5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nikon Product, Best Lens Cap Design
This fits the lens that comes with most Nikon kits. If you need a replacement for your Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens this is it. The lens ships with D40 and D40x kits (among others) and should include this cap.

Published on January 11, 2008 by Joel Mellon

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, do not buy from cowboystudio
Published on November 30, 2010 by dmtbman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nikon Product, Best Lens Cap Design, January 11, 2008
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)

The easiest way to see which lens cap you need is to look at the number on the back of the cap, which pretty obvious but I almost overlooked it. Mine says LC-52 52mm. If you've lost yours you can measure the front of your lens. Nikon's more common ones are 52mm, 62mm, 72mm, and 77mm, so the only ones you'll have to measure precisely are the 72 & 77's.

The cap fits super tight if put on correctly, but sometimes, if I put it on quickly, it doesn't line up right on my lens. Somehow I've managed to make it peel up the inner plastic ring right by the lens where it says AF-S DX Nikkor. The impression it left is of the exact shape of the moving parts on the cap. The lens still works perfectly but I'm really annoyed. I can't take a star for that because this is the best cover I've ever owned, but it should be noted that double checking that it's on all the way is recommended. There is a picture of the damaged lens and back of cap in the "Customer Images" on the product page. :)

Amazon's list price is about 15 bucks and there are way cheaper caps out there, but these are really worth it, especially when you've got more expensive glass. Plus they sell for less than half that normally...just be careful with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Lens Cap, December 26, 2008
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
It has been a life long goal of mine to write a review of a Nikon lens cap purchased from Amazon.

Today I'm fulfilling this goal. I'm quite pleased it is a positive review.

I would suggest you purchase at least 2 or more when you buy them. The shipping is the same and you know you will eventually loose this one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best design and this is an original new OEM replacement, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
This is a genuine Nikon lens cap. It is not a knock-off. The center pinch design fits my Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras perfectly (when I lost it somewhere taking photos last weekend). Obviously, it CAN fall off (I lost mine), but maybe I didn't have it on 100% correctly. Sometimes if not seated perfectly, it can click off - which must have happened to me.

Please be cautious that you buy the right size. This is a 52mm, which will fit the kit Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon lens caps are the best, March 12, 2008
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
Nikon lens caps are the best on the market. The are hold securely, don't release accidentally, and are cheap, too. If you have another brand of camera, just use a marker to black out the Nikon logo :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, do not buy from cowboystudio, November 30, 2010
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
I bought this from cowboystudio, because it was slightly cheaper than the other available 3rd party vendors (amazon.com was not an available vendor). Turns out they sent a fake. I know it is a fake because I have other copies of this same lens cover and the lens cover sent by cowboystudio is clearly of lesser quality. It works but it is not as nice as a Nikon original.

Do not buy from cowboystudio. Choose some other vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 19, 2009
M. Abbas (NYC, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
This item is exactly what I was looking for. An original lens cap that fits my Nikon D60!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens Cap, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
My fiance ordered this item for my camera. A Nikon D3000 and it says it is a 52mm lens cap, but it fit perfectly on my 55mm lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes me a better photographer., April 3, 2014
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
Just kidding. But seriously, it's a lens cap and you should have one. Product works as intended, operates as designed, and no complaints from this fella over here ^_^

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Replacement, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
Fit my Nikon perfectly. I purchased this because I lost mine at a photo shoot for a banquet. These things happen and I am glad I could come to Amazon and find one for a reasonable price. I've had it for three years I think. So, for the first time since the banquet, I put on a coat I hadn't worn since then and there was the original cap. Proud owner of two now but not complaining...

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Cap, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap (Electronics)
I ordered a 72mm Nikon lens cap. Instead, I received a 52mm lens cap. It tells you it's 72, but when its in the cart its 52.

Nikon LC-52 Snap on Front Lens Cap