Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 69 questions
votes
Depth of field is more of an aperture issue than focal length. Shoot at anything F16 or higher and you will have plenty of depth of field with this lens or your 100mm. This one is probably the cheapest priced Nikon micro AFS lenses. I have no problem taking 1:1 close ups although a tripod and remote release help if I'm not using flash
Mar 1, 2014 by R. Menday
votes
Without paying a lot more, yes, it'll get close, sometimes even under the lens hood. Watch for the shadow.
May 4, 2014 by Lucy Dashwood
votes
No, with the dx format(40mm x 1.5) it is equivalent to a 60mm (35mm film format); which is considered a normal focal length lens. The special thing about this is lens is that you can get real close up. It is super sharp and takes great close up portraits as well as allowing you to take close ups of flowers jewelry and the usual stuff you might like to look at up close. No image stabilization :( but a bright f2.8
Dec 30, 2012 by savy7
votes
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.53ft (0.163m), (about 6 inches)
Jun 14, 2012 by Amazon Customer
vote
Macro lenses are by design usually better than most prime lenses. In this case my Nikon 40mm will out preform most of my very expensive primes. And yes they carry this performance to any distance.And contrary to the other commentary it will focus accurately at any distance including infinity. I know because I use it thus many times a week.
Jul 23, 2014 by rborud
vote
I gave it to my daughter who claims to love it, she has shown me some amazing pictures of flowers and insects. She does use a tripod when possible as it can be sensitive to vibration or movement.
Aug 12, 2013 by Larry
vote
For some reason, Nikon calls their macro lenses "micro", so yes, this is a lens used for macro photography.
Dec 15, 2013 by Matthieu P. Raillard
votes
I'm don't know anything about the Nikon D3300 but I have been using this lens for a few months and find macro shots are superb. For the price and quality, nothing beats it.
Aug 13, 2014 by Ernest F. McGray, Jr.
votes
What the manual says--DX lenses are for use only with DX-format digital single-lens reflex cameras such as the D7000 or D3000 series. I have a D5200 and it works on it.
Feb 4, 2015 by Richard V. Tieken
votes
I would write to Nikon to be certain, but my feeling is that yes, this can be used on a bellow, but probably as a manual-exposure lens. If you use the lens on a bellows on an FX camera, it's likely the lens will not cover the full size of the sensor. You would have to get the diameter of the image circle and compare that to the size of the sensor and again, that information is probably most accurately obtained from Nikon. They'd be happy to help, I'm sure.
15 days ago by Jeff Wignall
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers