Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 2, 2011
This lens cleaning cloth is not only great for cleaning camera lenses, it's also the perfect size for cleaning my prescription eyeglasses! The eyeglasses lenses are plastic and more easily scratched but the Nikon MicroKlear works perfectly and just follow these steps, 1-blow off loose particals with compressed air, 2-visually inspect the lens for any additional particals , 3-use MicroKlear to clean lens. Perfect!
Anyone with a digital camera knows that it's almost impossible to keep the LCD display screen clean and free of fingerprints. One can get the various clear film screen protectors, only to find within a few days or weeks they will fall off, or they'll be the type that are sticky, and leave a gummy residue all over the back of your camera. There are some made of ultra-thin optical glass "with at least 90% transmittance" but some of those also require gummy tape to be applied to the LCD screen or the rear of the camera.

Having gone those routes over the last decade, I prefer cleaning the LCD screen when it needs it, and this Nikon MicroKlear Microfiber Cleaning Cloth does the job quite well. They say that it's "for D4, D800, D7000, D5100, D5000, D3200, D3100, D300s Digital SLR Cameras," but if your camera has an LCD screen on the back, this will work just fine. I use this on the LCD screen of a few Nikons, a Fuji Finepix and an aged Canon, and in seconds the LCD screens are clean and clear again.

If you're going to use this on the front lens (or filter) surface, it's suggested that you use a small brush to remove any dust and atmospheric grime. The LensPen NLP-1 or the Nikon 7072 Lens Pen do a fine job with this in the field. Once the dust and junk are off and you return home, you can use a drop of optical cleaning solution of your choice applied to this Nikon Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, and you should have sparkling clean results. In truth I've applied a drop of bottled water to the cloth in emergency situations and it's worked well.

This cloth can also be hand-washed repeatedly as it's made from "Ultra Microfibre" according to the package of mine, and once in awhile I throw it in the washing machine with a warm wash. If you do this, do not use bleach, and be sure not to use fabric softeners, which will leave a residue on the cloth. Afterwards you can either air or tumble dry the cloth, and you're ready to go again.

I also use the super-convenient Nikon 8072 Microfiber Cleaning Cloth in the field, and am looking at one that's attached to my camera bag right now. These are all relatively inexpensive, and are a low cost way of maintaining your photo gear. And either of these cloths is excellent for cleaning glasses, of course.

Any of these would make a great gift for a photographer or anyone using field optics, and are usually quite appreciated. Highly recommended for keepin' it clean.

5/10/2012
on February 10, 2016
Out of 4 different brands of micro-fiber cleaning cloth, and tested by 3 different people including me, this cloth came in 3rd. Using a 40x magnification on a light microscope showed this cloth has larger weaves and the surface is rougher. It is OK for larger optical surfaces but is not up the the task for cleaning eyeglasses.
on February 28, 2014
This is nice, soft, great size. This came quickly,packaged well. II like that is seems well made & is not to small. It's just the size I like. I liked it better than the other cloths I ordered because they were to small
on January 14, 2013
This cloth is exactly what I was looking for. It's a little bigger than I expected, though that turned out to be a good thing. It's the perfect size and is sure to be very useful. I would definitely recommend this to any camera owner.
on May 26, 2013
What can you say? It's a cleaning cloth and it works quite well, meaning when I wipe my lenses, both camera and glasses, they are clean. Recommended it you are looking for a lens cleaning cloth.
on October 31, 2012
Bought it for my tablet due to reviews. Now using it on my laptop, glasses, etc.... great product. It's supposed to be washable, but I haven't tried that yet.
on May 10, 2014
it's soft with nice stitching. It won't scratch the lens. it's so nice that i don't want to use them to clean my monitor and iPads
on July 30, 2013
A good cloth for gently wiping off the dust from a lens. A must for pretty much all photographers out there.
on May 17, 2015
What more can I say? This is the correct type cloth for cleaning all types of coated lenses.I keep an extra to clean&polish my good watches before they are stored back in the case.Buy it!