but this camera has been very easy to use and understand.

My wife has been using Adobe Lightroom to cleanup wedding photos for a professional photographer who has a expensive EOS Cannon with all the flashes and lights. Comparing the photos from our 5100 they are neck-in-neck on most photos. The saturation, crispness and quality are amazing, and take any photo into lightroom and they will blow your friends away.

If your still on the fence, I compared all the lenses, bundles and Cosco's deal and this Camera and Bundle came out on tops for what you get and the price (when I bought there was a $350 instant rebate from Manuf.). The quality of the equipment and camera has exceeded my expectations. Kudos to the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, July 10, 2012
The shipment came earlier than expected despite it falling on the week of the 4th of July. I got it just in time!

The camera works great and it brought everything it was supposed to. The price was cheaper compared to what other people have paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 17, 2012
Love the camera. Its user friendly and takes awesome pictures! I also love that it can take hd videos. Overall it was a great investment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›