5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product! & The trick to work with a D5100
Hopefully this review will help everyone buying this battery for a D5100.
First off, this is a great product and works like a charm if you know how to "trick" the camera into thinking it is an OEM battery.
THIS BATTERY IS NOT MEANT TO COMPLETELY REPLACE THE NIKON BRAND D5100 BATTERY.

First get a Battery Grip for the D5100, I know it may cost $20-$30,...
Published on May 26, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not Work on a NIKON 3100
While this is a great price Nikon has a built in feature that will not recognize these after market battery. Item should be removed from Amazon because it does not work. I purchased two for my Nikon D3100 and could not get them to work.
Published on May 2, 2012 by Pwruser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product! & The trick to work with a D5100, May 26, 2012
Hopefully this review will help everyone buying this battery for a D5100.
THIS BATTERY IS NOT MEANT TO COMPLETELY REPLACE THE NIKON BRAND D5100 BATTERY.

First get a Battery Grip for the D5100, I know it may cost $20-$30, but in the end you will save a lot of $$. Once you get the battery grip, put in your Nikon branded battery. The camera will then do a handshake with the camera as indicated by the blink(ing) of the green LED by the navigation pad to the right of the screen. Once this is done, DO NOT REMOVE the OEM BATTERY! Insert the generic battery (fully charged) into the battery grip. Upon doing so you can swap out your NIKON brand OEM battery with another of these generics. IF THE CAMERA ever loses complete battery power you WILL have to reinsert the Nikon OEM battery and do the process over. If you think that might be a pain, its not. It is a matter of seconds to do.

I went on a week vacation with 4 of these, and not once lost power to my camera and over 3,000 pictures later still have yet to loose power and start over again. You will not be dissatisfied with this product if you follow my instructions.

If you liked this review please "Like" it.

I also bought the batteries from BestDealUSA not the other guy(s).

The battery grip I used, recommended to not get a different result (so it works the way I say it does).
Neewer Multi-Power Vertical Battery Grip Hand Pack for Nikon DSLR D5100 EN-EL14

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not Work on a NIKON 3100, May 2, 2012
This review is from: for Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery DSLR (Camera)

5.0 out of 5 stars They work with my D5100 but there is a trick, March 29, 2012
They will work but you have to fool the camera body into thinking that they are Nikon batteries. You do this by purchasing a "battery power grip" connect it to the bottom of the camera load your nikon battery in and turn on. Then add one of these batteries in the empty battery slot (there are 2 slots total); then remove the nikon battery and put another one of these battteries in its place. For under $15 dollars you have replaced a $50+ nikon battery which you would keep on hand as a backup when the other batteries are discharged. I am running with 4 aftermarket batteries and one nikon battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work properly for the equipment advertised. Should be pulled from Amazon., April 27, 2012
Simply does not work.

There is a review here about "fooling your camera". 5 stars if you have to buy extra hardware and play a trick to make it work?! And what is different about this battery that makes it not work out of the box, and might it cause damage to the camera that is fooled?

I'm also in the "you get what you pay for - lesson learned" category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the Battery Grip, May 10, 2012
Nelson (BRONX, NEW YORK United States) - See all my reviews
I have the D5100 battery grip by meike, these batteries work great. I can have the original in or out and the camera works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Newer Nikons Reject It, July 2, 2012
While newer Nikons, including my D5100, will reject this item, it works well with my video light and arrived quickly after ordered.

If you're using custom firmware, you probably won't run into the OEM verification I did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good seller but batteries did not work on P7000, February 1, 2012
I suspect the seller will change the description or do something with the batteries to make it work with Nikon P7000. I ordered two and neither were recognized by Nikon P7000. Problem most likely is not with battery cells but with Nikon not playing nice with non-OEM batteries (i.e. embedded recognition chip in the genuine Nikon stuff not found in off-brands ...) Until the fix is found, I don't recommend getting these for P7000, for now. P7000 was updated with latest firmware update version 1.2 prior to inserting the batteries.

Seller was nice enough to refund the shipping charge too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Nikon D5100???, June 1, 2013
Product has the same model #, look, and size profile as the batteries in my D5100 but when I put them in after fully charging them with my Nikon charger, my camera shows an incompatibility error message "This battery cannot be used. Choose battery designated for use in this camera."

This is not bad feedback about the seller, only about the product not working properly. Seeking exchange for a Nikon branded replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, October 22, 2012
I purchased this battery as a back up for my Nikon D3200. After I charged the battery and inserted it into my camera an error message popped up alerting me that this battery would not work in my camera. Although the D3200 does take an EN-EL14 li-Ion battery, this one was not compatible to my camera. Then I had to return it, and pay the postage for returning it! I would have given it a minus star rating, but not an option. I had to rate it in order to post, so I gave it the lowest possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on D3100, October 19, 2012
The batteries arrived earlier than originally expected. However, only one charges. The other one won't hold a charge, no matter how long I keep it on the charger. And you do have to use a battery grip to "trick" the D3100 into believing this is a legit OEM battery. I've contacted the vendor, and am waiting for resolution. If they are able to replace the defective unit, I will gladly up to 5 stars.

EDIT: I have contacted the vendor, and they replaced the one defective unit with a working one. Again, this still won't work directly with a Nikon D3100/5100, unless you use the battery grip trick.