Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 11, 2007
I love this product. As DSLR's have viewfinders, your face is always against the camera back. With the LCD screen there, there's always opportunity for getting it dirty or scratched. This cover fits perfectly and is removable allowing cleaning. I keep it on all the time and purchased a couple.
on January 23, 2008
Serves its purpose, what can I say - it's just a replacement for a stolen one and identical to the original.
on March 10, 2008
Essential!

The buttons on my shirt scratch up the monitor terribly without this.
on July 25, 2007
this is a hard plastic or polycarbonate screen protector just like the one that came with your camera. it's not as clear as a press-on thin cover, but it's more protective. if your lcd gets cracked it's no picnic. the material is fairly indestructible, but they scratch up easy. it's a good idea to always have a backup just in case your other one gets scratched.
on June 22, 2008
Since the D80 comes with one in the box, I was replacing mine after 2 trips to Japan ended up scratching up my existing one. I primarily carry my D80 without a case as I go walking or biking around Japan, and becuase I also use the awesome hand strap over the cumbersome neck strap, the strap's connection to the camera on the tripod mount makes it no longer sit level, so I set it on it's back, using the LCD coverplate as a foot - it works really well. The LCD still doesn't have a nick or scratch on it after 25,000 photos. A great simple piece of gear.
on September 20, 2007
After a few months I noticed the monitor cover of my D80 was getting scratched. I realized that the culprit was, of all things, the buttons on my shirts. It's great to have this inexpensive monitor cover take the beating, saving the irreplaceable surface of the camera's monitor itself. A great item! I suggest D80 owners always have a spare!
on March 29, 2008
I am happy that Amazon has these covers. I had damaged the orginal one, that came with the camera. I have looked in camera stores and NO one carries them. So I bought two. Lot easier to replace the damaged cover than to damage the moniter screen. A great investment! Had it to the door within a week of ordering.
on September 30, 2008
Simple and practical way to protect the LCD screen of your Nikon D80. Once your Monitor cover gets scratched and is it gets hard to see detail of your previewed images, just replace it for a new one.
on July 17, 2008
I lost my monitor cover and became very worried about damaging the LCD. This product gave me piece of mind. It is exactly what you'd expect ... a replacement of the piece that came with the camera.
on August 18, 2008
If you have a Nikon D80, this is a must have if you already haven't got it for your unit.