5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic package!
I was absolutely amazed when the package showed up and I discovered all of the goodies inside in addition to the camera. Not only was there a 16GB memory card - as promised - but it was a 10 rated high speed card. The tripod was fabulous - nice lightweight portable tripod - didn't even know they made this type for travel.

Everything was top quality. Great...
Published on August 8, 2011 by Barton OBrien

2.0 out of 5 stars Camerta Camera needs to take care of their customers.
I was so excited to receive my new camera and began to use it right away. I use the camera for some work assignments out of town. I was unable to access the pop up flash and was unable to contact Cameta Cameras until I returned from my trip. It was 32 days after I received the camera. They told me they did not have a replacement camera and I needed to contact Nikon to...
Published 18 months ago by carol

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic package!, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5100 16.2 MP Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm G VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens with 16GB Card + Case + Filter + Tripod + Cleaning & Accessory Kit (Electronics)

Everything was top quality. Great package!

Highly, highly recommended doing business with these people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 28, 2012
This is a great bundle. Everything included was really great quality. I purchased this for our daughters 16 birthday and was very very pleased. Ordered on a wed and received it on that sat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D5100 camera with 18-55mm lens, March 21, 2012
Received camera on date as promised. After extended research, decided to go with the Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm lens since this camera seemed to have all the features that I wanted in a SLR system. Shortly after receiving the camera, had some problems with pictures being out of focus and subsequently found that was mainly due to operator error. A technical representative at Cameta Camera was very helpful in the diagnostic of this issue.

One thing I should mention that was not covered in any of the reviews I read, i.e. you need to use a HDMI cable (does not come with camera) when viewing pictures on a HD TV. The video cable that comes with it is a simple analog cable and you use loose a lot of picture clarity. Overall I think this is a great camera for a good price. Now looking to complement the dynamic range of this camera with a telephoto lens. You may also want to know that manual that comes with the camera is abreviated - the complete manual is on a disk in PDF file and is over 200 pages.

Loaded the software that came with the camera on the computer but have not had time to gain a lot of experience with it. While I am not a profession with cameras, I have owned cameras all my adult life starting with an Argus C-4 in 1956. The Nikon D5100 has an extra-ordinary number of features available for the user. As of this writing, all my pictures have been taken in the "auto" mode. However, it is easy to see that with some experience this camera is capable of creating some fantistic pictures even under the most adverse circumstances. Got a long way to go!! Have not used the movie part of the camera as of this writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first DSLR, August 6, 2012
It's been couple of years, I wanted to move out of my point-n-shoot camera to a DSLR. I had narrowed down my search to Canon T3i and Nikon D5100. After going through lot of reviews and videos on both, I decided to go for Nikon D5100. There isn't much of difference between the 2 products. But, the ones that made me go for Nikon D5100 is :
1. AF Nikor lens. Nikor lens is the best in class as far as my knowledge goes. Again, I prefer a lens with AF motor and not a camera with AF motor.
2. The camera size is appropriate for my hands. Its easy to hold and operate.
3. It gives me the best natural shots (per my knowledge on light) even in low light situations. But, the LCD on canon is better compared to Nikon. So,in the begining you might not feel too good looking at your shots in LCD.
4. Most of the functionalities on the camera are easy to access. You dont have to take your eyes off your object to actually make some of the small changes, like aperture.. iso..etc.. however, in canon its quite a task compared to nikon.
5. The lens is very quite compared to canon when taking shots.
6. I dont have much to write on this review as am no expert to talk more on the DSLR.. Am learning too. For anybody who's a beginner and looking to start off with a DSLR, NIKON D5100 would be the best choice. I love my Nikon D5100. It's been just 2months that I have had this camera and my experience with Nikon D5100 is getting better and better every time I use it. I have taken over 1000 shots. It just gets better and better with every shot.

Will keep writing more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Better than I could have imagined!, February 17, 2013
I received my package 4 days before the delivery date. Everything was packaged really well. Everything was brand new and the boxes were in perfect condition. Everything included in the bundle was much better quality then I had expected for the price. The camera bag included is a real Nikon bag, that I have seen sold elsewhere for around $60. The tripod is very sturdy and works great with this camera. The SD card is exactly as promised. The camera came in perfect condition and works perfectly. I would recommend this seller and this order to everyone.

***UPDATE****
I had an issue with one of the small items in the bundle. I think it was just defective and was a manufacturing problem, not Cameta Camera's fault. Cameta Camera on top of selling a great bundle of products, also has great customer service. I sent back the defective item and within 1-1.5 weeks, I received a brand new replacement!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO AWESOME!, January 11, 2013
My wife has begun her photography career using this Camera! Great photos and great features! Awesome kit! Changed her life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase! No regrets at all!, July 12, 2012
Although I haven't had much time to play around with the camera yet, I am in love with it! I am new to the DSLR world and wanted a camera that would both have room for me to grow while not being miles above my ability. Additionally, the kit it came with is great! Having all of those items right away is a huge benefit. Everything was included and is brand new! It arrived on time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing Camera, June 11, 2012
I absolutely love my new Nikon D5100. I received it just a couple of days before I took a trip with a bus full of genealogists to Ellis Island, Ground Zero and passing the Statue of Liberty. I didn't have much time to figure out how to use it but a woman in front of me had just received one for Christmas and the woman aside of me is a professional photographer. Just on that one trip I took over 200 pictures that ALL came out excellent.

Two days later I was on a plane to London for 8 days to visit my son & sister. Everything was absolutely breathtaking as this was my first time. My son was an excellent tour guide & on the first day he completely took over as the photographer for the whole trip. He loved my new camera as well! On this trip we took over 1,000 pictures. We were completely stunned that we had taken over 1,200 pictures total.

Next will be a concert to see Alan Jackson & I can't wait to be able to zoom up soooo close as to get a picture of just his face. Thank you Nikon for making this all possible.

I purchased this camera thru Amazon at a lower price than I could find anywhere else. They did not add all the extra's that came with my camers so this was a BONUS! I'll anxiously wait for the day when this camera comes in a pocket-size version. It was a little bulky carrying it around & I was so worried about banging it into something.

A true fan of the Nikon D5100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camerafan, April 12, 2012
Pashionate about digital photography, I recently upgraded from the Nikon D3000 to the D5100 and found this to be signficant imporvement. Image quality with the D5100 is outstanding and I like the low light capabilites of the CMOS sensor. While upgrading I needed a new memory card and cary bag. This package provided these plus an UV filter, and tripod for no more than the bag and memory card would cost seperatley. I have a tripod so I really didn't need a new one. It's not the strongest or steadiest, however, I really like it's compact size. I think I'll find I use it more than my previous one due to it's protablity. All in all, I'm very satisfied with this pruchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best package from Amazon ever!, February 10, 2012
This is my first time thinking about buying a DSLR camera,mainly for my upcoming college graduation this May. After doing extensive research online, I figured this Nikon D5100 package would fit my budget perfectly with literately everything I need around the camera. Although the shipping is a bit expensive, considering the FedEx tracking plus the fact that I don't have to pay any sales tax on Amazon, it is truly a unique buy and really saves me a lot of hassle. Everything included in this package works very well so far and I especially love the "Precision Design 57-In. Tripod" which makes it so easy for capturing still images. Thank you very much "Cameta Camera", you guys did a great job!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›