5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery
I purchased this to have a backup for when I was conducting long shoots. I have found that I typically do not use both batteries on most shoots. Actually, I've found that I will fill up 40gb worth of SDHC cards before I switch out batteries when I'm shooting RAW+JPG on my Nikon D7000.

Published on June 27, 2011 by Robert Denton

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe these batteries may be counterfeit
I own a photographic agency and we own six Nikon D800 cameras. We also own 24 Nikon OEM EN-EL15 batteries.

I bought two of these batteries from Amazon via a store called "Kellards" for in car use at the Daytona 24 Hour race. The batteries came in OEM appearing packaging.

Both batteries have failed in less than a month of use. 24 batteries and...
Published 9 months ago by Michael Stahlschmidt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Nikon EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select DSLR Cameras (Retail Packaging) (Electronics)

Nikon gives a couple of different ratings for how many shots you can get on a full charge with this battery.

Testing according to the CIPA standard show this battery can take 1,050 shots on a single charge. Under these test conditions the room temperature is 73.4 degrees Fahrenheit (+/- 3.6 degrees). A Nikon 18-105mm lens is used. The focus is moved from infinity to minimum focus and a shot is taken every 30 seconds. The on board Speedlight flash is fired every other shot. This does not use live view.

Nikon's own test conditions yield much better numbers per charge. At 68 degrees Fahrenheit with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens and an image quality of JPG basic, medium. The shutter release is pressed halfway down and the focus is cycled from infinity to minimum range three times. Six shots are taken in a burst at 1/250 of a second shutter speed. The LCD monitor is then turned on for five seconds then turned off. This is repeated once the exposure meter has turned off.

Nikon's own test conditions yielded approximately 4,500 shots per charge.

This truly incredible. I have easily taken more than 800 to 1000 shots on a charge. A big part of the number of shots I get is how much I review them on the LCD. This is the largest drain of power.

Even though this battery has an amazing life, I would suggest picking up a second. If you have two batteries you should be able to charge both the night before a big shoot and then when you swap them out, place the empty one on the charge. In about 2.5 hours, the empty battery will be refreshed. If you are not shooting 800 photos in 2.5 hours, you should be fine. If you are shooting that many photos or anywhere close to it, you should consider having two or three spare batteries and a Nikon MB-D11 Multi-Power Battery Pack that takes AA batteries in a jam.

Overall, I would recommend you purchase at least one spare to keep in your bag. Its great to have when you need it and there is nothing more disappointing than not being able to take photos when the moment happens.

-Cheers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Believe these batteries may be counterfeit, February 26, 2014

Both batteries have failed in less than a month of use. 24 batteries and only these two batteries (we date and mark every battery purchase with labels on the bottoms of each battery) stopped working in less than a month and after TWO charges cycles! TWO. Both will not take a charge and completely have stopped working. Dead. Zero power.

As, noted, we have 22 other OEM Nikon EN-EL-15's that have never had an issue in 12-20 months, with 50-120 charges each, I am heavily inclined to believe these are counterfeit. No proof, but we've been shooting with Nikon for a decade plus and have owned over 150 camera batteries and 600+ Nikon OEM batteries and have never had a problem. Having one fail, ok, rare but possible. Having ONLY these two batteries fail, both from the same supplier, has be firmly believing something isn't right with these specific batteries.

Now, to make thing worse, I went to return these today, and surprise, I am 3 days outside my return window.

Not happy with Kellards or Amazon, and I will be writing Amazon customer service immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, May 16, 2011
Bought this to have a back up battery for our two week trip to Greece. Ended up forgetting the battery that originally came with the camera and had only this one. Only had to recharge it once during our trip and we took approximately 1500 photos and 2 HD videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows away the EN-EL3e, March 1, 2011
It's a battery so there's not too much to say, although this battery has enormous performance gains over the D90's EN-EL3e, I'm rockin' two of these suckers in my D7000 and I don't know when I'll actually need to charge them again since they've barely gone down at all after a week of heavy usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon D7000 DSLR, August 22, 2011
CK in VA "Carl" (Central Virginia) - See all my reviews
Out of the box:
Genuine Nikon packaging with Nikon holograph sticker. In the box, genuine Nikon battery (with hologram sticker), plastic contact protector and instructions. Battery comes partially charged, as most do. Charges and holds the same charge as the battery that comes with the camera. Box says Cell: made in Japan and Pack: assembled in China.

Recommendation:
You can probably get another battery from a 3rd party a lot cheaper. But remember, there have been battery recalls on similar batteries, even by Nikon. I am going to stick with the Nikon brand until it's time to replace these. Then I'll look for a bargain. I also recommend that you should always have a second battery charged and available when the one in your camera dies. For obvious reasons.

Bottom line:
Yes, spend the cash now and go 3rd party later. Some will say save the $20 or $30 and go third party now. If cash is an issue, then that's your deal! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars good but, August 11, 2013
i have had several of these batteries and they work great but if you get a bad one nikon wont exchange them unless you bought it from them so beware

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what its supposed to be., July 23, 2011
Z. McCrory (Southern Indiana) - See all my reviews
Not too much to say about a battery.

Its a genuine Nikon product so there is no question about the quality. As much as I wanted to find a cheap 3rd party alternative like I did with my D90 that took EN-EL3's, I do feel a bit more confident in having an OEM battery.

So I guess in conclusion, its exactly what its supposed to be and works exactly like I need it to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit battery, NOT genuine Nikon product!, August 11, 2014
Use extreme caution here. These are NOT genuine Nikon batteries, they are Chinese knock-offs in a very realistic looking box, but the serial numbers are not from Nikon as I have verified directly with Nikon. They are as good a counterfeit as I have seen, but definitely not genuine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Nikon worth it for me. . ., August 25, 2011
W. Munn (Illinois - USA) - See all my reviews
Many time I have bought non-name brand rechargable batteries for my Nikon cameras. Over the years I have had mixed results, but often times the non-Nikon have been a better investment for "entertainment use."

However, since I needed these for my business and serious assignments where I wanted to be able to rely 100%, I wnt with the genuine Nikon. It is good to have a matched set of these and the performance of the one that came with the camera and the extra one I ordered seems identical. In this case it was worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent back-up, July 23, 2011
Loved this battery. I used this to back up my D7000 camera. The battery performed more than I expected. I recommend to buy the original battery and not the 3rd party. If. you travel a lot and love to shoots , this is must for you to have. I'am happy and worry free for my purchased.